Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Boards Day Out

Options
  • 17-06-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Had a great laugh on Saturday apart from the start where I was running around like a headless chicken trying to organise everything!:D The feedback has been great from you lads and I was told we are more than welcome back down the Club but I'll leave it to you lads to change venue if yous like! Some cracking darts on Saturday by all!:D We should try stage one in the next month or two. Opinions please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Yeah go for it man round the end of july I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i'm up for it, anytime anywere. have to break the deadlock between me and Daffy, were 1-1 at the moment:D:D:D. thought the fishermans club was a brilluant set-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    i'm up for it, anytime anywere. have to break the deadlock between me and Daffy, were 1-1 at the moment:D:D:D. thought the fishermans club was a brilluant set-up

That would be really interesting again, D.T versus Daffy501, it should be on Sky Box Office next time.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

Lads suppose dundalk is to far to travel for alot of you lads , whats the opinion cos i know a couple of pubs would be good darts pubs but it has kinda died off in the town - a few lads trying to resurrect it

Feedback lads

objj52 wrote: »
    Lads suppose dundalk is to far to travel for alot of you lads , whats the opinion cos i know a couple of pubs would be good darts pubs but it has kinda died off in the town - a few lads trying to resurrect it

Feedback lads

I don't mind as I would get the train straight up there, great town by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I'll go whereever, if it was closer all the better for my petrol tank

if they was a place in town that was pretty central that would be massively good for everyone, mostly easy return home for all.

GAA clubs sometimes have boards, worth checking, anywhere you see holding tournaments might have those metal frames with boards which seem to be everywhere for tourneys these days

if so you could have 3 or 4 boards up and keep things flowing and even have a practice board

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Anything along the dart line would be perfect.

I just figured out why they call it the 'dart'. :p

Actually, anything easily accessible via a bus route is fine with me as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Feedback lads

Was actually going to suggest this too but i figured it would be too far for lads to travel and therefore the attendance numbers would suffer.

We could easily get a suitable venue and i could lay my hands on 5 freestanding boards !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Dundalk is a bit of a trek for me lads:(:(

Is there any good dart spots in around the city centre area

:confused:

I think we should try city center. Now all we have to do is find a pub that can sort us. I think I saw something about Fairview on this forum before?

• Advertisement

I think we should try city center. Now all we have to do is find a pub that can sort us. I think I saw something about Fairview on this forum before?

http://www.fairview-marino.com/players-lounge

Thought i would bump this up a bit and see if anyone has any more thought on it :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

City Centre would be the best bet I reckon, it's about middle for most people.

ye that seems to be agreeable with most so it only leaves a venue and date to be decided

The Players Lounge is only a six or seven minute walk from the Clontarf Dart Station.

My only concern with the Players Lounge would be if something was going on a Croke Park.

I don't care if we stage it in a garden shed once we have it soon and there is beer there!

The Players Lounge is only a six or seven minute walk from the Clontarf Dart Station.

My only concern with the Players Lounge would be if something was going on a Croke Park.

I was looking at the link you posted about the players lounge and i think it says there is live music on Friday and Saturday nights , so seeing as we would want to have the day out on a weekend looks like we couldnt play there!!
    What do you think yourself Rented?? You would know better than me so :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

You won't get the players lounge on a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Yeah im pretty sure you wont get one

they best places to look for are GAA clubs if we can get freestanding boards we could have 4 or so boards going and run loads of little events and it wouldnt take as long

I'd like to travel up to Dundalk for a weekend but it seems it would not be a suitable venue for everyone. The City centre seems a bit tough to get a tournament going so I'll suggest the Fishing Club again as we're more than welcome back and it will be better organised next time!:D

• Advertisement

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I'd like to travel up to Dundalk for a weekend but it seems it would not be a suitable venue for everyone. The City centre seems a bit tough to get a tournament going so I'll suggest the Fishing Club again as we're more than welcome back and it will be better organised next time!:D

Rat Nice to here this but i was looking through the forum and came across a thread - "Spawell Templeogue Tallaght for Darts so it may be worth approaching them - sorry dont know how to insert link

It would be just out side city centre but is close to the motorway for the lads with a designated driver

Another option is ask one of the publicans involved with the Dun Laoghaire Borough Leauge if they are interested

Just suggestions from a Culchie

Surely someone could start the ball by approaching the owners of the Spawell or a publican

Cheers OB

Rat Nice to here this but i was looking through the forum and came across a thread - "Spawell Templeogue Tallaght for Darts so it may be worth approaching them - sorry dont know how to insert link

It would be just out side city centre but is close to the motorway for the lads with a designated driver

Another option is ask one of the publicans involved with the Dun Laoghaire Borough Leauge if they are interested

Just suggestions from a Culchie

Surely someone could start the ball by approaching the owners of the Spawell or a publican

Cheers OB

Well said OB, Tallaght is awkward for me as it's not on the Dart line and I'd have to either get 2 buses or a bus then the dart and then the Luas which would be quite annoying!:(

I used to work out near there and it is a pain in the arse to get out there!

Well lads

Plenty of Darts Pubs in Balbriggan - and its on the train line i suppose if "I see the light" knew anyone we could try that or maybe the man of war which was the venue for the secret training session before the last day out - its just outside balbriggan it probably would need one free standing board at least but if they were approached - Great beer garden there and they do food so its just another idea

Any other thoughts lads

Cheers OB

Well lads

Plenty of Darts Pubs in Balbriggan - and its on the train line i suppose if "I see the light" knew anyone we could try that or maybe the man of war which was the venue for the secret training session before the last day out - its just outside balbriggan it probably would need one free standing board at least but if they were approached - Great beer garden there and they do food so its just another idea

Any other thoughts lads

That sounds good OB, I'd be up for that! The sooner the better we get this going.

Cheers OB once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

alrite lads,joe in the tassie has said he'd put on a competition anytime you's want.i just thought with the last one in bray you's might want it nearer town.theres 8 boards available in the tassie.its up to yourselfs.

DFD wrote: »
    alrite lads,joe in the tassie has said he'd put on a competition anytime you's want.i just thought with the last one in bray you's might want it nearer town.theres 8 boards available in the tassie.its up to yourselfs.

Sounds good to me DFD, it would be a perfect venue.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i wouldn't care if the next one is on the moon, had a great time at the last one and can't wait till the next one, if we can't find a venue you's can all come to my house:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DFD wrote: »

The ball has started rolling, the practice begins now - just looking at the thread plenty of competitions coming up so date went lads arent travelling to the green isle or ennis is prefered obviously to be honest not sure of the dates for those

Silver Tassie - if it has eight boards sounds good - still thinking about somewhere on the northside or city centre but if we have a venue willing and we can all agree , it gives more time to hunt round balbriggian or city centre

Saturday on the August bank Holiday weekend would be a day me thinks

Again just the thought of the OB1 -- May the Darts be with You

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

there is a gaa club in ringsend/irishtown, clanna gael. there is a function room upstairs with a dart board and room for plenty more, i'd say you'd have no problem getting that on a saturday....

• Advertisement

Well lads

Any other thoughts lads

Cheers OB

Howdy lads
    haven't been around a while. I guess Balbriggan is possible but would people travel? I can have a look into it but most pubs only have 1 board unless I can sort something out upstairs in the milestone but would need good numbers to get them to open that.
    I'm out playing tomorrow night I'll ask the lads what they think.
    As an aside how bout swords? Does Dionsisiere have contacts there?

Advertisement