Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amsterdam hotels

Options
  • 22-06-2009 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya folks.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a nice hotel in Amsterdam?

I need a double for two night in October. Comfortable hotel or nice guesthouse. Its a surprise for the wife as we are attending a concert in the Heineken music hall. Is that fairly easy to get to?

Any ideas greatfully received.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Tails142

Amrath Hotel is great, less than 5 minute stroll to the touristy area, another couple of minutes, i.e. less than 10 mins and you're at the dam monument, its just opposite the train station if that makes sense to you.

Its a really nice hotel, stayed their last year and the rooms are fantastic. BEST OF ALL is that you get a fridge in the rooms stocked with beers, spirits and wine , soft drinks, oj etc (some would call it a mini bar :pac: ) and they restock it each day for free, yeah that's right, for free!

When I go back to amsterdam I'm defintly going to return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just did a google on it and found it coming in at 150 euro per person per night. Thats 600 for two nights. Holy cow !

Found an interesting guest house on tripadvisor called the Flying Pancake.

Sounds mad, but looks really nice.

Waiting for an answer from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

http://www.hotelamsterdam.nl/

good spot here.........right next to dam square,stayed there last august and it was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

i think its called the jolly hotel or something like that comfortable and affordable ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

This is a grand place, very near the central train station

http://www.francehotelamsterdam.com/

And for getting to the Heineken hall, the train goes from aforementioned station. When asking the staff in the station, many of them didn't know what we were talking about when we mentioned the Heineken hall, but it's actually the same stop as the Ajax stadium so that might help you find your way.

Enjoy the concert, it's a great venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I stayed in the Nova Hotel last year. It's pretty central (a few steps from Dam Square), decent rooms and a great breakfast. Cost us €65 a night for two people in December through booking.com.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

stayed here last year http://www.embhotels.nl/bellevue/

really really central.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

Stayed at the nh dOELEEN, good location, very central to all of amsterdam. From mem i think it was around €100 per night for double room, but they have all different types of rooms. Think the norm is €120 per night, rooms are nice and the staff are great, they upgraded us and all!! Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deeper

I stayed in the Radisson SAS. Very nice hotel, not too expensive. It was Sept last year.
    I got it as a suprise for my Bday. Very central. Walked everywhere. Got taxi from train station tho as wasnt sure how far we would be. Link Below.

http://www.radissonsas.com/cs/Satellite?pagename=RadissonSAS/integration/hotelInfo&hotelCode=amszh&language=en&backURI=/reservation/rateSearch.do&origin=Rates%20And%20Availability

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Hiya folks.

I need a double for two night in October. Comfortable hotel or nice guesthouse. Its a surprise for the wife as we are attending a concert in the Heineken music hall. Is that fairly easy to get to?

Thanks in Advance.

From Central Station Metro line 54 will take you there in about 15 minutes, if you get off at Bijlmer Arena station it's less than 5 minutes walk from there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Took the plunge and booked - get this - The Flying Pancake ! Do a google. Looks interesting as a nice surprise for the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

That's a nice area, quiet and pretty but also close to the centre and all the major attractions (both cultural and non-cultural). Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marknoonan1974

Hiya folks.

Thanks in Advance.

Are you going to see The Pixies?

Advertisement