Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Investigates - younger women

Options
  • 27-07-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

No, not in that sense.

In the sense of, say, a middle-aged man romantically involved with a woman in her 20's.

We have all seen them, the slick, 40-something, tanned, open-shirt wearing smoothie who seems to thrive on the attention of the 20-something wimmins. A man, who really should be buying a Volkswagen Passat and is instead eyeing up a Toyota Celica.

So what's it all about? Is it a case of a dirty old man, desperately trying to prove he is still jiggy with the Young People? A man who is living in a delusion of youth, refusing to accept that the hair growing out if his ears is a sign he really should slow down, perhaps?

And what of her? Is it the Electra complex (Google it, kids)? Is she struggling with Father Figure issues? Or is she looking for a Suggar-Daddy who will shower with money and gifts, among other things? Ahem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Mid life crisis on the mans part tbh.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Tom Dunne, Finally accepting he is old, balding and no longer appealing to the young'uns. With exception to his fabulous missus. ;)

Bless you Tom Dunne. Bless you indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Insurgent wrote: »
    Mid life crisis on the mans part tbh.

But I put it to you that such a man is not in fact entering a mid-life crisis, but is a man to be admired.

Let's face it, if you were in your early 40's, would you like to be engaging in intimate relations with a woman in her 20's?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Tom, you are just jelouse that myself, and certain other men can still attract the attention of younger wimmins.

We might not be able to hold it for very long :D but we still have our mojo.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »
    Tom, you are just jelouse that myself, and certain other men can still attract the attention of younger wimmins.

We might not be able to hold it for very long :D but we still have our mojo.

And tell me something, PC, are you suggesting that a virile, handsome, charismatic, 30-something man couldn't attract the younger ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

a lot of younger wimmins are stupid and are easily impressed.(if i get infraction for this there'll be hell to pay)

the want for a perky pair of baps

unwillingness to accept one's own age.

being far more experienced in the sack

proving to himself and the lads he's still "got it"

not having to have mundane adult conversations about the price of paint in b&q

I haven't worked out the female aspect yet.

ntlbell wrote: »
    a lot of younger wimmins are stupid and are easily impressed.(if i get infraction for this there'll be hell to pay)

Hell to pay? It's the truth, dammit.*
    the want for a perky pair of baps

Don't we all?
    unwillingness to accept one's own age.

Never happened me.
    being far more experienced in the sack

Check.
    proving to himself and the lads he's still "got it"

I don't need to prove anything. Not since the Swedish twins and their mother episode in Trabolgan in the Summer of '93.
    not having to have mundane adult conversations about the price of paint in b&q

I wouldn't even know where B&Q is.
    I haven't worked out the female aspect yet.

PM sent.

*just kidding :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Don't we all?

absolutely, but when you been lifting them up off their knee's for a few years it increases 10 fold. ;)

Never happened me.

So is this about you? or the open shirt hairy chested smoothies? ;)
    I don't need to prove anything. Not since the Swedish twins and their mother episode in Trabolgan in the Summer of '93.

I have a similar story involving toblerones

talk about round pegs into square holds..

oh wait...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

But I put it to you that such a man is not in fact entering a mid-life crisis, but is a man to be admired.

Let's face it, if you were in your early 40's, would you like to be engaging in intimate relations with a woman in her 20's?

Brother Tom, I think you'll find that a man in such a relationship is not in fact entering a mid-life crisis, but is in fact deferring one. A relationship with a younger woman has the effect of rejuvenating an older man, making him feel younger than his actual years. So if a mid-life crisis kicks in at 40, it suggests that a man will live to 80. However, such a relationship will make him feel like he's 30, which means that mid-life crisis has been averted for another 10 years when he feels like he's 40, but is in fact 50, which suggests a life span of 100. Of course this is all conjecture and it is entirely possible that the younger woman, being fitter and more energetic, may induce a heart attack in the older man, thereby drastically cutting short the lifespan. However, it is the way every Brother wishes to go, with a smile on his face, and the young lady becomes the beneficiary of the deceased's estate, so everyone's a winner. I think.

• Advertisement

And tell me something, PC, are you suggesting that a virile, handsome, charismatic, 30-something man couldn't attract the younger ladies?

But, I just told you that I can, and do. :D

Zaph wrote: »
    Brother Tom, I think you'll find that a man in such a relationship is not in fact entering a mid-life crisis, but is in fact deferring one. A relationship with a younger woman has the effect of rejuvenating an older man, making him feel younger than his actual years. So if a mid-life crisis kicks in at 40, it suggests that a man will live to 80. However, such a relationship will make him feel like he's 30, which means that mid-life crisis has been averted for another 10 years when he feels like he's 40, but is in fact 50, which suggests a life span of 100. Of course this is all conjecture and it is entirely possible that the younger woman, being fitter and more energetic, may induce a heart attack in the older man, thereby drastically cutting short the lifespan. However, it is the way every Brother wishes to go, with a smile on his face, and the young lady becomes the beneficiary of the deceased's estate, so everyone's a winner. I think.

But, Brother Zaph, I put it to you that there is something abnormal about such a relationship.

Physical aspects and little blue pills aside, surely a man of a certain age will have little in common with a woman of that age? Surely he won't be able to converse about Lady GaGa and Balmain Studded Sandals? And I would wager that she wouldn't not know the finer aspects of Makers Mark and the merits of the Bosman Ruling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think that a lot of middle-aged men who are romantically involved with wimmins in their 20s may well be going through a mid-life crisis.

Or, looking at it a different way, wimmins in their 20s who are romantically involved with middle-aged men may well be going through a quarter-life crisis.

For me, as a wimmin in her early 20s, if I were to date a middle-aged man it would be out of pity more than anything else. It certainly wouldn't be anything to do with a strong attraction, or, God forbid, love. :eek:

It would be wrong. A middle-aged man would certainly not trawl through the clothes on a website for wimmins in their 20s and tell his wimmins in her 20s which ones are pretty. And a wimmins in her 20s would certainly not learn about the finer points of bourbon and beers for a more discerning palate in order to make sure her middle-aged man got only the best.

Unnatural indeed.

But, Brother Zaph, I put it to you that there is something abnormal about such a relationship.

Physical aspects and little blue pills aside, surely a man of a certain age will have little in common with a woman of that age? Surely he won't be able to converse about Lady GaGa and Balmain Studded Sandals? And I would wager that she wouldn't not know the finer aspects of Makers Mark and the merits of the Bosman Ruling.

Balmain Studded Sandals? Have you been lurking in FAP Brother Tom?

I think it is important to point out that the age of a woman is irrelevant when it comes to discussing the merits of the Bosman Ruling. Similarly, the age of the man doesn't enter into it when there's a discussion about Lady Gaga. Neither subject is meant for the opposite gender, and therefore it doesn't matter about finding a common ground. This logic can be applied to many subjects.

As for little blue pills, oddly enough we had a discussion about this at lunchtime. One of my colleagues pointed out that Valium also comes as little blue tablets, so the only thing one needs to be sure of is that you have your glasses on when you reach for the bottle or the evening could have a completely different outcome to what you expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Have you been lurking in FAP Brother Tom?

O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It's a warped concept played out by warped older men preying on young nubile hotties.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Younger men FTW (but not too young obviously!!)

smashey wrote: »
    It's a warped concept played out by warped older men preying on young nubile hotties.

Jealouse? :p

Ginny wrote: »
    Younger men FTW (but not too young obviously!!)

Tasteh :pac:

P.C. wrote: »
    Jealouse? :p
    Not at all, I was playing along with the general ethos of BGRH - no serious threads.

Screw that then, I'll be serious for a moment. :pac:

If the couple are happy, then it isn't for anybody else to decide what's right and what's wrong. They are both consenting adults and capable of working things out for themselves. They should go for it and stick two fingers up to the begrudgers.

• Advertisement

Not at all, I was playing along with the general ethos of BGRH - no serious threads.

Screw that then, I'll be serious for a moment. :pac:

If the couple are happy, then it isn't for anybody else to decide what's right and what's wrong. They are both consenting adults and capable of working things out for themselves. They should go for it and stick two fingers up to the begrudgers.
    G'wan ya soppy old fart :P :P :P

ChewChew wrote: »
    G'wan ya soppy old fart :P :P :P
    I think I'll take on the PI gig. :pac:

I think I'll take on the PI gig. :pac:
    Nominate yourself to become a new mod over there. . .

oh wait. . . .

:eek: :cool:

janeybabe wrote: »
    For me, as a wimmin in her early 20s, if I were to date a middle-aged man it would be out of pity more than anything else. It certainly wouldn't be anything to do with a strong attraction, or, God forbid, love. :eek:

Actually, for many middle-aged men, being pitied is highly desirable. It shows that you are still virile enough for a young woman to actually notice you in the first place. After a certain age this is gratifying and may lead to stronger feelings developing afterwards. Or maybe that's just indigestion.

Admit it Brother smashey, you were turned down by one of those young nubile hotties, weren't you?

Admit it Brother smashey, you were turned down by one of those young nubile hotties, weren't you?
    Yes. I didn't have enough money at the time. Bloody stag parties in Amsterdam. :pac::pac::pac:

Actually, for many middle-aged men, being pitied is highly desirable. It shows that you are still virile enough for a young woman to actually notice you in the first place. After a certain age this is gratifying and may lead to stronger feelings developing afterwards. Or maybe that's just indigestion.

Ok, I will admit it. I took pity on one of these middle-aged men once. And stronger feeling developed. And I don't know what to do? Should I contact my friendly neighbourhood PI mod?

Ok, I will admit it. I took pity on one of these middle-aged men once. And stronger feeling developed. And I don't know what to do? Should I contact my friendly neighbourhood PI mod?

Well as your friendly neighbourhood PI mod my advice is to go for it. I should admit that I was in a similar position to you, but from the other side. A nubile young hottie took pity on me once. Similarly, stronger feelings developed, to the point that the only way I could be any happier is if she made me a rasher sandwich. Mmmmmm, rashers.....

Well as your friendly neighbourhood PI mod my advice is to go for it. I should admit that I was in a similar position to you, but from the other side. A nubile young hottie took pity on me once. Similarly, stronger feelings developed, to the point that the only way I could be any happier is if she made me a rasher sandwich. Mmmmmm, rashers.....

*puke*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I think you should go to a doctor, this isnt a medicial forum. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest that you go out on a date with a young man of your own age and that way you can compare and contrast the differences in manner and consideration. That is if you can find one who is not trying to date a 19 year old and will commit to a date which is more then you turning up in the same pub they are in and hanging around until its time to go and only ending up getting a snog on a corner like a teenager cos he still lives at home and you don't feel comfortable enough to invite him back to yours.

Advertisement