Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts Equipment Discussion Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

looks like they would mate, no harm in trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    looks like they would mate, no harm in trying

Ah yeah D.T, just as I was saying earlier I want a set about 25g with a good grip and with more weight at the front of the dart so I'll give them a go!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

They are quite simalar to John Lowe's with possibly the extra weight you are looking for.
    As I said in another thread I changed my darts tonight, albeit the exact same darts, different weight (24g to 22g ) and won a compo too :).

I can only highly recommend these darts http://www.puredarts.co.uk/store/darts_and_flights.php?product=3279 and the website (I think they are the cheapest out there). Perfectly balanced and possibly weighty enough at the front end for you ratinakeg

swalsh wrote: »
    They are quite simalar to John Lowe's with possibly the extra weight you are looking for.
    As I said in another thread I changed my darts tonight, albeit the exact same darts, different weight (24g to 22g ) and won a compo too :).

I can only highly recommend these darts http://www.puredarts.co.uk/store/darts_and_flights.php?product=3279 and the website (I think they are the cheapest out there). Perfectly balanced and possibly weighty enough at the front end for you ratinakeg

Cheers again swalsh, looks a good site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Just got me new darts there, harrows boxer 26g there a cracking dart very similar in shape to the klassens one rat the only difference would be the boxer darts wud have a longer barrell...

Them mini flights are brilliant:D

• Advertisement

matty84 wrote: »
    Just got me new darts there, harrows boxer 26g there a cracking dart very similar in shape to the klassens one rat the only difference would be the boxer darts wud have a longer barrell...

Them mini flights are brilliant:D

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Darts---Steel-Tip-Harrows-Boxer/c12_530/p5697/26g-Steel-Tip-Tungsten-Darts---Harrows---(90)---%3Cb%3EBoxer%3C/b%3E---(Knurled)---26gK/product_info.html
    They look quite similar to my old 27g darts, I'll try Klaasens first but if I don't like them I'll have a look for some longer barrel darts

Happy shooting with your new darts Matty!:)

my new darts are 20g Darts Black Hawk Tungsten Darts (90) by Grand Slam. got the last set on darts corner, thank god i ordered them early. so far 3 180's and a 160 finish, think i'm in love:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

http://www.unicorn-darts.com/unilab/default.aspx

try this rat mate, is handy for picking what type of darts would suit ya, don't have to buy the unicorns just see what comes up and try and find something with simular dimensions.

Im thinking of investing in a set of lowes or sigma's. anyone know the dif between sigma 1 and sigma pro's? Plus have any of you ever tried them

padr81 wrote: »
    http://www.unicorn-darts.com/unilab/default.aspx

try this rat mate, is handy for picking what type of darts would suit ya, don't have to buy the unicorns just see what comes up and try and find something with simular dimensions.

Im thinking of investing in a set of lowes or sigma's. anyone know the dif between sigma 1 and sigma pro's? Plus have any of you ever tried them

Cheers Padr, my search came up with 3 Peter Manley darts which I don't like the look off but I'll try again to see what comes up next:D I'm like a big child!:D

Never used those Sigmas, so I'm no help here sorry!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

• Advertisement

wayne76 wrote: »

Cheers Wayne, they look perfect but I can't find them in 25g.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

I've just tried slightly longer shafts, got better results straight away and now gone to muck

Can't figure out what is after happening to my form at all, but christ I'm throwing dirt!!

Dunno how the pro's mess around as much as see a difference

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I don't have the money to buy new sets of darts in case they don't suit. I have been steadily improving with the set I have so i don't really see any reason to change, i wouldn;t know what to go for if I did!

I am going to buy some of those tridents though and I want to try a few different types of flights.

Can anyone tell me where you buy those mini standard flights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I don't have the money to buy new sets of darts in case they don't suit. I have been steadily improving with the set I have so i don't really see any reason to change, i wouldn;t know what to go for if I did!

I am going to buy some of those tridents though and I want to try a few different types of flights.

Can anyone tell me where you buy those mini standard flights?

Send me your address mate and ill post you out a set of the mini flights and 3 of them tridents there me last 3 but you can have them, just wont be able to post them till monday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

matty84 wrote: »
    Send me your address mate and ill post you out a set of the mini flights and 3 of them tridents there me last 3 but you can have them, just wont be able to post them till monday

Wow cheers man! I'll pm you now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I find red dragon have lots of darts at differing weights from just £8-£10 so you can buy a cheap set and if you like em move on to a more expensive set.
    Search by weight and they have a huge amount.

http://www.reddragondarts.com/

Actually forget these guys their delivery charge has spiralled out of control to £8.46 for a set of darts. Thats just crazy it used to be £2

I can't find the Jelle Klaasen 25g darts on Dartscorner, just after checking:confused::mad: They where on it the other day! What will I do now:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I can't find the Jelle Klaasen 25g darts on Dartscorner, just after checking:confused::mad: They where on it the other day! What will I do now:confused:

Try a different company mate. Puredarts or red dragon or A180 darts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

• Advertisement

Daffy501 wrote: »

Cheers Daffy! You saved my darts career!;):eek::D

Got my Jelle Klaasen's 25g today, delighted!:D

Rhenium Darts the best darts ever made?

Have a look at these;
    http://www.a180.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=81&xSec=7

They must be for the price of them!:eek:

Just ordered;

COLIN LLOYD Target Flights Pear Shape x3

Lime Green Medium dart shafts/stems
    Option: medium 54mm x3

MAESTRO IRELAND DESIGN UNICORN DART FLIGHTS SLIM SHAPE
    Option Type: 1 SET SLIM SHAPE x6

Nylon Dart Stems 2ba Short White 15p per set
    Option: SHORT 39mm x10

Ruthless R.I.P. Slim dart flights 1769
    Option: ONE SET 1769 R.I.P x5

Target Play poly NEON YELLOW SHORT shafts
    Size: Short
    Colour: Yellow x3

Trident 180 Deflection performance Dart point Applicators Special Offer
    Colour: White x2

£21.86 not bad!:)

Ok I have decied it must be my board because I am onto my second pack of Tridents already and I only bought them 2 weeks ago. They get bashed up after one long game. They are great when they are in good condition but very annoying when bashed up.

I might have to stop using them unless I can get a set that are strong. They should really be made of a light rubber!

Just bought 2 sets of these tridents, hope they are OK!

i have black,white,red and silver of tridents. still on my first set of silver, i use really weak flights (poly plain) so i need them and they really work well for me

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Ok I have decied it must be my board because I am onto my second pack of Tridents already and I only bought them 2 weeks ago. They get bashed up after one long game. They are great when they are in good condition but very annoying when bashed up.

I might have to stop using them unless I can get a set that are strong. They should really be made of a light rubber!

:eek: :eek: Crikey, I bought some back in March and am still using the original 3 I put on my darts

OK I think it must be my board then! In fairness it's an old board and the wires seem to stick out an awful lot on it so I think it's when my darts hit the wire that the wire rips up the trident. Might have to buy a new board, it's well over due anyway!

• Advertisement

Have made my last order for a long long time: have put all the darts stuff i don't use in a big box and put it under the stairs to stop me from switching

15 xDart Flights - Poly Plain Original - Std - "White"
    15 xDart Flights - Poly Plain Original - Std - "Clear"

10 xDart Stems - Football National Team Name Design - Short - "Ireland"

5 xDart Flight Accessories - Flight Protectors - Anodised Alloy - Black
    Options

Advertisement