Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game - Jay Z Diss

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's fooking garbage!

If jigga bothers to reply game is dead.

I hate this Game/Joe Budden bull **** of disssing people everytime they fart just to get some ****ing headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Talk about contradiction.

Not long ago The Game said, " I don’t take shots at legends" <<<lol ha yeah right! I've lost count how many times he has dissed Jay (mainly subtly) obviously for album sales and attention.

I remember when The Game dissed Jay in "its Okay (One blood)", saying "Your 38 and your still rappin'? uhh" in which Jay replied in "The prelude", "I used to think rappin at 38 was ill
    But last year alone I grossed 38 mill" <<damn!! nuff said

Like Biggie said, "lyrically..n****s cant see me" <<I think this definately applies to The Game when compared to Jay-z.

Like I mean I really like The Game and his first album especially (The Documentary) was seriously dope. One criticism of The Game though is the amount of "NAME DROPPING". I mean I swear in every song, he always mentions Dr. Dre.

can i just say this is a response, jay z dissed game first on blueprint 3 check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14EJRm-ZqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW9gYVgBnls

No it's not.

Game has a habbit of saying "**** Jay Z" on stage at european gigs, hes been doing it for about 4 years and then going back to the states with his tail between his legs saying sorry.

And game said on "its ok (one blood)" how you still rapping at 38 or something like that.

And Jigga replyed "I used to think rapping at 38 was kinda ill, last year alone I made 38mill" on a track.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seaneh wrote: »
    No it's not.

Game has a habbit of saying "**** Jay Z" on stage at european gigs, hes been doing it for about 4 years and then going back to the states with his tail between his legs saying sorry.

And game said on "its ok (one blood)" how you still rapping at 38 or something like that.

And Jigga replyed "I used to think rapping at 38 was kinda ill, last year alone I made 38mill" on a track.

Yeah he does a call and responce thing followed by a 'freestyle' (which is always the same). He also very creatively says Gay-Z instead of Jay-Z. There's footage from a recent gig in Spain floating about of this.

• Advertisement

He also very creatively says Gay-Z instead of Jay-Z. There's footage from a recent gig in Spain floating about of this."

Yep creative line but Nas already used it on "Ether"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Napoli

Great tune...I love it! Game has a point whe he says Beyonce is a gold-digger. She is WAY out of his league and can only be in it for the money.

3026080_4.jpg

The dude is UGLY. I can't stand when he tries to make love songs. Nas was spot-on on ether with "You think you getting girls now because of your looks? Negro please!"

This new tune from The Game is way more direct than his other dis tracks at Jay. I doubt Jay will reply tho...I mean why would he in all fairness:L:L This is a guy worth around €340m...a legend in hip hop and ha sold over 50m in album sales.

From Jay's point of view...I bet he feels there is no way he is going to promote The Game by replying to his diss songs where as 50 Cent kept replyin to disses as he feels when he's finished with you...no one will want to buy your music.

"Great tune...I love it! Game has a point whe he says Beyonce is a gold-digger. She is WAY out of his league and can only be in it for the money."

lol How on earth can Beyonce be classed as a gold digger? She belonged to one of the most successful girl bands in "Destiny's Child" and was even more successful in her solo career. She was filthy rich BEFORE she met Jay and she said herself she wanted to retire when she hits 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

****, nobody battles anymore!

I mean that is just a collection of random boasts and schoolyard insults. Seriously, the game has been trying to engineer this beef for years - he actually said as much a few years back, and that was the best he could come up with? I couldn't get past 1 min. Aside from the content, its not even a good song.

Takeover truly was the last great battle rap - it wasn't based on a bunch of random insults, it broke down nas' and prodigy's careers and tore them to shreds! It was what battling should be all about. This bull**** of "beefing" by just calling people gay for 4 minutes is ridiculous.

I kinda liked the game (well, first two albums) but now i actually hope Jay-z does to him what he did to prodigy. Not that i want to encourage this sort of thing, but if that was the best he could do with 4-5 years of planning, somebody needs to put him in his place.

• Advertisement

Takeover truly was the last great battle rap

I don't know what it is about people riding Jay's díck in Ireland but in New York, and the rest of the US tbh, it is universaly agreed that Nas killed Jay during their beef. Jay was laughed at for releasing the Takeover. Such a weak song and it did little damage to Nas.

Nas gained fans from the beef, Jay-Z lost fans from the beef. He was smoother and more calm. Jay did seem as if he was emotionally hurt, especialy when Nas did something as simple as calling him ugly!
    Jay shít himself when he heard Ether and that's why he retaliated with Superugly THE NEXT DAY. Deep down he knew Takeover was weak and couldn't cut it.

Regarding Game battling Jay: I don't know if Game has any real "ammo". He has no relationship with Jay. Anything he says wiil just be a recycling of past disses. And the thing Nas and Camron have in common is that they've had some type of relationship with Jay in the past so when they make a diss there's substance behind it.

Ether is a better track but the Takeover was a brilliant battle track too, if Nas hadn't "Ethered" him people would be calling that track the best battle track of all time, imo.

but yeah, Nas "Ethered" him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

that song is terrible by the way

I'm sorry, but nas did not "body" jay-z with ether. Sure he insulted him a lot more, but there surely has to be more to a good battle rap than calling somebody gay or ugly.

The beauty of Takeover is that what jay spits at nas and prodigy is for the most part true. He broke down nas' career so accurately and showed him up for what he was until then - a one album wonder. Jay's verses weren't based on school yard insults, but on cold hard facts. This was a battle for the NY Crown, and thus the Hip-hop crown, and jay-z showed that nas was completely unworthy to wear the crown.

On the other hand, nas didn't worry about letting facts getting in his way on ether. Seriously, nas is better than just calling somebody "gay-z" - thats something you would expect from the game - or ugly etc. The closest he got to facts was when he said Em murdered jay on renegades (which is somewhat of an exaggeration - em may have shaded it, but Jay's verse was bananas too) and the bit about recycling biggie's lines (which is again an exaggeration - sure he did quote biggie alot, but what jay writes around the biggie lines were usually better anyway, and look at how many people quote jay in raps).

But most of ether wass made up, and so lost credibility. if this was a personal feud ether would have one for the pure viciousness of the raps, but it was about who was the best rapper, and takeover proved jay was.

Napoli wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about people riding Jay's díck in Ireland but in New York, and the rest of the US tbh, it is universaly agreed that Nas killed Jay during their beef. Jay was laughed at for releasing the Takeover. Such a weak song and it did little damage to Nas.

Nas gained fans from the beef, Jay-Z lost fans from the beef. He was smoother and more calm. Jay did seem as if he was emotionally hurt, especialy when Nas did something as simple as calling him ugly!
    Jay shít himself when he heard Ether and that's why he retaliated with Superugly THE NEXT DAY. Deep down he knew Takeover was weak and couldn't cut it.

Regarding Game battling Jay: I don't know if Game has any real "ammo". He has no relationship with Jay. Anything he says wiil just be a recycling of past disses. And the thing Nas and Camron have in common is that they've had some type of relationship with Jay in the past so when they make a diss there's substance behind it.

To be honest, not trying to be a prick, but is that a serious post? I mean, you can say nas won and i'll disagree but i can see where you come from, but to see Jay was laughed at for releasing takeover is a joke. Takeover is recognised as one of the greatest battle raps of all time. Look at any list complied of top 10 battles/battle raps, and they will all have takeover in top 5. They might also have ether ahead of it (although many don't) but it will still be top 5.

Also, again, you can say Jay-z is not the greatest ( i don't necessarily think he is, but he is top 3) but to say stuff like why are people on his dick/jay is crap is a bit juvenile. You may not like him, but you have to recognise he has skills - even if you don't like the poppier stuff he does, the lycrism, emotion, wit and insight he displays on songs like fallin, success, black republican, renegade, allure, song cry, where have you been, and most of reasonable doubt must be respected.

Also, prior to the beef, nas and jay had little to no relationship, and furthermore, ether as i explained above showed little to no insight at all. Unless you think that calling someobdy gay or ugly is insight!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

from sohh.com!
    "We dropped 'I'm So Wavy' yesterday," Game said in his latest vlog. "That wasn't no real diss or nothing, that was just like pop shots, messing around in the studio. Dropped a little something for the streets...When I took that little shot at Beyoncemag-glass_10x10.gif, I basically was just freestyling and she just got hit. I ain't even gonna break none of this stuff down or none of that, I was just coming straight off the dome. That Beyonce line just came right out. I didn't necessarily mean to go at Beyonce, I got beef strictly with your boy Jigga Man...Everyone loves Beyonce, I hop on the stage to diss Jay-Z, Hov, Jigga Man so if you know about the art of hip-hop and you know what freestyling is, then you know sh*t just comes outta your mouth...It sounded like I called Beyonce a h*e. I did call her a h*e but I did not mean to call Beyonce a h*e. I don't know where she's been or who she's been with." (The Game Vlog)

