Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Masters Darts

Options
  • 18-06-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

In Association with
    LYNCH'S WEST COUNTY HOTEL,
    ENNIS.Co.CLARE

THE IRISH MASTERS

August 22nd & 23rd
    Saturday 22nd
    MENS AND LADIES PAIRS
    Check In @ 4:30pm,First darts @ 6:00pm
    INDO Half Ranked
    20euro per double

Sunday 23rd
    Mens, Ladies & Youths Singles
    @12 noon sharp
    Entries before 9:30pm saturday(9th) night
    Entry-Men 20euro,Ladies 15euro,Youths 10euro

THIS IS A QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT FOR
    THE WINMAU WORLD MASTERS

8 PLACES AVAILABLE
    Enquiries to Brian @ 086-3597007

I found this on a Uk darts forum:eek:

I'd say a few of you lads would have a chance of winning this!:D I might go for the laugh even though it's on the other side of country!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Sounds good, i might head to this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Sounds good, i might head to this one

That will be two of us boards superstars at The Winmau World Masters!!;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

What forum was that on?

What forum was that on?

dartsforum.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

I'll be there

• Advertisement

It's on the same day as this

August 23rd., 2009.

Irish Matchplay Championship at the Green Isle Hotel, Dublin

Still think i'll go to the master's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Why do they put two big tournaments on the same weekend when they know they are going to clash?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Cause the INDO hate the pdc and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

The INDO are are shower of clowns who are stuck in the dark ages with the same click running them for years!

• Advertisement

Well its likely to be €30 ish for the Match Play and €20 for the Masters

Masters gets you into the Winmau and Matchplay gets you into the PDC World Championship and has PDC players playing in it (PDPA Members)

i imagine my chances are better in the Masters one is in Clare, the Matchplay may be in Kilkenny again

Pretty much need to decide where i think travel and cost and chance of doing well bodes

If im not mistaken theres 8 places for the masters as opposed to one at the pdc one.

As far as I've heard Carrickman is correct in that the indo are clowns, heard there was only 28 men the ranking competition in Mohill (not sure about Cork).
    Still the standard will be high and you'd wanna average over 85 on the day to make the last 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

padr81 wrote: »
    If im not mistaken theres 8 places for the masters as opposed to one at the pdc one.

As far as I've heard Carrickman is correct in that the indo are clowns, heard there was only 28 men the ranking competition in Mohill (not sure about Cork).
    Still the standard will be high and you'd wanna average over 85 on the day to make the last 8.
    will the pros be at the masters mate:)

Its a B.D.O EVENT mate and the only pro that will be there is me yeah baby

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Oops, a little bit of research would have revealed that this is on the 4th and 5th of September.

AndyP wrote: »
    Oops, a little bit of research would have revealed that this is on the 4th and 5th of September.

World Masters at Bridlington takes place on 4th-6th September

I.C.U wrote: »
    will the pros be at the masters mate:)

Probably a couple of the ireland team dunno if they are pro, but no wolfie and his co won't be there, they're 75 averages won't be enough to pass the first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

padr81 wrote: »
    Probably a couple of the ireland team dunno if they are pro, but no wolfie and his co won't be there, they're 75 averages won't be enough to pass the first round.

Bit harsh on the BDO players there aren't ya:confused: Why all the BDO hatred? These are good players and from whats happening with all them goin to the PDC and competing week in/out it just shows that there aint much difference in either circuit. Take the top 4 PDC players away from them and all you have is a BDO quality tournament. By the way not goin down;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Yes indeed it took great brainwork by the INDO to first schedule the Masters to clash with their peers the BDO in Bridlington and then in a state of panic rescheduled it ... again without thinking obviously ... to clash with the ''Tom Kirby'' at the Green Isle.
    Worse still when they realised the had made another Boo Boo and could not admit to the hotel that they again wanted to change the dates, they asked the gentlemen running the ''Tom'' to reschedule theirs. Of course they declined as they had made sure when they set up the ''Tom'' that the date was vacant.
    Incidentally the winner of the ''Tom'' is recognised by the PDC and goes straight into the World Champs Prelim round on Sky TV with £1,000 in expenses plus a minimum of £2,500 even if losing in the first game.
    Taking the INDO route just gets the players to the qualifying rounds at their own expense where many games have to be won to get near the money.

