Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barney exhibition brackencourt

Options
  • 19-06-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

im down at the barney exhibition in the brackencourt in balbriggan. Good craic. Barney and jacko playing guys throughout the night. Barneys been beaton twice already in 6 games. Only one 180 so far.

Bitta craic. Jacko is up playing his first session now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Hows barneys form mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

no great. First 6 each over. Jacko throwing the better of the 2. Jacko had back to back 180s in a great leg of 701 when his opponent went 180 140.

Dylan the youth from the club just played barney. Dylan opened ton then 60. Barney opened 180 140. Dylan got a 180 a few darts later but barney won the leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

no great. First 6 each over. Jacko throwing the better of the 2. Jacko had back to back 180s in a great leg of 701 when his opponent went 180 140.

Dylan the youth from the club just played barney. Dylan opened ton then 60. Barney opened 180 140. Dylan got a 180 a few darts later but barney won the leg.

Sounds like a great night keep us updated, enjoy mate:cool:

heh i can see iseethelight chatting the ear off ed de veer genius. Barney up for his final session against some of the dublin team. Anto 'the kid' caldwell up first

jacko v barney was a good leg. Barney took out 160 to beat jacko after jacko hit a 180. Good stuff

Bad points, it looked like a lot of terrible throwers paid the money to play. Hard to watch at times.

Barney seemed a lot about the money. Didnt mingle. Stayed in a side room where u cud get a professional picture for 20 euro. Wasnt that chatty. Didnt play particularly well and didnt even do exhibition stuff. Just played 701 vs 701 with whoever came and he just played treble 20 the whole way down. Nothing fancy or arrogant or fun. Kind of a let down

I did enjoy jacko he played very well in his games and hit plenty of 180's. When barney got beat by anyone it was great. One beat him hitting the bull first dart. Then he lost the next leg to another guy who hit D19 first dart.

Some nice pictures were auctioned. A chance to play barney was raffles. The tickets bought before and after me were pulled but neither were in the room. I was disgusted at being so close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

heh i can see iseethelight chatting the ear off ed de veer genius. Barney up for his final session against some of the dublin team. Anto 'the kid' caldwell up first

Chatting the ear of ed. I think not was just being polite. They really like Ireland people buy lots of stuff, get the pictures 'its really a gud place ya'.

Can't believe I was spied on and had my movements reported live:eek::D- boards is 1984.

Why didnt you at least come over and say hello?

i only spied u late on and i was seated in a sea of chairs where it was more hassle to try get out than it was worth. I even held my pee till i was leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Just out of interest, how much was it to play Jacko?

100 raised for charity to play jacko

200 raised to play barney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

i only spied u late on and i was seated in a sea of chairs where it was more hassle to try get out than it was worth. I even held my pee till i was leaving.

Ah thats all right so. Have to say if anyones thinking of going to see Barney I wouldn't recommend him at all. As Dion said he played every game the same, didn't do anything special and didn't mingle at all. Plus he has all the charisma of a potato. In fact I think I've eaten more interesting potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Ah thats all right so. Have to say if anyones thinking of going to see Barney I wouldn't recommend him at all. As Dion said he played every game the same, didn't do anything special and didn't mingle at all. Plus he has all the charisma of a potato. In fact I think I've eaten more interesting potatoes.
    yep had the same experience in tramore in april was up to play next and he went on a break for about an hour:mad: his darts were super though 132-bull d16 bull some great finishes but too much of a diva security walked him to and from the stage

He didnt even try play exhibition darts though which is what annoyed me, he's a 5 time world champions and threw to win all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Was at Barney last night in Portlaoise and marked all the games. Nobody even got to a double against him with it being 701 v 701.

He did do some exhibition stuff but very little, did the only score the bull finish on double 13, threw left handed against a woman for a few visits, but other than that it was all straight forward darts.

I did see him give one opponent advice on counting at one stage, and he seemed in fairly good form, but have to say it was probably the least entertaining exhibition I've been at. Very impressive from a darts point of view, but not that many 180's considering the amount of legs he played.

Glad I met him and played him, but I'd take Lewis or Jenkins over him any day for an exhibition

Advertisement