Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two competetive night's ?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

lad's just an idea as it wont be long till the league is back i know a lot of lads would be interested in playing a second competetive night to sharpen up be it a thurs or a fri night the pub's are generally quiet so has anybody any ideas we could arrang for oct maybe a league format? any ideas.......:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

wayne76 wrote: »
    lad's just an idea as it wont be long till the league is back i know a lot of lads would be interested in playing a second competetive night to sharpen up be it a thurs or a fri night the pub's are generally quiet so has anybody any ideas we could arrang for oct maybe a league format? any ideas.......:confused:

IS THIS IN 1 PUB OR A NUMBER OF PUBS ON A THURS FRI NIGHT.Maybe a league basis but a singles league ,depending on the amount of players split into a couple of different leagues all playing each other over best of 5 legs over a number of weeks with the top 2 or 4 depending on how many going through to the finals.1 point for every leg you win which means yo get to play 5 legs every night your playing.I wouldnt be into travelling from gorey for best of 3 and winning our losing 2-0 in five mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

CORRO77 wrote: »
    IS THIS IN 1 PUB OR A NUMBER OF PUBS ON A THURS FRI NIGHT.Maybe a league basis but a singles league ,depending on the amount of players split into a couple of different leagues all playing each other over best of 5 legs over a number of weeks with the top 2 or 4 depending on how many going through to the finals.1 point for every leg you win which means yo get to play 5 legs every night your playing.
    i think a number of pubs would be best mate keep it spread around in the pub's which participants play from defo a singles league could be the way to go doesn't have to be cut throat but still competetive

wayne76 wrote: »
    i think a number of pubs would be best mate keep it spread around in the pub's which participants play from defo a singles league could be the way to go doesn't have to be cut throat but still competetive

£5 a week maybe have a number of leagues based in differant pubs.With the same players playing in the same pub every week .maybe 8 in each league which means 4 games a night best of 5 which would be 20 legs in a night. wouldnt go on to long so.Means 7 weeks of league games before the finals, also the bottom four in each league play off against each other to . Means everyone will get the same amount of games for there money up to the finals. Have the money split with the top four in each group playing for the majority but the bottom four in each also playing for something ,will keep everyone interested till the end and stop people dropping out if they have no chance of winning the group.

something like that could work ok paul would love to do something even get a team together and play wicklow league on a fri, we'll have to see how many would be interested first but i think it's something to look at as most week's there's lad's in their local's just going through the motions:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

I'd play in the wicklow league with u.s wayne

• Advertisement

Im playing in the wicklow league with martin kinsella stephen byrne and jason cullen and couple of others.

wickow league could be a runner always wanted ti give it ago anybody any idea how to go about it? or where we could play from

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

How about the fisher man's in bray co. Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pot shot

my god i thought there was a resession on but ste u must b flushed with money do u all not think one nite aweek out for darts is enough the season starts in oct all i see here are a bunch of lads going through cold turkey and why the bray fishermans club nothing against the club but why not out of say the igo dont wicklow teams play in our leagues watch the rat will b out of his keg kicking up a stink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

pot shot wrote: »
    my god i thought there was a resession on but ste u must b flushed with money do u all not think one nite aweek out for darts is enough the season starts in oct all i see here are a bunch of lads going through cold turkey and why the bray fishermans club nothing against the club but why not out of say the igo dont wicklow teams play in our leagues watch the rat will b out of his keg kicking up a stink

LOL!!:D I don't mind I'll only be playing Monday night!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement