Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

PlayTV Discussion (reasonable discussion ONLY!)

1368369371373374579

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 BMollie


    Auld-Yin wrote: »
    this is ridiculous
    222
    From what Lauren is saying, it sounds like it's in the early 200's. You might be guessing in the right area ....but maybe they have changed their tactics...and are making it more believable....CAUS .they know they are being watched.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 BMollie


    misty76 wrote: »
    Humans have legs, cat have feet or paws.. So this is where they are going with it tonight!
    What about the bus driver...how many legs has he got?:p


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 BMollie


    :P
    misty76 wrote: »
    Humans have legs, cat have feet or paws.. So this is where they are going with it tonight!
    What about the bus driver. ???? that was the reason this quiz was rejected.


  • Subscribers Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭ .BrianJM


    4 girls
    1 driver
    48 cats in baskets
    5 cats visible in bus
    kittens abandoned
    Goodnight all


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 BMollie


    39 live entries


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ misty76


    BMollie wrote: »
    What about the bus driver...how many legs has he got?:p

    Well if he was human he would have 2 lol,:D
    so its just the legs on the bus, so the cats (oops kittens) are in a basket so therefore not counted? Too tired to think about it now :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ kelty


    Answer is 8 legs

    forget about cats & kittens

    hint from her (2 used 3 times) 2* 2* 2 = 8

    4 girls on bus = 8 legs


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 BMollie


    Lauren's giving away the answer 2.she say's and it's 3 times...so I think as has been guessed before..222 WHAT A CHANGE TO THE OLD BUS QUIZ:confused:
    They are really scared now...so making it so easy ......Only one complaint not passed???????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    52 live entries on this one.
    I think it will be the first BUS QUIZ ever solved. If someone get's the answer after all the hints it will be a RECORD.


  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ misty76


    Final answer 222.


  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ RobbieM


    It just goes to show, even if they tell the answer, they will make money!

    Prize money vs chance of connection.

    If someone flukes an early answer. the next puzzle waits to make up the money.

    Is there any way to beat the quiz???


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ✭✭✭ Anatomyoflife


    How did they come up with 222.......... as far as i can see the answer is 202

    1 basket = 4 cats + 12 kittens
    = 16 animals
    = 64 legs

    3 baskets = 64 legs x 3
    = 192 legs
    4 girls = 8 legs
    busdriver = 2 legs

    therefore total is 192 + 2 + 8 = 202 legs


  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ jsemple


    How did they come up with 222.......... as far as i can see the answer is 202

    1 basket = 4 cats + 12 kittens
    = 16 animals
    = 64 legs

    3 baskets = 64 legs x 3
    = 192 legs
    4 girls = 8 legs
    busdriver = 2 legs

    therefore total is 192 + 2 + 8 = 202 legs

    each girl had 3 baskets so there were 12 baskets making your answer substantially larger.

    I watched it last night and worked out a answer approaching 800, Auld Yins logic that the kittens weren't on the bus must be correct but it isn't acceptable. I can't remember the wording but I remember thinking about possibilities that the cats, kittens or even people weren't on the bus and there was nothing to suggest that was the case. In fact it goes against previous logic in these bus games.

    In their old games - the cats were taken off the bus in baskets but not the kittens.
    Now the cats are on the bus on baskets but the mention kittens aren't.

    In the old games there was nothing to suggest that the kittens were kept on the bus but not the cats so it was pure guesswork and I believe thats still the case.

    There's so many variables that can make different answers and when they change their logic at whim it makes it impossible to guess right the first time meaning it's not logical at all.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ✭✭✭ Anatomyoflife


    jsemple wrote: »
    each girl had 3 baskets so there were 12 baskets making your answer substantially larger.

    I watched it last night and worked out a answer approaching 800, Auld Yins logic that the kittens weren't on the bus must be correct but it isn't acceptable. I can't remember the wording but I remember thinking about possibilities that the cats, kittens or even people weren't on the bus and there was nothing to suggest that was the case. In fact it goes against previous logic in these bus games.

    In their old games - the cats were taken off the bus in baskets but not the kittens.
    Now the cats are on the bus on baskets but the mention kittens aren't.

    In the old games there was nothing to suggest that the kittens were kept on the bus but not the cats so it was pure guesswork and I believe thats still the case.

    There's so many variables that can make different answers and when they change their logic at whim it makes it impossible to guess right the first time meaning it's not logical at all.

    yeah first time i got 776....... but how can they justify somebody winning on a question that has so many possible answers and then not even give a solution on there site...........


  • Subscribers Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭ .BrianJM


    How did they come up with 222.......... as far as i can see the answer is 202

    1 basket = 4 cats + 12 kittens
    = 16 animals
    = 64 legs

    3 baskets = 64 legs x 3
    = 192 legs
    4 girls = 8 legs
    busdriver = 2 legs

    therefore total is 192 + 2 + 8 = 202 legs
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63199114&postcount=11108


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 dangerpowers


    Hi Guys/Gals (my contacts)

    Just a quick reminder to let you know I'm not in Dublin for a few days, I know you read these boards so saves me texting! and ye did say to mention it here, I won't be needing any answers/solutions but do let me know if something different happens - you know what I mean!

    Speak to you all when I'm back

    Ciao


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ a_l_a_n


    I was watching this one last night too, and it really pissed me off. I wasn't able to stay conscious for the eventual conclusion but was there long enough to find out the answer they were looking for was 222, rather than the correct 776 (note there are no grounds to assume there was an unmentioned bus driver!).

    If I was the kind of person stupid enough to have called that number, then I would have spent all of today on the phone and writing letters to the BCC making an official compaint about false advertising or something.


  • Subscribers Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭ .BrianJM


    a_l_a_n wrote: »

    ...(note there are no grounds to assume there was an unmentioned bus driver!).

    If I was the kind of person stupid enough to have called that number, then I would have spent all of today on the phone and writing letters to the BCC making an official compaint about false advertising or something.

    The driver is the guy behind the windscreen.

    A call or calls to the show are not a requisite for a complaint if you believe it's justified.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ✭✭✭ Anatomyoflife


    Auld-Yin wrote: »

    Where did the "5 visable cats" come from?????


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ✭✭✭ Anatomyoflife


    a_l_a_n wrote: »
    I was watching this one last night too, and it really pissed me off. I wasn't able to stay conscious for the eventual conclusion but was there long enough to find out the answer they were looking for was 222, rather than the correct 776 (note there are no grounds to assume there was an unmentioned bus driver!).

    If I was the kind of person stupid enough to have called that number, then I would have spent all of today on the phone and writing letters to the BCC making an official compaint about false advertising or something.

    Agreed........... except for the bus driver part that could be relevent *shrug*


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ a_l_a_n


    Where did the "5 visable cats" come from?????

    I think the sketch that they showed on screen for the duration had a few visible cats. What he's saying is that the answer was based on this image. It's so incredible I wouldn't be able to believe it, except for the fact that his is the only explanation that comes close to the wildly incorrect value they asserted.

    But remind me, did the image show 4 girls on the bus and 12 baskets off the bus? Was the image actually sufficient for answering the question?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭ Our man in Havana


    The devil is in the detail.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ✭✭✭ Anatomyoflife


    a_l_a_n wrote: »
    I think the sketch that they showed on screen for the duration had a few visible cats. What he's saying is that the answer was based on this image. It's so incredible I wouldn't be able to believe it, except for the fact that his is the only explanation that comes close to the wildly incorrect value they asserted.

    But remind me, did the image show 4 girls on the bus and 12 baskets off the bus? Was the image actually sufficient for answering the question?

    I really can't remember now........... yeah it's the only way to get their answer..... this show or whatever you'd like to call it needs to be scrapped cause it's ridiculous :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭ APM


    Bond-007 wrote: »
    The devil is in the detail.

    is that why your source was so wrong?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭ the groutch


    is it just me or did JG say at the very start there that they were giving €300 for ANY 3 letter or more word?


  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ highnc


    no, only one word that's sealed in the envelope.

    1290 possible words and that's excluding names!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 dangerpowers


    LAst post before I go

    Look at the wording of the question

    It say CREATE a word using at least 3 letters, not find the word in the envelope, thats a very reasonable complaint that can be made as all callers are making at least 3 letters words which are correct answers


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 dangerpowers


    highnc wrote: »
    no, only one word that's sealed in the envelope.

    1290 possible words and that's excluding names!

    But then a name may be acceptable tonight!


  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ highnc


    it's usually a name; JG stuttered when someone said "great" at the start of the show, so my guess is:

    GRAHAM


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭ yenraek


    highnc wrote: »
    it's usually a name; JG stuttered when someone said "great" at the start of the show, so my guess is:

    GRAHAM

    That is so clever Highnc, and very observant! Of course, because we all expect it to be a name I wonder if they will actually have a 'WORD' in the envelope this time!!!!

    They wouldn't want us to be too smart.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ highnc


    major clue: change of tactic - it's a country (i was too smart last post!!)

    HAITI


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement