Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book for language form

Options
  • 14-07-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I am getting help with Spanish from some folks via Skype. However, I think I need a book to work off for the most common verbs, etc...and formation of the language.

Anyone any suggestions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

Easons do some good books. What are you looking for? what level of spanish do you have and what level to you want to attain?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Verb Tenses http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Makes-Perfect-Spanish-Tenses/dp/0844273341/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247623825&sr=8-1
    I have this myself and it covers all the tenses in Spanish and its fairly cheap.

I also recommend that you have a look at The Michel Thomas courses, he covers most of the grammar and structure of Spanish in about 13 hours and his method of teaching is great.
    The only thing missing in his courses is vocabulary, but this is intentional and it is something you work on yourself after finishing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Easons do some good books. What are you looking for? what level of spanish do you have and what level to you want to attain?
    Starting at ground zero (just a smattering of words gathered up following a month in south america and stuff I've picked up from the Michel Thomas audio tracks). Objective at the moment is just to be able to put some basic sentences together. I have what amounts to a half hour spanish 'tutorial' via skype. If I continue on with it for 4-5 days a week, I should surely be able to string some words together. Ideally, I would like to have made some progress by the time I go back to S.America for a month in a years time.
    draoicht wrote:
    Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Verb Tenses http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Mak...7623825&sr=8-1
    I have this myself and it covers all the tenses in Spanish and its fairly cheap.
    Yes, this is what i'm looking for alright. Will order it up. Thanks.
    draoicht wrote:
    I also recommend that you have a look at The Michel Thomas courses, he covers most of the grammar and structure of Spanish in about 13 hours and his method of teaching is great.
    Have been using the Michel Thomas audio tracks for the last 6-8 weeks and find them great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

Ok, Michel Thomas is ok, ( I am a spanish teacher) I used him to leave French and it was a help.

You need to immerse youself in the language. Get some movies and Listen to them in Spanish with english subtitles, (movies you have seen) Read the paper, you need to practice as much as you can. The best way to learn is to make some spanish friends.

Advertisement