Link

Im a GAME fan and its just typically him really, R.E.D. Album is in the making after all ;)

Hmm I don't why you felt the need to make two consecutive replies within 20 mins....I must have hit a nerve. Jay-Z, is that you? Anyway, let's break down the two songs :)

Ether's "attacks":
    Jay-Z bites Biggies rhymes (Jay does quote Biggie a lot..)
    Jay-Z is ugly (fat lips, camel face etc) (objective but I doubht he's a pin-up for schoolgirls...)
    Eminem outshone Jay on Renegade, on Jay's own album (Most critics agree but Em produced the song to suit his own flow)
    Claims Jay's past as a drug dealer was made up
    "No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case
    Just Hawaiian shirts, hanging with little Chase"
    (I dunno about this. I guess Jay would be stupid to prove he participated in illegal activites)
    Jay-Z is 36yrs old in a karate class. (I've no source. Could be BS)
    Claimed one of Jay's "friends" stabbed
    record executive Lance "Un" Rivera during a nightclub dispute on December 1, 1999 and made Jay take the blame leading to the infamous court case. aka Jay is pussy (Again, I've no source.)

Takeover's attacks:
    Nas songs are garbage (objective. A lot would disagree)
    Nas tries "to kick knowledge" (Weak. Nas tends to use big words and rap about intellectual stuff compared to Jay's self praise shít. Hardly an insult)
    Ridiculed Nas for Oochie Wally (true, it's a terrible song but it's a once off for Nas. Jay has done countless cringeworthy pop songs bragging about money and girls eg Can I get a **** You *shudder*)
    Nas is a pretend thug
    you ain't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad
    You scribbled in your notepad and created your life
    (he does reference drug dealing in his early stuff. True or false? I dunno)
    Nas only good album in ten years was Illmatic
    (this is objective, but It was Written was widely critically acclaimed. I Am was popular too.)

There is no "right" answer to this debate, but for me Ether is miles ahead of Takeover. Nas stil has crowds of hundreds at his gigs shouting "Fúck Jay-Z!!!" as soon as the first few seconds of the Ether beat come on at this gigs. Takeover has seemed to fade into oblivion. The fact that Jay released Supaugly the next day after Ether shows he was scared and the songs got to him.

Hmm I don't why you felt the need to make two consecutive replies within 20 mins....I must have hit a nerve. Jay-Z, is that you? Anyway, let's break down the two songs :)

Ether's "attacks":
    Jay-Z bites Biggies rhymes (Jay does quote Biggie a lot..)
    Jay-Z is ugly (fat lips, camel face etc) (objective but I doubht he's a pin-up for schoolgirls...)
    Eminem outshone Jay on Renegade, on Jay's own album (Most critics agree but Em produced the song to suit his own flow)
    Claims Jay's past as a drug dealer was made up

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT](I dunno about this. I guess Jay would be stupid to prove he participated in illegal activites)
    Jay-Z is 36yrs old in a karate class. (I've no source. Could be BS)
    Claimed one of Jay's "friends" stabbed
    record executive Lance "Un" Rivera during a nightclub dispute on December 1, 1999 and made Jay take the blame leading to the infamous court case. aka Jay is pussy (Again, I've no source.)

Takeover's attacks:
    Nas songs are garbage (objective. A lot would disagree)
    Nas tries "to kick knowledge" (Weak. Nas tends to use big words and rap about intellectual stuff compared to Jay's self praise shít. Hardly an insult)
    Ridiculed Nas for Oochie Wally (true, it's a terrible song but it's a once off for Nas. Jay has done countless cringeworthy pop songs bragging about money and girls eg Can I get a **** You *shudder*)
    Nas is a pretend thug

(he does reference drug dealing in his early stuff. True or false? I dunno)
    Nas only good album in ten years was Illmatic
    (this is objective, but It was Written was widely critically acclaimed. I Am was popular too.)

There is no "right" answer to this debate, but for me Ether is miles ahead of Takeover. Nas stil has crowds of hundreds at his gigs shouting "Fúck Jay-Z!!!" as soon as the first few seconds of the Ether beat come on at this gigs. Takeover has seemed to fade into oblivion. The fact that Jay released Supaugly the next day after Ether shows he was scared and the songs got to him.

Again, i said i could see your point if you said that nas was better. I have no problem with that, many do, many others don't. What i said was that regardless of your musical tastes, to say Jay-z is crap, or that people are dick riding for liking him, or that takeover was a **** song is just silly.

As for the above, you seem to be missing my point - in a rap battle for the NY throne, making fun of somebody's lips or appearance doesn't exactly prove what a great rapper you are, especially seeing as the man they are vying to replace was a fat **** with bigger lips. Jay stated his case based on his rap qualifications, not his looks. If rap was based on looks, pretty ricky or LL would be the GOAT.

I'm not saying ether was a bad song, i like it and i love nas. To say either song is crap is dumb. And takeover hasn't faded into obscurity. As seanah said, takeover is considered one of the greatest battle tracks ever. Although i think no vaseline might shade them both - the venom of ether and the accuaracy of takeover. e.g. - see this list of top 11 battle songs

On Ether (No.9 on the list)
    Year: 2001

Song: "Ether" by Nas

The Jay-Z and Nas feud was the biggest and most hyped battle in hip-hop history. It was billed as the two biggest artists battling for rap supremacy. Thankfully, the battle lived up to the hype. Its origins are disputable, with many believing it started as a war of words between Memphis Bleek and Nas. Nevertheless, Jay-Z made the first move by dissing Nas and Prodigy of Mobb Deep) on stage during New York radio station, Hot 97's Summer Jam concert. Nas followed with a short, but impressive response, "Stillmatic Freestyle." Hov then released his official diss song, "Takeover," while Nas responded with "Ether."

What the song did right: Depending on who you ask, some fans feel Nas won the battle with Jay-Z. Others strongly disagree. But there is one thing everyone can agree on: "Ether" revived Nas' career, and thankfully, the Nasty Nas of old was resurrected when he was drawn into a battle with Jay-Z. "Ether" solidified Nas' spot among the great MCs in history and regained his credibility in the streets. It also lead to the shoddy Jay-Z response song, "Super Ugly." So that, in itself, is an accomplishment.

What the song did wrong: It's laughably immature. While Jay-Z attacked Nas' credibility, declining skills and discography on "Takeover," Nas littered his response with personal attacks. Nas didn't really draw on any facts or well-thought-out ideas on "Ether." Instead, he resorts to name-calling like "Gay-Z" (clever), and "You no mustache havin', with whiskers like a rat." While the lines about Hov constantly biting Biggies rhymes adds to the song's allure, there's also laughably childish barbs such as, "You 36 in karate class, you Tae-bo hoe," and "Foxy [Brown] got you hot, 'cause you kept your face in her p***".

Quotable: "How much of Biggie's rhymes is gone come out your fat lips?/Wanted to be on every last one of my classics/You pop s***, apologize, n****, just as 'Kiss."

On Takeover (No. 3 on the list)

Year: 2001

Song: "Takeover" by Jay-Z

What the song did right: Any fan of "Ether" will tell you the song didn't get good until Nas' third and final verse. Jay, on the other hand, crafted a more clever and cohesive diss in only one verse. "Takeover" is a smart and calculative diss. Jay cunningly attacked each of Nas' weak points, including his faux Esco persona and questionable discography. On top of that, Jay had the ultimate trump card, ending the song with the infamous bars: "You know how, did you know what, with you know how/Let's just keep that between me and you, for now," Then there's Prodigy. It's not an overstatement to say that P got the worst of the "Takeover," as Jay toyed with the Queensbridge MC, belittling and mocking his entire career with five lines: "You little ****, I've got money stacks bigger than you/When I was pushing weight, back in '88/You was a ballerina, I got your pictures, I seen ya/Then you dropped "Shook Ones," switched your demeanor?/Well, we don't believe you, you need more people."

What the song did wrong: The only flaw of "Takeover" is the fact that Jay wasted his first verse. While the initial verse set up the later ones, it was still average and pointless by all respects. Jay would have been better off to open the song with his second verse.

Quotable: "You said you been in this 10/I've been in it five, smarten up Nas/Four albums in 10 albums years, nigga? I can divide/That's one every, let's say two, two of them ****s was due/One was, nahhh, the other was Illmatic/That's a one hot album every 10 year average." - Jay-Z

As for superugly, that doesn't mean Jay was scared. It was just a freestyle response. Its what happens in a lot of beefs/battles. Within hours of jay mentioning game (in a non disrespectful manner), the game started dissing jay. when jay premiered the first verse of takeover (directed at prodigy) at summerjam, nas immediately responded to the "ask nas, he don't want it with hov" line with a freestyle.

