Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What stance/dominant eye

Options
  • 24-06-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Howya lads just a question for yous, I'm right eye dominant so what stance do you think would be better suited for me??Toe pointing towards the board or else foot sideways to the board(along the oche if ya get me:D)

Just that i seem to be more consistent when ive my toe pointing towards the board as i can then then draw my arm back towards my right eye to get better aim/follow through if ya get me:confused:

But on the flip side when i have my foot sideways to the board i feel more comfortable and its more natural to me:confused:

Any tips?
    Thanks

And also whats your dominant eye and what stance do u take??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

The only tip could give on this is go with whatever works for you mate.
    I had the same situation a few years back , i was more accurate with the foot along the oche but it felt uncomfortable so i went back to toe straight on but now i place my foot at 45 degrees to the oche and it works for me.

Just persevere with one style and practice hard bud.

I am right eye dominant and stand with my foot at 45 Degrees to the oche , never lift my back foot and let the arm to all the work

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

i stand wit my toe to the oche tried it side on doesnt work for me right eye dominant eye i tend to lean forward wen throwing and consentrate on the 20s not the treble 20 hit big 20s first then the trebles will come eric bristow said wen he threw darts in practice that were ever the first dart landed he would try land the other 2 beside it even if it was 3 ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Daffy501 wrote: »
    The only tip could give on this is go with whatever works for you mate.
    I had the same situation a few years back , i was more accurate with the foot along the oche but it felt uncomfortable so i went back to toe straight on but now i place my foot at 45 degrees to the oche and it works for me.

Just persevere with one style and practice hard bud.

I am right eye dominant and stand with my foot at 45 Degrees to the oche , never lift my back foot and let the arm to all the work

Thanks for that pal ill take what you said on board, and im like that myself never lift my back foot off the ground either i feel it gives me a steadier stance

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Stand with my feet completely parallel to the board, right foot flat on the oche left foot 8 inches straight behind it, both feet have to be in a straight line to the target. I than tuck in my shoulder so my right eye, elbow and dart are all in a straight line to the target. I have to move along the oche to change targets, I've often moved my feet just an inch right just to line up the the T18, foot length from T20 for for D6 or D10 etc...

Was incredibly awkward at first and felt almost robot like but its natural to me now. Even the moving, I know exactly where to position myself for every single shot lol.

Advertisement