Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP.......Passport trouble

Options
  • 27-06-2009 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys im new to this and really need some advice. Im traveling to spain on tuesdaya noticed that my passport was covered in fake tan. I went up to the passport office on wednesday to apply for a new one and they told me to come back and collect it on monday. The thing is I got a phone call from them today and they left a voice mail telling me to ring them first thing on monday morning. Im so stressed now worrying what this means and if i will have a passport to travel on tuesday....Please help any advice is appreciated...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They can do one in a couple of hours if need be. Don't worry. Ring them first thing on Monday. It may be something small is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 baller

thanks for your quick responce.... when i was there i had to get my photos taken again but they werent signed by a guard only the first batch and my signature went outside of the white box. Im wondering if it could be that but am worried it could be somethin worse where they wont b able to give e a new passport and therfore wont be able to go on holiday :( i cant stop thinking about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't worry. If you went in at 5 o'clock Monday evening with the right amount of money they could do you one.
    You'll have your passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

About fifteen years ago I booked a 'last-minute' holiday and couldn't locate my passport two days before I was due to leave. I had to start from scratch - get birth cert, Garda verification, etc. - the day before I left and I still had my passport. So don't worry, you might have a little running around to do but you'll get the passport all right.

unless i was drunk and did somethin and theres a warrant out for my arrest :)joke! ah i know im stupid to worry but nothing goes to plan for me :) think i bring it on myself tho... :)ha Thank you

• Advertisement

thanks powerhouse...i dont mind the running around and stuff once i got one, im just worried(over thinking it) that its something more serious and htey cant issue me one :(

Advertisement