Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Legends of Darts Where are they Now

Options
  • 04-07-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Was looking at the World Darts Tv channel and got the Idea for a thread , Jocky wilson was playing Peter Envison and i was wondering was happened to the Scot - Gooogled it and came across this

Read this - it shows how the mighty have fallen and how the world of darts has changed

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/jan/14/sport.news

Think of the great players who have disappeared - Dave Whitcombe - Cliff Lazernko Magnus Caris Mike Gregory to name a few

Any past favourites add them on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Brilliant idea for a thread OB!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I was looking this up and sadly a few of these legends have passed away, Alan Evans died in 1999 and Leighton Rees died in 2003. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

bill leonard is another great dart player who has gone. he was the captain of england and lived near where i used to live in bury,lancashire,i was given my my first tungstone darts by him ,i was lucky to have played againt both the welsh lads alan evens [world champ] and leighton rees,i was still in touch with leighton untill just before his death,all three were a joy to meet,and did a lot of work for charity .RIP lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

objj52 wrote: »
    Cliff Lazernko

Big Cliff was at the Irvinstown darts tournment 2 years ago, I was boozing with him in the hotel at 6am!!! really nice fella real Londoner some great storys at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

Carrickman wrote: »
    Big Cliff was at the Irvinstown darts tournment 2 years ago, I was boozing with him in the hotel at 6am!!! really nice fella real Londoner some great storys at him!

Erm, Cliff is from Hampshire :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Think of the great players who have disappeared - Dave Whitcombe - Cliff Lazernko Magnus Caris Mike Gregory to name a few

I know Dave Whitcombe and Mike Gregory are still playing

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

Antoine56 wrote: »
    I know Dave Whitcombe and Mike Gregory are still playing
    Indeed they are was looking up the Bet fred league of Legends and whitcombe is in it aparently gregory is just playing county darts - suppose once he is enjoying it

Bob Sinnave and wayne weening Kevin kenny and a few others came to my mind

Well he was telling storys about his times about London I just asumed he was from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

no disrespct mate but who are you. ya seem to know everyone in darts do we or should we know you, ie cliff, leighton dave and even dennis ovens is your mate? as i said no disrespect just curious?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Was looking at the World Darts Tv channel and got the Idea for a thread , Jocky wilson was playing Peter Envison and i was wondering was happened to the Scot - Gooogled it and came across this

Read this - it shows how the mighty have fallen and how the world of darts has changed

sad. I remember watching him as a child. Could never see the darts between his big fingers. Drink always seemed to take over him. I still have vivid memories of his post match interviews. He was unable to string two words together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

most of whats written there is in sid waddell books. i still love watching Jocky on youtube, shame it went down hill. the greastest always fall the farthest

wayne76 wrote: »
    no disrespct mate but who are you. ya seem to know everyone in darts do we or should we know you, ie cliff, leighton dave and even dennis ovens is your mate? as i said no disrespect just curious?:confused:

I've been around the dart scene in London and surrouding counties for a good while and just know a good few of the players. I don't claim to know everyone in darts as you put it, nor would I want to. I'm probably a lot older than you and happen to know a lot of the original professional players through county darts etc.

Carrickman wrote: »
    Well he was telling storys about his times about London I just asumed he was from there.

He did play county for London for a while and played a lot of his darts there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

He did play county for London for a while and played a lot of his darts there

I think your attitude came across a bit wrong with the ":rolleyes::rolleyes:"

Doesn't really matter where he's frm in this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Well since i finished my darts career i have opened a number of hotels around europe.

My next investment will be to buy the PDC and fire Phil Taylor.

Thats where i am now.

Degag wrote: »
    I think your attitude came across a bit wrong with the ":rolleyes::rolleyes:"

Doesn't really matter where he's frm in this discussion.

My apologies, I didn't mean to come across that way,

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

Bob Sinnave and wayne weening Kevin kenny and a few others came to my mind[/quote]

Gentlemen
    This unlike the link about jockey wilson shows how ****ed up this world is and it shows you never know the freek you could be playing

Wayne weening was a gent in the public eye and a good darts player this shows a differnt picture

http://sg.video.yahoo.com/watch/5186340/13710293[

that's shocking stuff alright:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i am very supprised that i am the first to mention the likes of john lowe and jocky wilson, both great players in their time

Advertisement