Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie League?

Options
  • 10-07-2009 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Lads could we run a league of some kind to help with practice (at this stage we know the stranded of players here so if there was a strong interest the players could be split according to the rankings on here)?

The boards tournament could be run also, just wondering would it work if a group were interested as I would like to get back practicing and there is nothing better than playing someone even though it's on dartpro, just putting this out there to see what the feedback is like...

http://www.leaguerepublic.com website would be able to keep results/fixtures and tables.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Looks excellent, I would definitely be up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

I'm there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I'm up for this!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

Indeed sounds like a most excellent idea old chap count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

I'll give this a go , the more you play the better you get :D:D

• Advertisement

It looks fairly easy to set it up;

http://www.leaguerepublic.com/

We should have some deadline for entries, sometime next week I would suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

you can count me into this too great idea:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I think we should put a date on fixtures by which the date should be played

BUT

allow people to play each other as and when they want to, so that fixtures can pile up as results

Yes it means you wont know the winner or who's leading the way till nearer the end if some people play as their games but it definitely means there will be a lot more flexibility and people if they are online at the same time could knock out a few matches before going on holiday etc etc.

If we have set dates for fixtures, 1 every few days, then it will take forever to complete and there will be lots of walkovers

This concept of play is used in Football Manager Live and works VERY well. As people proactively challenge each other when they are online

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good idea dionsiseire, i like it.

The only thing I will say is that there has to be a deadline for the League to be finished by, otherwise some people might not bother their arse playing games.

On LeagueRepublic you can have up to four leagues, We should have at least 2 leagues with promotion and relegation. I agree with Dionsiseire on the fixture thing!

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Good idea dionsiseire, i like it.

The only thing I will say is that there has to be a deadline for the League to be finished by, otherwise some people might not bother their arse playing games.

I thoroughly agree on the end date for the league

and if you like you could put groups of fixtures that must be played, so if you want to say start the league August 1st and Finish October 1st, you could have a group of fixtures that you must have attempted to play by September first or you lose to a walkover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

ratinakeg wrote: »
    On LeagueRepublic you can have up to four leagues, We should have at least 2 leagues with promotion and relegation. I agree with Dionsiseire on the fixture thing!

Yeah i reckon players should be seeded, the seedings can be based on averages, ie top 8 seeds go into the premier league and say from seed 9 to 16go into division 1 (just using them number of players as an example)

Here is the latest rankings compiled by Dionsiseire;

CURRENT
    1)AndyP (27) - No Change
    2)Double Top (20) - Up 14 Places
    3)scunner (17) - Down 1 place
    4)dionsiseire (15) - Up 7 Places
    5)Pad180 (14) - Up 1 place
    6)Kingp35 (14) - Up 2 places
    7)Passinginterest (13) - Down 2 places
    8)Daffy501 (13) - **NEW**
    9)ciarraibhoy (12) - No change
    10)Carrickman (12) - Up 9 places
    11)mr.jingle (11) - Down 8 places
    12)STD Ste (11) - **NEW**
    13)Evolution Enter (11) - Down 6 places
    14)Padr81 (10) - Down 10 places
    15)ratinakeg (7) - Up 3 places
    16)Hitmanhealy (7) - **NEW**
    17)Patrickincork (6) - Down 5 places
    18)iseethelight (6) - Down 4 places
    19)DFD (6) - **NEW**
    20)nhughes100 (5) - Down 10 places
    21)Degag (5) - Down 8 places
    22)Death1234567 (4) - Down 7 places
    23)Ronan|Raven (4) - Down 7 places
    24)Davb (4) - Up 6 places
    25)Healio (3) - Up 4 places
    26)MBC (3) - Down 6 places
    27)coyle (2) - Down 6 places
    28)jay.cymru (2) - Down 6 places
    29)Chuckythetree (2) - Down 6 places
    30)el_duderino (0) - Down 6 places

Tournament 2
    Double Top (16)
    Daffy501 (13)
    STD Ste (11)
    Dionsiseire (10)
    Andyp (10)
    Carrickman (9)
    Hitmanhealy (7)
    Kingp35 (7)
    Ciarraibhoy (6)
    DFD (6)
    Pad180 (5)
    Ratinakeg (4)
    Scunner (4)
    Davb (4)
    Passinginterest (3)
    Evolution Enter (3)
    Healio (3)
    Patrickincork (2)
    iseethelight (2)
    Degag (1)

Tournament 1
    1)AndyP (17)
    2)scunner (13)
    3)mr.jingle (11)
    4)Padr81 (10)
    5)Passinginterest (10)
    6)Pad180 (9)
    7)Evolution Enter (8)
    8)Kingp35 (7)
    9)ciarraibhoy (6)
    10)nhughes100 (5)
    11)dionsiseire (5)
    12)Patrickincork (4)
    13)Degag (4)
    14)iseethelight (4)
    15)Death1234567 (4)
    16)Ronan|Raven (4)
    17)Double Top (4)
    18)ratinakeg (3)
    19)Carrickman (3)
    20)MBC (3)
    21)coyle (2)
    22)jay.cymru (2)
    23)Chuckythetree (2)
    24)el_duderino (0)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Instead of having just 2 leagues, you could have 3 or more. There are 30 players in that list... perhaps have 3 leagues of 8 and one of 6? Of course not everyone will participate of course. Also to make sure that one person doesn't have all the workload, one person from each league could take control of their league, i wouldn't have a problem in doing this for the botto.... i mean my league:)

Loving the promotion/ Relegation aspect of it also... you could also have playoffs!