They were battling, simple as. It involves back and forth. The only reason the battle fizzled out after that was because hot97 had a poll comparing ether to superugly. Nas won by about 4% or something. The never compared takeover to ether.

As for the responses, no you didn't get me hot and bothered. Its an internet forum. It would take a hell of a post to make me lose sleep. i was just bored and couldn't have been arsed using the multiquote thing. The first response was for seanah mainly - i disagree with his conclusion as to the winner, but can respect his response.

Napoli,

"Takeover truly was the last great battle rap I don't know what it is about people riding Jay's díck in Ireland but in New York, and the rest of the US tbh, it is universaly agreed that Nas killed Jay during their beef. Jay was laughed at for releasing the Takeover. Such a weak song and it did little damage to Nas.

Jay shít himself when he heard Ether and that's why he retaliated with Superugly THE NEXT DAY. Deep down he knew Takeover was weak and couldn't cut it."

Im a Jay fan so this might sound biased but never in my life have I heard such utter garbage. Like obviously you do not like Jay as a rapper but to say "takeover" was weak and that Jay became a laughing stock is exaggerated.

In my OPINION, "takeover" was a stronger diss track than "ether". It was much wittier and cleverly breaks down Mobb Sleep (I loved old Mobb Deep but since they SOLD out to 50 Cent..I lost all respect) and Nas careers. I mean he only dedicated a verse to Nas. Nas on the other hand dedictaed an ENTIRE song to dissing Jay and while it was witty in some parts..ultimately, he was only dissing Jay for his looks, being outshone by Em and that Jay is a biter. Most of it I did not expect from Nas to be honest....and there is a trend here...most rappers such as Cam'ron and The Game can only diss jay about his looks becuase they have nothing credible to hurt him with.

"Jay did seem as if he was emotionally hurt, especially when Nas did something as simple as calling him ugly!"

Ha how though? Both rappers were stronger than ever after the beef. Jay released the Black Album which I thought was an exceptional album and obv Nas Stillmatic I thought was dope.

People might critizize jay for being poppy at times but no one can deny the talent and depth of his lyrical skills. I mean not many rappers can deliver songs like "meet the parents, song cry, D'evils" and I can go on forever....

@ floggg & beya2009

No disrespect boys. From reading past posts on this forum you obviously know your stuff. You're also both obviously unconditional Jay-Z fans! I'll admit, I tend to favour Nas more.

Of course Jay is a legend in the rap industry. He's been around for over a decade when so many rappers are one hit wonders, I'd be a fool to deny that (Nas has been around slightly longer though).
    And one area where Jay trumps Nas is his choice of beats. The Black Album still sounds fresh today thanks to the excellent production (Timbaland, Rick Rubin, Kanye etc...)

BUT Nas is the rapper's rapper. If I has to use one word, I'd describe his songs as intelligent. I'm sure you have Illmatic, just listen to his verse on Life's a Bitch - it's poetry. Kids should be studying this type of stuff in school! The cleverness of songs like I Gave You Power or Rewind too (anyone who knows these songs will know what I mean).
    Jay's songs consist of punchline after punchline, which kids like to quote and it does sound cool, but you'll never find the "knowledge" (for lack of a better word) on his songs that you do with Nas.

• Advertisement

Hi Napoli,

Now we're getting somewhere..there's logic to what your saying. I mean dont get me wrong...I love Nas..I have nearly all of his albums on cd. Like you said, one area that Jay cannot touch is Nas lyrical depth. I mean songs like "NY State of mind, book of rhymes, one mic and gave you power" For the last song I mentioned...for a guy to be able to portray himelelf from the perspective of gun just outlines the lyrical purity of Nas and epiotomises what rap is all about. Again the list of dope songs by Nas is also endless.

But what im argueing here in my OPINION is that in terms of the complete package..I think Jay edges Nas. Jay's flow and delivery is stronger and his wit is unrivalled and not to mention that he is also strong lyrically (I mean check out Jay's verse on Dr. Dre's "The watcher 2") to understand what im saying even though I think Rakims verse was the best hands down.

Like I know Jay has been poppy throughout his career and obviously this has been conducive to his commercial success. Even nas has some poppy songs and one that comes to mind is the song off the terrible Nastradamus album with Ginuwine, "You owe me".

