Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get DVDs in English & Spanish

Options
  • 24-07-2009 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Brought some dvds (of popular current movies) back from a trip to S.America with the option of switching both audio & subtitles from/to English/Spanish.

I have been watching these and they are a help in learning the language. Is there anywhere anyone can recommend where all the dvds are in dual language? All the most promenent online retailers I have checked don't have this option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Your best chance is to check World Cinema sections in the major shops. Films from Latin American countries/ Spain would be there, but others can be but usually not, if you get me?

Instituto Cervantes have a library of DVDS, and I think you can rent them if you apply for permission to do so and pay a fee. I think the place is closed for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dennisc24

If you have access to a college library, you can get your hands on quite a few of them. Alternatively, I've bought absolutely loads of Spanish language DVDs on Amazon.co.uk. I'm runing out of shelf-space and the max I would ever spend is £4-£5 including postage. Beats renting cos you get to keep them like. They're all generally subtitled rather than dubbed though. Have you seen Como agua para chocolate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks folks. Theres a movie on Film4 tonight in Spanish with english subs so I will get max. value out of that, rerunning it.
    Really could have got this sorted on my recent S.America trip had I known I was going to make an effort with the language afterwards. I picked up some dvds @ 60 cents each - a couple of them are dubbed in Spanish with english subs.
    dennisc24 wrote:
    Have you seen Como agua para chocolate?
    No, haven't seen it Dennis but I take it, thats a recommendation?
    Have searched amazon but can't seem to turn up all too many with spanish audio/english subs - and certainly not for the price you mentioned. Can you list a couple of movie titles of the ones you sourced off amazon? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

dennisc24 wrote: »
    Have you seen Como agua para chocolate?

I have the book, it tough going though.

Advertisement