Incidentally the winner of the ''Tom'' is recognised by the PDC and goes straight into the World Champs Prelim round on Sky TV with £1,000 in expenses plus a minimum of £2,500 even if losing in the first game.
    Taking the INDO route just gets the players to the qualifying rounds at their own expense where many games have to be won to get near the money.

Qualifying players qualify for two different competitions altogether here. The Irish Masters qualifiers get to the Winmau World Masters in Bridlington on 4-6 September, not the qualifying rounds. So taking the INDO route as you put it is irrelevant to the PDC World Championship.

• Advertisement

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Bit harsh on the BDO players there aren't ya:confused: Why all the BDO hatred? These are good players and from whats happening with all them goin to the PDC and competing week in/out it just shows that there aint much difference in either circuit. Take the top 4 PDC players away from them and all you have is a BDO quality tournament. By the way not goin down;)

sorry didn't see this till now sorry, I was just joking mate, i usually defend the standard of bdo players while just criticising the organisation. the average at both orgs are very simular in all competition bar the semi's and finals which are skewed toward the pdc cause Taylor is a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

In response to C-BOY .. 8 players are ''invited'' to the Masters but while they may in the World Masters field they will come in ''at their own expense'' at the prelim stage and will have to win many rounds before getting a sniff of the prize money. The difference is in winning the Tom Kirby Matchplay Champs is automatically guaranteed to be on Sky Telly and at least £3,500. However the PDC are far from being without sin as they only offer the one spot for the Palladium.
    Neither the BDO nor the PDC offer the top ranked players from Ireland in their respective codes an automatic place at their Champs. Yet they offer places to other countries top dogs without as much as a sniffle.
    This is especially true of the PDC where ''Top Guns'' from well know darts havens like Barbados, South Africa, Japan etc get straight on Sky at the Pally. Worse of all is that only Uk and Eire actually pay for Sky TV yet our players must play off for the privilege. This is down to turning the running of the PDC over to Barry Hearne and Co.
    Many players travelling the circuit in Ireland play in tournaments where INDO and PDC regularly meet and are great buddies, thus it is a pity that a clash of dates mean they will not get the chance to try to qualify for both. Admittedly if they are successful they will then have to choose and of course sign the paperwork commiting themselves to which ever Body they qualify for as both are ruthless on insisting on this.
    I guess having travelled up and down Ireland playing darts since the 70's the fairest system I've ever seen is the current Irish Players Champs which is open to all and where both codes meet along with some of the top players from N-Irl. Being run over several rounds over many months the cream usually rises to the top. It is then such a pity that neither the BDO or PDC recognise its status though as I would put my money on the winner of the annual Grand Final of this any day against one of the automatic ''overseas'' players that we see on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

me and S.T.D ste are heading down to the irish masters, have the hotel booked and are going into the doubles together aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Double Top wrote: »
    me and S.T.D ste are heading down to the irish masters, have the hotel booked and are going into the doubles together aswell

Best of luck to ye lads

As Daffy said best of luck!;)

cheers lads, you'll be seeing us on tele very soon:P:P

cheers lads, you'll be seeing us on tele very soon:P:P

Would not be surprised!;) Go on the boards darts!:D

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Would not be surprised!;) Go on the boards darts!:D

i'm thinking of getting boards.ie printed on my darts shirt
    (might get a bit of money out of it;):D:D)

i'm thinking of getting boards.ie printed on my darts shirt
    (might get a bit of money out of it;):D:D)

Contact the admins!:D You never know!;):D

• Advertisement

if this is the 4th -6th you wont be at the boards tourney so??

Advertisement