I thoroughly agree on the end date for the league

and if you like you could put groups of fixtures that must be played, so if you want to say start the league August 1st and Finish October 1st, you could have a group of fixtures that you must have attempted to play by September first or you lose to a walkover

Yeah I like this idea. Maybe we can divide the fixtures into four blocks and give a deadline for each block. That way you can play a number of matches at one go but there won't be one lad with all his matches played when someone has only played a few.

Degag wrote: »
    Instead of having just 2 leagues, you could have 3 or more. There are 30 players in that list... perhaps have 3 leagues of 8 and one of 6? Of course not everyone will participate of course. Also to make sure that one person doesn't have all the workload, one person from each league could take control of their league, i wouldn't have a problem in doing this for the botto.... i mean my league:)

Loving the promotion/ Relegation aspect of it also... you could also have playoffs!

Sounds good to me Degag, like that idea but can we get the numbers for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Sounds good to me Degag, like that idea but can we get the numbers for that?

Don't know mate, probably not. I'd suggest that the max number in each league would be 8 though. Think it would be a bit overwhelming and time consuming playing any more

Degag wrote: »
    Don't know mate, probably not. I'd suggest that the max number in each league would be 8 though. Think it would be a bit overwhelming and time consuming playing any more

Maybe with promotion and relegation maybe 10 in each league would be better as with eight there would only be a few places separating promotion and relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Here is the latest rankings compiled by Dionsiseire;

CURRENT
    1)AndyP (27) - No Change
    2)Double Top (20) - Up 14 Places
    3)scunner (17) - Down 1 place
    4)dionsiseire (15) - Up 7 Places
    5)Pad180 (14) - Up 1 place
    6)Kingp35 (14) - Up 2 places
    7)Passinginterest (13) - Down 2 places
    8)Daffy501 (13) - **NEW**
    9)ciarraibhoy (12) - No change
    10)Carrickman (12) - Up 9 places
    11)mr.jingle (11) - Down 8 places
    12)STD Ste (11) - **NEW**
    13)Evolution Enter (11) - Down 6 places
    14)Padr81 (10) - Down 10 places
    15)ratinakeg (7) - Up 3 places
    16)Hitmanhealy (7) - **NEW**
    17)Patrickincork (6) - Down 5 places
    18)iseethelight (6) - Down 4 places
    19)DFD (6) - **NEW**
    20)nhughes100 (5) - Down 10 places
    21)Degag (5) - Down 8 places
    22)Death1234567 (4) - Down 7 places
    23)Ronan|Raven (4) - Down 7 places
    24)Davb (4) - Up 6 places
    25)Healio (3) - Up 4 places
    26)MBC (3) - Down 6 places
    27)coyle (2) - Down 6 places
    28)jay.cymru (2) - Down 6 places
    29)Chuckythetree (2) - Down 6 places
    30)el_duderino (0) - Down 6 places

Tournament 2
    Double Top (16)
    Daffy501 (13)
    STD Ste (11)
    Dionsiseire (10)
    Andyp (10)
    Carrickman (9)
    Hitmanhealy (7)
    Kingp35 (7)
    Ciarraibhoy (6)
    DFD (6)
    Pad180 (5)
    Ratinakeg (4)
    Scunner (4)
    Davb (4)
    Passinginterest (3)
    Evolution Enter (3)
    Healio (3)
    Patrickincork (2)
    iseethelight (2)
    Degag (1)

Tournament 1
    1)AndyP (17)
    2)scunner (13)
    3)mr.jingle (11)
    4)Padr81 (10)
    5)Passinginterest (10)
    6)Pad180 (9)
    7)Evolution Enter (8)
    8)Kingp35 (7)
    9)ciarraibhoy (6)
    10)nhughes100 (5)
    11)dionsiseire (5)
    12)Patrickincork (4)
    13)Degag (4)
    14)iseethelight (4)
    15)Death1234567 (4)
    16)Ronan|Raven (4)
    17)Double Top (4)
    18)ratinakeg (3)
    19)Carrickman (3)
    20)MBC (3)
    21)coyle (2)
    22)jay.cymru (2)
    23)Chuckythetree (2)
    24)el_duderino (0)

i'm down a point in that i should have 11 (i got a draw with you in tournie 2.), in fact I demand 11 or i'm leaving the joining the PDC premier league instead.

Great idea count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

put my name in the mix:D:D

• Advertisement

padr81 wrote: »
    i'm down a point in that i should have 11 (i got a draw with you in tournie 2.), in fact I demand 11 or i'm leaving the joining the PDC premier league instead.

Great idea count me in.

Ah I remember that match, cracking game, looks like we might be in the same league judging by the rankings!

Jaysus looks like I am going to be in the top league, I can see a relegation battle in my future.

Jaysus looks like I am going to be in the top league, I can see a relegation battle in my future.

It will be tough King, I'm happy I don't have to play Daffy or Double Top but I'll probably have to play STD Ste and DFD!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

ye id love to play 2

padr81 wrote: »

Great idea count me in.

people who pulled out of tourney 2 didnt get any points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yeah stick me down for this.......chanx.

Padr81 didn't pull out in the end so he should be due that one point. Was a bit of a mix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Padr81 didn't pull out in the end so he should be due that one point. Was a bit of a mix up.

i would love to play to . but not been stupid here i have set it up but never played a game against anyone yet. so not 100 per cent sure how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

I played all my games Dion mate. I thought i'd have to pull out but finished my games.

• Advertisement

Major bump up for this! I'd like to get playing this soon, maybe sometime next week should be the deadline.

Advertisement