Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion.

Options
  • 17-06-2009 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭

Maybe this is just me but recently i feel that the forum has become kinda clogged up with threads about local leagues etc.... I wonder is there scope to create a new sub forum for this type of discussion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Degag wrote: »
    Maybe this is just me but recently i feel that the forum has become kinda clogged up with threads about local leagues etc.... I wonder is there scope to create a new sub forum for this type of discussion?

Not a bad idea at all, KingP would be the man to put this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I think its a bad idea.......there is 5 threads max for leagues........cant see the prob really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Why are there so many threads for the boro league?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭Degag

MBC wrote: »
    I think its a bad idea.......there is 5 threads max for leagues........cant see the prob really.

Yeah, perhaps it would become dead very quickly. Don't know about some of the rest of ye but it was just slightly annoying having so many threads on the top of the forum that i have no vested interest or knowledge about.... but i guess we're too small a community to start deviding:)

Why are there so many threads for the boro league?

A majority of posters either play or will be playing in it next season or have a general interest in the borough league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

I've logged in here a few times lately and spotted nothing but borough league threads at the top, when they are the active threads then it does sort of put off the rest of us non dublin players from posting here

My vote is for a sub forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I think the reason that there are so many Borough threads/posters is because they are the ones who were really keeping this forum alive for quite a long time. They have helped grow this forum into what it has become.

That being said, if there are enough people to keep a sub-forum up and running, then I say 'go for it'.

I would love to hear what is going on around the country.

Perhaps all threads about exhibitions could be put in there aswell and keep the main thread for Pro Tournies and general talk about Darts aswell as our own online League?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Perhaps all threads about exhibitions could be put in there aswell and keep the main thread for Pro Tournies and general talk about Darts aswell as our own online League?
    surely it's informative for people to advertise or read about exhibitions on here? and the threads about pro tournaments are all very active when they're on, i agree about the borough league one's ok although i play in it, it used to be a fav of mine but turned into a bit of a joke really, it just needs to keep the threads their interested in refreshed and on the front page

Well if the sub forum was just titled local leagues, then you can have all the borough chat ya want as well as the rest of us posting about other leagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Well if the sub forum was just titled local leagues, then you can have all the borough chat ya want as well as the rest of us posting about other leagues
    true mate no harm trying it:)

Well I'd like to hear about other leagues, and maybe posting about my own one might encourage more Laois players to come on here

Honestly, nothing against Borough league, just a chat I can't get involved in, which is about 5/6 threads now!!

wayne76 wrote: »
    surely it's informative for people to advertise or read about exhibitions on here?

Of course it is but the amount of them becomes annoying at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

I've logged in here a few times lately and spotted nothing but borough league threads at the top, when they are the active threads then it does sort of put off the rest of us non dublin players from posting here

My vote is for a sub forum

Same here, I vote for a sub forum as well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads there should only be 2 threads for the borough league, one for tables/results and one for general discussion. I don't really see how this could be clogging up the forum. It's a bit like the soccer forum and all there team threads, if you're not interested in it then don't read it.

To be honest the only thing that I can do is suggest it to the admins of the site but they will see that there is only 2 or threads so there is no real point for it. The Borough season is nearly over now anyway as far as I know so those threads will die away until the season kicks off again.

I'm not saying a sub-forum is a bad idea, I will definitely suggest it to the admins if more threads from different leagues start to spring up and there is a proper need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Of course it is but the amount of them becomes annoying at times.

sorry mate but i don't understand that post at all.it annoys you that theres so many exhibitions!!!!i'm sorry if your not interested in what players are coming over here to do exhibitions but i'm sure theres plenty of other people who are.how else are we supposed to let them know there on.
    i don't know what all the fuss is about the boro league threads,if you don't like the thread title,don't read the posts in the thread,simple.as kingp35 says theres only 2,results thread and discussion thread.whats the problem.do you play in a league if so why don't you start a thread about that league,personally i wouldn't mind reading about it.i think it would be better if there was more threads about different leagues around the country,be interesting to compare whats going on in the leagues.right,my little rant over,i think,we'll see.

Well said DFD. I personally also read every thread there is even if it does not concern me at I just love me darts. There are times when the borough threads are the only ones active as sometimes we just have nothing to say on other threads. I don't actually think the borough discussion thread will be too quiet over the summer as players will be joining and moving from teams. The more threads the better on the darts forum! Don't really think there is need for a sub forum.

Relax! I think that you took what i said too literally! I have no problem with people having as many threads about leagues and exhibitions as possible. Its excellent to see so much discussion and new posters on this forum. All i was saying was it may be no harm to put them in a different place. It would still be the darts forum in every shape and form.

