Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELE Qualification

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi All,

Has anyone done DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language), as run by the Instituto Cervantes?

I am thinking of doing this Diploma with the 'Hola ¿Que Tal?' course. Some of you will probably know the course from the TV programme of the same name that's on TVEi.

I would be interested to know of anyone who's done either the 'HQT' course or the DELE via a different route.

Cheers,

Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I haven't done the DELE but it's something I'm seriously considering doing. It's the only real way to quantify your knowledge of español, especially if you want to include it on your CV. Same with any language tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Yeah I'd like to do the DELE, but I'm planning on studying for a degree in Spanish anyway. So would it be worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 GoingBk2School

djcervi wrote: »
    Yeah I'd like to do the DELE, but I'm planning on studying for a degree in Spanish anyway. So would it be worth it?

I suppose it depends what you want it for.

I'd looked at the degrees as well but it usually involves something else ... like literature studies or even another language.

Personally, I want a qualification that will 1) improve my Spanish and 2) be a qualification that will prove my competency in Spanish. Therefore, after much thought, I think the DELE 'es para mi' : o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I suppose it depends what you want it for.

I'd looked at the degrees as well but it usually involves something else ... like literature studies or even another language.

Personally, I want a qualification that will 1) improve my Spanish and 2) be a qualification that will prove my competency in Spanish. Therefore, after much thought, I think the DELE 'es para mi' : o )

Muy bien y buena suerte! I myself have only wanted to study languages in college. Plus I love the idea of spending time studying in Spain (mostly) and maybe France. My main reason for wanting to get the DELE is that it is a respected exam for Spanish competency, which would be good on my CV. I'll do my degree first and then I might bother getting it. :P

Advertisement