Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take you to get into your rhythm?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

It normally takes me about 10 minutes of throwing to get warmed up and for my scoring to get up to my level. I can't go stright in and start hitting decent scores straight away for some reason! So, how long does it take you lads or ladies to get warmed up and start hitting what you think you should be hitting or getting up near your normal standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

When I'm throwing well, usually three or four legs, then I'll usually throw about 5 or 6 good legs, then it all goes pear shaped

Funny that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I posted these stats earlier in another thread, it just shows that I do take my time to get going;

v level 1
    won 2-0
    100+: 1
    140+: 0
    180's: 0
    High out: 60
    Best: 24

Averages
    Darts: 25.00
    Score: 60.12
    Check: 50.00

v level 2
    won 2-1
    100+: 3
    140+: 1
    High out: 56
    Best: 17

Averages
    Darts: 20.00
    Score: 70.60
    Check: 100.00

v level 3
    won 3-0
    High out: 40
    Best: 18

Averages
    Darts: 24.33
    Score: 61.77
    Check: 23.08

v level 4
    won 3-1
    100+: 2
    High out: 96
    Best: 21

Averages
    Darts: 23.67
    Score: 61.04
    Check: 42.86

v level 5
    won 3-0
    High out: 57
    Best: 21

Averages
    Darts: 25.00
    Score: 60.12
    Check: 23.08

v level 6
    won 3-2
    100+: 6
    High out: 50
    Best: 17

Averages
    Darts: 20.00
    Score: 71.91
    Check: 27.27

v level 7
    won 3-2
    100+: 4
    High out: 86
    Best: 20

Averages
    Darts: 20.33
    Score: 72.10

v level 8
    lost 3-1
    180's: 1
    High out: 46
    Best: 18

Averages
    Darts: 18.00
    Score: 72.42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

round bout ten minutes meself, sometimes i can't find it at all other days three darts and i'm there, been very hit and miss lately

been finding it hard to get into a rhythm and when i do it doesn't last

Double Top wrote: »
    round bout ten minutes meself, sometimes i can't find it at all other days three darts and i'm there, been very hit and miss lately

been finding it hard to get into a rhythm and when i do it doesn't last

Hope you're firing on all cylinders next week D.T in the Tassie, if you do you've a great chance of winning or being runner up to me!:cool::p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 stokes2000

hey i play prem darts id warm up in about 10 min most days no games during summer but still throw darts for about 3 hours a day to help my game when the league starts back

• Advertisement

stokes2000 wrote: »
    hey i play prem darts id warm up in about 10 min most days no games during summer but still throw darts for about 3 hours a day to help my game when the league starts back

Welcome to the mad house mate:D, what league and where do you play?

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Hope you're firing on all cylinders next week D.T in the Tassie, if you do you've a great chance of winning or being runner up to me!:cool::p:p

don't worry mate i'll be ready for the tassie:cool::cool::cool:

one of my favorite throws, might be hard for me to get into a rhythm but when i do look out:cool::D:p:p:p:p

Double Top wrote: »
    don't worry mate i'll be ready for the tassie:cool::cool::cool:

one of my favorite throws, might be hard for me to get into a rhythm but when i do look out:cool::D:p:p:p:p

I'm thinking duck and cover if I'm marking your game!;):D:D:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Usually takes me about 20 minutes or so and even then it might not come at all. I have to throw at the doubles for a bit or I wont hit a thing.

Have hardly thrown a dart in about 2 weeks now because of my new job, really have to start practicing again!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

dont get much practive time any more so I usally only take about 9 darts as a warm up. Have got used to that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Usually about 3 or 4 legs for me, have not been playing as mush as I would like recently so it is taking a little longer to get my throw going :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

used to play 4 legs then id be grand but the last few weeks i can barely throw them straight except for the odd day here and there, head melted :D:mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Can usually get up to a decent level of play within 20/30 mins but it takes a couple of legs in a match to get going fully , need the adrenaline :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

just a few throws then you know weather your going to have a good one or not .sometimes its just the 5 or 6 throws before my game depending on where we are playing .If it takes some people so long to warm up you could be worn out by the time you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Three and a half years and counting.........

hahaha!:D:D:D:D

can always count on you rented:P:P:P

LOL!!!!!!:D:D

I thought you played well down the Club!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I haven't played well in a very long time. I was a much better dart thrower before I moved here. Family and work responsibilities have really taken its toll on my game over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

When I'm playing well, I can threaten the treble 20 within 4-5 visits to the board from cold.

When I'm not, I can be crap all day/night :rolleyes:

Advertisement