It was just a suggestion, i'm sure KingP35 would welcome all suggestions from people if they were trying to make the forum better. Thats it i was trying to do, whether i be right or wrong.:D

Relax! I think that you took what i said too literally! I have no problem with people having as many threads about leagues and exhibitions as possible. Its excellent to see so much discussion and new posters on this forum. All i was saying was it may be no harm to put them in a different place. It would still be the darts forum in every shape and form.

It was just a suggestion, i'm sure KingP35 would welcome all suggestions from people if they were trying to make the forum better. Thats it i was trying to do, whether i be right or wrong.:D

Sorry Degag if I sounded infuriated, maybe it would be a good idea to separate the two but a lot of us lads would switch over sub forums all the time to see who is online and to check what's going on and it might be a bit irritating to be doing that all the time. Might be only my thoughts though as I'm quite lazy!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I understand your point , Degag . At times lately the only active threads have been the Dun Laoghaire league threads and other events based in south county Dublin . You cant blame the lads who are posting for that though . The lads posting on those threads are probably < 90% of the active darts community in this forum and I've no doubt they'd be delighted to see the same kind of threads emerging for other leagues .

I have to agree with Kingp35 - it doesnt seem right to me to box off the most active threads into a sub-forum . If there were a few active league threads or local/regional tournaments going on with the associated banter ( I enjoy reading the aforementioned threads for the lolz even though I'm far removed from the locale) it might make sense to give each area/league a wee place of it's own but for the time being it's easy enough to scroll past threads you know are not likely to be of interest to you . Maybe if we rallied the troops and got enough of our own lads to post here about our respective leagues/regions then sub-forums would be justified .

I think I'm one of three people in north Dublin with a dartboard and teh internet so I feel your pain , btw ;)

• Advertisement

Cool guys, its good that we get this level of feedback. It feels like that people care about the forum, as they should! From my point of view, maybe i'll try and take a more active role in these threads. I'm not involved in the Irish Scene much but perhaps by reading and posting in these threads i could!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Same here, I vote for a sub forum as well
    so why doesnt someone start a kerry forum a laois a louth forum then those of us in the borough league ones will know not to bother looking at these forums because they dont concern us and those of you not in the borough league can open up your local county darts and see can you get it as popular as the dun laoghaire one

paulcorr wrote: »
    so why doesnt someone start a kerry forum a laois a louth forum then those of us in the borough league ones will know not to bother looking at these forums because they dont concern us and those of you not in the borough league can open up your local county darts and see can you get it as popular as the dun laoghaire one

I'd like to think that any darts player would be welcome to post in any darts thread or sub-forum . If splitting into regional sub-forums were to bring about anything more than a friendly rivalry that would be a huge step backwards from where the forum is today .

I mostly lurk here but there's a great community buzz about the place with people from all corners of the nation (and beyond) joining in . Long may that continue !

nessyguin wrote: »
    I'd like to think that any darts player would be welcome to post in any darts thread or sub-forum . If splitting into regional sub-forums were to bring about anything more than a friendly rivalry that would be a huge step backwards from where the forum is today .

I mostly lurk here but there's a great community buzz about the place with people from all corners of the nation (and beyond) joining in . Long may that continue !
    I agree wit you but its not me you should be having ago at its the people who think theres to much from the borough league is that not the point its a forum for people to talk about darts thats what were doing if there was nothing said it would be a bit pointless

paulcorr wrote: »
    I agree wit you but its not me you should be having ago at its the people who think theres to much from the borough league is that not the point its a forum for people to talk about darts thats what were doing if there was nothing said it would be a bit pointless

Nobody has said there is too much input from the borough league ? Just that with the level of input and the number of threads some users think the borough should have it's own sub-forum . Having read this thread you'll know that I'm against that idea , as are others who dont play in that league . You'll also know that it has been recognised that you guys play a big part in the success of this forum .

If and when there is a Laois/Kerry/Donegal/Dun Laoghaire/Timbuktu subforum I'll enjoy reading them all . That is pretty much the point I was trying to make when quoting your post . My apologies if you think I was having a go - that wasnt my intention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

fair play nessy,

nessyguin wrote: »
    Nobody has said there is too much input from the borough league ? Just that with the level of input and the number of threads some users think the borough should have it's own sub-forum . Having read this thread you'll know that I'm against that idea , as are others who dont play in that league . You'll also know that it has been recognised that you guys play a big part in the success of this forum .

If and when there is a Laois/Kerry/Donegal/Dun Laoghaire/Timbuktu subforum I'll enjoy reading them all . That is pretty much the point I was trying to make when quoting your post . My apologies if you think I was having a go - that wasnt my intention :)
    no worries i read them all to my mrs goes mad because im on here all the time jesus if there were more i would be divorced :D:D:D:D

Advertisement