Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Player who has never won a Major Televised Tournament?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Was discussing this earlier with the lads, all of us said Terry Jenkins! I know I've probably forgotten a few others, I'd like to see your lads views on this topic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Mervyn King.... not completely sure if he won one in the BDO or not though.... same can be said for Gary Anderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

I beleive Denis Ovens has been an excellent floor player over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

ye id love to see terry win a few, and ronnie baxter (dont think he's won one, could be wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Degag wrote: »
    Mervyn King.... not completely sure if he won one in the BDO or not though.... same can be said for Gary Anderson.

King won the BDO run Winmau World Masters in 2004 i think it was , defo won it though cos i was there :D not sure about Anderson though . I know he made it to No.1 so i guess he must have won something major

Just checked it out and found this :
    Gary Anderson (born 22 December 1970) is a Scottish darts player currently playing for the Professional Darts Corporation. His nickname is 'The Flying Scotsman' and uses "Jump Around" by House of Pain as his walk-on theme/music. He won his first major televised event at the 2007 International Darts League - which featured players from both darts organisations - the British Darts Organisation and the Professional Darts Corporation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Joe C

I'd say it's Double Top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Joe C wrote: »
    I'd say it's Double Top

cheers bud:D:D:D:D.hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Lewis i think should have won something by now

Hamilton, dont think he's won anything major

Baxter, has he won anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I'm a big fan of Jenkins so hopefully he will win something sooner rather than later.

As regards to Lewis, he's only 24 and he will have his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Mike Gregory (he had his chance big time though) you alway wonder where would he be know if he had of beat Taylor that year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Definitely Ronnie Baxter. Terrific darts player on his day and has beaten all of the top players but he just hasn't done enough to win a major. The 1998 (I think) World Matchplay final against Rod Harrington was the closest he got. He was winning the entire match until Harrington snatched it at the death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yeah Ronnie for me too..........runner up in the bdo final twice, runner up in the desert classic, runner up in the world matchplay also.........about 2/3 years ago he won 7/8 floor tournaments throughout the year.........terrible he hasnt won a major YET........here's hoping though as he's me fav player.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Carrickman wrote: »
    Mike Gregory (he had his chance big time though) you alway wonder where would he be know if he had of beat Taylor that year.

Mike Gregory won the British Professional in the early 80's. I remember as the following weekend we, Bedfordshire played Avon in the Inter Counties and I was drawn to play him and despite having an average of 31+ a dart got beat 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

id have to say mark walsh ...he has won a good few pro tours but never a major i think its only a matter of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 garfields

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Definitely Ronnie Baxter. Terrific darts player on his day and has beaten all of the top players but he just hasn't done enough to win a major. The 1998 (I think) World Matchplay final against Rod Harrington was the closest he got. He was winning the entire match until Harrington snatched it at the death.
    he also got close to winning the bdo world title lost to ted hankey in the 2000 final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Shayne Burgess and Chris Mason are 2 more players who could have won major TV tournaments. Burgess was unlucky as he came up against the Power Phil Taylor in his finals. Mason should have defintley won a TV major especially in 2000 when he lost to Hankey 5-4 in the semi final of the BDO World Championship. After that defeat he was never the same player.

Advertisement