Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darting Injuries

Options
  • 22-07-2009 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever drop a dart through their shoe? Or tweak a muscle while throwing?

Not me, although i've come close on occasion, especially considering i tend to play barefoot at times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone ever drop a dart through their shoe? Or tweak a muscle while throwing?

Not me, although i've come close on occasion, especially considering i tend to play barefoot at times.

Yeah I tweaked a muscle in my neck a while ago while playing, thankfully the pain went away after a few days!

I've been limping around the last few days after getting a cut on my foot after standing on a thumbtack! I was walking around like Barrie Bates yesterday!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I sometimes have a very sore head the morning after a darts match...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Broke the left leg tripping over the oche and have cracked my skull reaching to collect darts from board and falling.

Dangerous game at times, but hey i love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

was playing about a month ago in shorts and threw my 3rd dart walked to the board as it left me hand got a bounce out and fell into me leg, i screamed like a bitch :D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I got a dart stuck in my foot from a bounce out when I was playing bare foot. Bloody sore. Haven't played without shoes on since :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Took a dart in the hand one time as I was slow to pull them from the board.

I also jammed a dart through the palm of my hand after cleaning and replacig the shafts and flights. The dart slipped and went straight into the pads on my hand (and I had very long points at the time).

It was something you had to see to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

had one dart bounce back and go through my shoe, have got stabbed in the hand loads of time either by catching the dart or when cleaning them. threw a dart there yesterday and near enough pulled my elbow out of it's shocket. i'm a walking disaster area :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

what do you clean them with ? .mine are 35 yrs old ,think the only cleaning they got was when a couple of pints knocked over them,lol:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Usually when I'm having a bad practise, I drop my dart onto my shoe.

Well one day, I forgot I was wearing sandals. . . :pac:

Also I tend to get a sore back which can be frustrating. I throw like Colin Osborne but I lean outwards which means my back is twisted in all sorts of directions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

few painful knees due to over twisting on oche.

most common(for me) is puncture holes in my hands :eek: due to my stupidness and the dart slipping from my grasp as I pull back and I try to catch it instead of just letting it hit the floor :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Dart bounced out and for some reason i tried to catch it and it stuck in between my little finger and ring finger on my left hand. Was bloody sore ( emphasis on the bloody :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

The outside of my right knee got very sore there lately, and I ended up putting it down to throwing a lot of darts! From my stance I guess I ended up putting a lot of repetitive strain on it. Grand now but guess that counts as a darts injury

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

No joke guys but when i was throwing tonight (barefoot as usual:rolleyes:) A dart landed about an inch and a half from my big toe. Spooky or what!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I had my bro nearly pin me by the index finger to the dartboard years ago when we came back from the pub pi$$ed. Dunno why but he must have missed a finish and threw the last dart while I was picking out the other 2 (which were my set BTW) and voila :o. It wasn't too bad cos it was but it could have been a lot worse...

My right knee can get bloody sore from leaning on it mostly while practising cos I do tend to throw for quite a while lately (badly needed).

Most stupid injury as of late was when I lashed the next dart at the board in anger having hit a 20/18 while trying to get a 1 for a 5 finish for the second time in a row in practise and pulled some muscle in my left side of my abdomen which was very annoying while driving today for some reason.

I do need to calm down at times lol :o.

Advertisement