Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST???

Options
  • 11-07-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all, hope this dosent sound a bit thick. A while back i had an Tribe Called Quest album which i loved and would play from start to finish. I dont even like hip hop or rap!!! Ive "bought"..."Peoples Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm" and "The Low End Theory" but these are not that album that i had. What is that album that i had???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ConfusedBuyer

Hey hey all my white irish home boys!!! Just got it from Golden Discs it was open at 4 this morning, so i paid all my hard earned cash for it, pirate bay also chiped in a few €€€..."The Anthology"...check it out and pass the BIG 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

word up!

you obviously do like hip hop...real hip hop..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Get Midnight Marauders too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

It has to be Midnight Marauders.
    Featuring lots of other rappers too, it was a pinnacle album.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

it cud of been Beats, Rhymes and Life

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

to jump on the band wagon, it could have been the love movement :) Seriously good album, when it was released it was met with some criticism but i think that it is great......actually, they dont have a bad album in thier discography.....buy em all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Did OP not say in the second post that it was "Anthology" - the greatest hits cd?

anyways, have only got the anthology myself, absolutely love it. Have been meaning to get an album for ages for ages. If you had to pick one to start on which would it be?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd say Midnight Marauders would be a good one to start off on

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd say Midnight Marauders would be a good one to start off on

+1

A Tribe Called Quest are the sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

No-one mentioned the Low End Theory yet, also a very worthy addition to anyones collection!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement