Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you can use Dartpro?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Just asking this as it has been a while since the last online boards tournament and I'd like a new one to start soon as they where great crack! I can only host games for some reason and I know some people can only join games which might be tricky. Just trying to gather some interest for another tournament!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i use dartspro but whenever i go and try and join a game, i get to the finish button click on it and then it just stops working, i heard before it's because i have vista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    i use dartspro but whenever i go and try and join a game, i get to the finish button click on it and then it just stops working, i heard before it's because i have vista

Can you host a game D.T?

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Can you host a game D.T?

never tried it. i'll give it a go now and see what the story is. if i can i'll be playing you and daffy ALOT:D:

just tried it and no good. i heard daffy got his working and he has vista. next time he's on i'll send him a pm and see if he knows whats up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

never tried it. i'll give it a go now and see what the story is. if i can i'll be playing you and daffy ALOT:D:D:D

I'll try join your game when you're ready.

Ah just saw you updated your post! That's a shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Anyone with vista having problems on dartspro then update your.NET Framework with this link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

• Advertisement

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAFFY YOU GENIUS:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAFFY YOU GENIUS:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL savage mate , i got it from Ronan/Raven so thank him mate

don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, because i will drive everyone mad now:D:D:D, i'll be wanting to play 24/7

don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, because i will drive everyone mad now:D:D:D, i'll be wanting to play 24/7

Ah there is always someone on here who is willing to get beat eh no sorry i meant play a game D.T LOL;);)

By the way can you act as server and client?? i can only act as client for some reason

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Ah there is always someone on here who is willing to get beat eh no sorry i meant play a game D.T LOL;);)

well thay are playing the boards champ:cool::cool::cool::D:D. i might give them a leg or two, just to give them a bit of confidence:D:D:D

• Advertisement

sorry lads that i couldn't get it working. my laptop hates me.:D:D:D

sorry lads that i couldn't get it working. my laptop hates me.:D:D:D

Not to worry mate ,it will be sorted one way or the other :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Works for me, I can act as both client and server.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Works for me, I can act as both client and server.

Me too :D

does it matter what network your on:(:confused:confused::confused::confused:, i'm on BT if that helps

I really dont think it does mate. I've been looking up eircom and bt service providers and dont see difference.

It shouldnt matter who provides the service so its gotta be something on your laptop bud.

What router have you got and i will se if i can find something about static ip adresses for you cos thats what it sounds like is wrong.

Daffy501 wrote: »
    I really dont think it does mate. I've been looking up eircom and bt service providers and dont see difference.

It shouldnt matter who provides the service so its gotta be something on your laptop bud.

What router have you got and i will se if i can find something about static ip adresses for you cos thats what it sounds like is wrong.

i'm using the netopia eircom router box (BT bought the line)
    cheers for the help mate, like i said before when it comes to computers i have the foggiest:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

cheers for the help mate, like i said before when it comes to computers i have the foggiest:D:D:D

Same router as me :confused:

No prob bud , then you are going to have to read the post by kingp35 in the ezchalk virus thread and create a static ip and that should get ya going

ok lads anyone still having problems after trying all the usual like setting your firewall to low then you have to give yourself a static IP address or it isn't goig to work for you.

Check out this site on how to do it
    http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto...ip-address.asp

On our router go into Expert mode, click on "configure" click on "advanced" and click on DHCP Server.

Change the DHCP End Address to 192.168.1.100 Then save teh changes and restart your router. That's the easy part! smile.gif

Next go to Control panel and then to Network Connections. Find your internet connection, right click it and go to properties.

Scroll down to internet protocol (TCP/IP) click on it and then click on properties. A box will open up where you can enter in your ip Address.

For your IP adress type in 192.168.1.151
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.254
    DNS Server 192.168.1.254

Ok when you have all this done then go back into yoru router and to your NAT settings where you set up Dartpro. Disable it if you have it enabled already because we ned to do it again. Do what ciarraibhoy said earlier, that is define new custom service, call it dartpro, use the port 47141 in all of the boxes, use TCP and add it.

Then when you go to enable it you will be given the option of choosing your host device IP address. Make sure you choose the one you set up earlier, that is 192.168.1.151
    If you are not given teh choice hopefully this will default. you can check this by using basic mode on your router, clicking on custom services and you will see it at the bottom.

When this is all done it should work fine for you!

Not sure how well i explained that but give it a go and if you get stuck get back to me

Advertisement