Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another meetup 2nd August, 7 PM TONIGHT BIG LETTERS LOOK AT THREAD

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

So they've organized one for the 25th, that I can't go to. instead of sulk about it:p I'm going to organize my own meet up, but it'll be better that their one :D;)

just so you know it's going to be in THE GEORGE!

no it isn't but I had you going there for a second....ha ha

I'm thinking Porter House Temple bar. any Questions/suggestions let me know by PM
    I don't know how they are for food but we'll move on after a pint or two.

Here is a map in case anyone doesn't know where to go.
    untitled.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'll see if I am up for this one closer to the time. If I am up for another bus/finding accom. Me and you have to have a chat. :D
    Lol at the George, haha!

Good work taking the initiative!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

oooh like a drinkie meet up??? i likes!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I vote the george :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha! I don't think I can take all the attention I get int eh george. ;)

I thik the plan is we go for a drink after the picnic beers too. :-)

the george is awesome! think they like meat in there though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

haha! I don't think I can take all the attention I get int eh george. ;)

I thik the plan is we go for a drink after the picnic beers too. :-)

lol, beers and then drinks? I always suspected boards meetups were just an excuse for a pissup
    maameeo wrote: »
    the george is awesome! think they like meat in there though ;)

meat and/or fish, depending on the individual or the mood /innuendo

ooh hooo u went there! lol

lol, beers and then drinks? I always suspected boards meetups were just an excuse for a pissup
    Whoops, bit of a slip, guess you know which bit I'd prefer over beer or the picnic. :D

Oh my!
    Haha
    maameeo wrote: »
    ooh hooo u went there! lol

that's what she said

'thats what she said' line doesnt work for everything! stoppit! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

can I get a head count for definite's and strong maybe's.

beer is vegan right, and as a major food group I think it's important we get our daily intake.....

(AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE GEORGE)

• Advertisement

I is maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Forgot to say that I cannot attend. Will be in Scotland. Plus, it's a Sunday. Isn't drinking better on a Saturday with work on Monday and such?

im a maybe also! :D

Forgot to say that I cannot attend. Will be in Scotland. Plus, it's a Sunday. Isn't drinking better on a Saturday with work on Monday and such?

I think Monday is a bank holiday, I'll check and come back to you

anyway it's just one or two beers, unless you're a raging alcoholic

smegmar wrote: »
    I think Monday is a bank holiday, I'll check and come back to you

anyway it's just one or two beers, unless you're a raging alcoholic

I am! Seriously do you have any whiskey, where can I meet you man, ahah, jsut a little, I'll do anything

Oh, i think you are right about the Bank Holiday. My apologies :)

I am! Seriously do you have any whiskey, where can I meet you man, ahah, jsut a little, I'll do anything

anything eh...?
    *ahem*

anything eh...?
    *ahem*

As I keep telling people, I give bad hea...!

:p

I laughed for 5 minutes then got a little sick, but it went back down again.

I meant abuse you for mod powers, I'm not ghey Tar, although it seems you might be for me

Not ghey? You secretly want us to go to the george. :_p

I'm not, but some lad in the know your veggies thread seems to be for me!
    /brb pming him. :pac:

• Advertisement

So i went in to book some tables for us, turns out they don't do booking for Sundays. I'll be in there from about 2 o'clock greedily hoarding all the seats I can till people arrive. especially on a bank holiday it'll be packed, so the earlier you can get in the better.

now we do seem like alco's starting in the pub that early.:eek:

So i went in to book some tables for us, turns out they don't do booking for Sundays. I'll be in there from about 2 o'clock greedily hoarding all the seats I can till people arrive. especially on a bank holiday it'll be packed, so the earlier you can get in the better.

now we do seem like alco's starting in the pub that early.:eek:

where wer u booking?
    the george? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Yay meetup I can go to!

I should be along. Will bring 1-5 veg*n friends hopefully. Not that I can think of stomaching more drink atm.

I''m not going to say that I'm going to this one. In case something goes wrong.
    But I am.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I''m not going to say that I'm going to this one. In case something goes wrong.
    But I am.

If it isn't the girl who cried wolf! Actually think we will have to go round to your house and drag you there. :P

Ugh smegmar, 2pm? jesus! Will try to get out of bed for it and round people up.
    Will send ya my number at some point too for meeting up purposes.

If it isn't the girl who cried wolf! Actually think we will have to go round to your house and drag you there. :P

Ugh smegmar, 2pm? jesus! Will try to get out of bed for it and round people up.
    Will send ya my number at some point too for meeting up purposes.

another good point we will need phone numbers,
    and some way to identify us in the pub, I think I'll leave a carrot on the table...might get some odd looks from people not in the group:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

another good point we will need phone numbers,
    and some way to identify us in the pub, I think I'll leave a carrot on the table...might get some odd looks from people not in the group:D
    Not so strange really;) one of the other forums here had everyone bring a tin of Carnation condensed milk to identify themselves as boardsies at a meetup:pac:

Ah, I can just picture the carrot on the table :D

• Advertisement

Bump, coming up soon!

So far it is smegmar, me, phic, moonbaby, masterofnothing, maameeo, viggi-tea and a few of my real life veggie friends. Oh and possibly purplepossum now too!

Lets get crackin!

Advertisement