Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy or quite

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Some players love to whip the crowd up before a match others are put off by the slightest noise. Do you think darts should be played in front of fans who behave like there watching snooker. or should fans sing and have fun during a darts match pros are not put off fairly easy and most love the noise and crowd going wild. so whats your opinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

What?
    :D:D:pac::pac::pac::p:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Like I said in the Vegas thread

As for darts crowds, I agree that the Premier League crowds are far too noisy and aren't interested in the darts. The Vegas crowd are a little too queit though. The best crowd is at the World Matchply, loads of atmosphere but great respect when the players are throwing. It's a happy medium between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

you have to have the noise at a darts match thats why its got so popular lately cos its a night out, i love playing and watching darts but i wouldnt be a fan of having to sit in silence for 3 hours if that were the case i dont think the grand prix in city west would be selling out every year if it werent the night out and a laugh that it is. im done lol,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hooters88

I've only just got into the darts.

Went in Liverpool in Feb, had an amazing time but barely even watched the games, got far too drunk and just felt like a random night out.

Just been at the Vegas one and loved it.

It's not silent the whole time like everyone is making out, it's just while they throw. Atmosphere was great and because everyone isn't a complete drunken mess causing trouble, the players always stay around and chat with ya etc some come back in and sit n watch the rest of it on tables next to ours, was great!

Plus it's an excuse to start drinking at 9:30am ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Love playing in the noise, give's me a boost. i don't know how anyone can play in silence, played once in it and i hit single one and all i could hear was some fella going "he's ****e" now if that doesn't put you off i don't know what would,

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    Love playing in the noise, give's me a boost. i don't know how anyone can play in silence, played once in it and i hit single one and all i could hear was some fella going "he's ****e" now if that doesn't put you off i don't know what would,

sure i hear them saying that in the noise aswel :D:D:D just tends to be louder

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

And from me jay

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    And from me jay

haha your the worst ste, holding up banners with me name on down the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

I'm getting we love the welsh lad down the eye tattooed on my back just to show you the love mate

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

I am for silence. the fans should appreciate that a big part of darts is concentration. Rowdy noise in the background does not contribute positively to the game. All it does is to add to the sterotypical image that darts is nothing but a game played by drunken overweight people in a pub.
    Darts is a game of skill, concentration and controling your emotions when standing at the oche. Listening to a drunken rowdy crowd of supporters shouting at the players which might be good for tv viewing figures but does nothing for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

They should make announcements like that during soccer matches too, haha

C'mon, professional sports where participants perform in front of loud crowds tend to earn good money and perform well

Bet Ronnie O'Sullivan would only love a louder crowd.....more money

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

greened wrote: »
    I am for silence. the fans should appreciate that a big part of darts is concentration. Rowdy noise in the background does not contribute positively to the game. All it does is to add to the sterotypical image that darts is nothing but a game played by drunken overweight people in a pub.
    Darts is a game of skill, concentration and controling your emotions when standing at the oche. Listening to a drunken rowdy crowd of supporters shouting at the players which might be good for tv viewing figures but does nothing for the game.

Without the tv darts would be nothing today . would you honestly watch 2 players playing darts in front of sober fans politely applauding every 100 scored. Or 5000 screaming fans at a premier league game which has a bigger prize than the world championship. And why because they can attract crowds of 5000 screaming fans who go just as much for the atmosphere and the fun. Darts is a game where most pros earn a good living and they earn that living from tv from crowds from sponsorship from exibitions. Its the tv viewing figures which has darts the way it is today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mardle180

The louder the noise the better i play personally, i didnt think there was a atmosphere in las vegas, bit dead to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Nice of wayne mardle to show up on boards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

I would say the pros just want total quietness when throwing.
    In our league darts sometimes its better when its loud because you dont notice the bustling.When its quiet you can hear a pin drop or someone jingling change in their pocket.:D
    The monday league is usually quiet against the top teams.
    When I played tuesday it was nearly loud at every game.

Advertisement