Some dude summed up Jay's and Nas Career's and its interesting:

"I think Nas would be more like Apple...most of us know his **** is good and he's popular with the people who know he has good product not to mention his reputation but he'll never be the goliath Jay-Z (Microsoft) is..."

beya2009 wrote: »
    "I think Nas would be more like Apple...most of us know his **** is good and he's popular with the people who know he has good product not to mention his reputation but he'll never be the goliath Jay-Z (Microsoft) is..."

I like that quote. Sums it up pretty well.

@ floggg & beya2009

No disrespect boys. From reading past posts on this forum you obviously know your stuff. You're also both obviously unconditional Jay-Z fans! I'll admit, I tend to favour Nas more.

Of course Jay is a legend in the rap industry. He's been around for over a decade when so many rappers are one hit wonders, I'd be a fool to deny that (Nas has been around slightly longer though).
    And one area where Jay trumps Nas is his choice of beats. The Black Album still sounds fresh today thanks to the excellent production (Timbaland, Rick Rubin, Kanye etc...)

BUT Nas is the rapper's rapper. If I has to use one word, I'd describe his songs as intelligent. I'm sure you have Illmatic, just listen to his verse on Life's a Bitch - it's poetry. Kids should be studying this type of stuff in school! The cleverness of songs like I Gave You Power or Rewind too (anyone who knows these songs will know what I mean).
    Jay's songs consist of punchline after punchline, which kids like to quote and it does sound cool, but you'll never find the "knowledge" (for lack of a better word) on his songs that you do with Nas.

Napoli, this is clearly one of those agree to disagree situations, which i am cool with. As i have said, i like, no i love nas, i just personally think takeover was greater than ether.

However, two things

(a) I do not consider myself "an unconditional" fan of anything or anyone. I never deal in absolutes, i don't think anybody should. Its not a constructive position to adopt on an topic - i try to keep an open mind. I think its a particularly unreasonable position to adopt when it comes to a person - nobody is without their flaws. Jay-z has many - change clothes being one of the biggest that springs to mind. I am a jay-z fan, just like i am a nas fan, but i don't follow them blindly. Both of had many attempts at cross over mass appeal - jay-z has had some stinkers (change clothes, anything with foxy brown, brooklyn's finest, city is mine....) but he has also had a string of great chart hits (big pimpin, hard knock life, give it to me, girls, girls, girls etc). Nas has pretty much failed at any attempt at "pop" (nastradamus being one of the most terrible songs ever). But its the remainder of the songs on the album that i appreciate the most.

(b) not to come across as a stan, because i'm far from it (i have already said jay is not my favourite rapper - he's in my top 3 for skills, but only in top 10 in terms of being my favourite artist) but i think you're a bit off to say that jay-z's songs just consist of punchline after punchline. Without doubt, nas shows the greatest lyrical dexterity and has superior rhyme schemes and vocabulary, but that doesn't mean that jay's songs are shallow in comparison - in fact they are far deeper. Seriously, listen to the insight, emotion, wit and intelligence displayed in songs like D'Evils, Regrets, Let me live, allure, where have you been - while he might not use as complicated language as nas, he often puts across a more powerful message or story, and shows insight and analysis that is second to none. Nas is a better lyricst, but he often uses more words to say less.

Again, don't get me wrong, i love nas - i think he is the greatest lyrcist bar ras kass, and is also in my top 10. I am more excited about his new album with damian marley than i am blueprint 3. Its just i disagree with your analysis of jay-z. If you were on here saying nas was crap, i would also stick up for him.

Its funny how The Game has been takin shots at Beyonce and I know some people have been saying she is only with him for the money. Well check this link out:

http://news.ie.msn.com/forbesarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=148455456

This so called gold digger raked up an impressive $87 million between June 1, 2008 and June 1, 2009.

beya2009 wrote: »
    Its funny how The Game has been takin shots at Beyonce and I know some people have been saying she is only with him for the money. Well check this link out:

http://news.ie.msn.com/forbesarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=148455456

This so called gold digger raked up an impressive $87 million between June 1, 2008 and June 1, 2009.

In fairness, she has sold more records than Jay. How is it a gold digger thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

game will kill jay and jay knows it..if jay had the balls to respond which he dosent game said 400 bars were coming and that= D.O.J death of jay z coz he is not a good diss artist... I mean look at the history game never lost a beef he aint gonna lose now plus the fact jays afraid to throw anything besides a subliminal...dont get me wrong reasonable doubt was fire but jay isint on that nemore and he talks alot of crap.....game already got him on my bitch liek 3 years ago anyway....personally i think jay is in for a lyrical asswhopping

Advertisement