Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask the BGRH audience - Princess Grace or Summer Glau ?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭

OK - yore votes are required, to settle a matter of some discord.

Many right-minded, clear-thinking and far-seeing brothers such as Brother Gaspode and myself, are of the opinion that the late, great, Princess Grace Kelly is the most worthy Lady (and I stress the word Lady) outside of our own homes and immediate circle, worthy of worship.

grace-demotivational-poster-1236715195.jpg
    grace_kelly_intro.jpg
    grace_kelly.jpg

Younger and more foolish whippersnappers such as Brother Den may be of the opinion that Summer Glau (who ?) is fairer by far.

26212_summerglau_bf_001_122_898lo.jpg
    Now - you must decide.

Cast yore votes - and explain yore judgement.

Who is the fairest of them all ? 34 votes

The late, great Princess Grace. The epitome of understated elegance.
    0% 0 votes
    Summer Glau
    61% 21 votes
    Neither (please explain yoreself)
    32% 11 votes
    Apple Bandai Pippin
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'd vote for Grace (not my sister grace, but grace kelly :P)
    That second shot of her is stunning. There was just an air about them that just ooozed ladylike and sophistication.

SummerGlau is very pretty but has more of an odd look

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It has to be Ms Glau for me. Any woman who looks like that who could kick my head off deserves my respect and ooglage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

needs more audrey hepburn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

star-pants wrote: »
    I'd vote for Grace (not my sister grace, but grace kelly :P)
    That second shot of her is stunning. There was just an air about them that just ooozed ladylike and sophistication.

SummerGlau is very pretty but has more of an odd look

Please reflect yore opinion by clicking on the poll above. Vote early, and vote often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,979 ✭✭✭DenMan

Summer Glau all the way peeps. What a hottie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

needs more audrey hepburn Ingrid Bergman

FYP

Of the choices on offer, I would have to go with the Princess. Classy and hot, what right-minded guy could resist that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Has to be Summer Glau .
    Gracie was a well known slapper ,who shagged her way through hollywood with everyone in trousers(kilts,shorts,socks,hats,vests etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Grace wins that contest.

Glau would be good for the ride I think.

But the over all winner every time is Audrey Hepburn. She is the Queen of ture Beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I feel it might be worth mentioning in this context that Summer Glau used to be a ballerina.

Carry on.

Has to be Summer Glau .
    Gracie was a well known slapper ,who shagged her way through hollywood with everyone in trousers(kilts,shorts,socks,hats,vests etc).

Bullscheese.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Has to be Summer Glau .
    And this is somehow a bad thing?:D Defo Grace. Damn fine elegant looking woman with amazing bone structure.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

What an unfair contest. A sophisticated, elegant and beautiful woman versus a wee slip of a lass that's pretty at best.

The princess FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

In the absence of a Louise Brooks option on the poll I have to say Gracie wins hands down.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Has to be Summer Glau .

Yeah tis true, the observer reviewed a book on her on Sunday that kind of brushed it under the carpet. I'm too lazy to dig any deeper and find the stuff I've read before about her! She was a beautiful woman alright but not as saintly as they wanted us to think.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jun/14/high-society-grace-kelly-hollywood

Plus Summer Glau is simply awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Can't believe nobody mentioned Jane Seymour.

Princess Grace it is so.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Why is Grace being compared to Summer? Summers great and all but she's leagues below Grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Eh Grace ftw! Summer Glau (whoever the hell she is) has a weird face. I only like my weird faces to be Dita Von Teese shaped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I'm an elder brother and while Ms Grace is worthy of worship, let's face it, she's dead! Summer howeaver is still alive and therefore there is still a miniscule chance for me! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Summer has a good few years to catch up but...
    Grace found a prince back in the days when royalty were still big news.

It's like comparing a holiday home in the south of France with an extremely rich country in the south of France which has blackjack and hookers.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Eh Grace ftw! Summer Glau (whoever the hell she is) has a weird face. I only like my weird faces to be Dita Von Teese shaped.

janeybabe. You have been asked to leave the building. :D

*opens door*

Didn't you ever watch Firefly or Sarah Connor Chronicles. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

DenMan wrote: »

*opens door*

Didn't you ever watch Firefly or Terminator Salvation. :rolleyes:
    *Ahem* She wasn't in TS she was in the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and don't forget Serenity.:p

Quite right Ginny

For some reason I had Salvation in my mind, as I haven't seen the movie yet. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

*opens door*

Didn't you ever watch Firefly or Sarah Connor Chronicles. :rolleyes:
    Ginny wrote: »
    *Ahem* She wasn't in TS she was in the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and don't forget Serenity.:p
    Quite right Ginny

For some reason I had Salvation in my mind, as I haven't seen the movie yet. :)

Regardless of what she was in, she still FAILs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Gaspode wrote: »
    Regardless of what she was in, she still FAILs

Ah ... let's not be overzealous ... Summer Glau is a lovely lady in her own right.

She just can't hold a candle to Princess Grace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Grace all the way.

She is the epitome of class and sophistication.

Summer aint without her charms though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grace wins comfortably I reckon. One of the most gorgeous women to grace the world of cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

Grace wins comfortably I reckon. One of the most gorgeous women to grace the world of cinema.
    voted grace aswel, maybe a better picture of summer could have been found, there is something about the face in that!;)

and who ta fek voted neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sea08

I'm an elder brother and while Ms Grace is worthy of worship, let's face it, she's dead! Summer howeaver is still alive and therefore there is still a miniscule chance for me! ;)

Surely the fact she's dead can only improve your chances brother, a bit of necrophilia and all that. Although at this stage it may even be too late for an auld munting trip.

I'm gonna vote for Summer because she's losing and I like losers, I feel less pathetic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How can you compare the two? It's like comparing Led Zeppelin and... um... Kiss

Still a hard choice. I would say Grace Kelly buy Summer Glau somehow makes swallowing bugs seem sexy. It will be interesting to see how fit she is when she reaches her late 30s though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Brothers, this poll confuses and frustrates me, for how am I supposed to choose between both thee obviously fine wimmins without ever actually tasting their rasher sambos?

Advertisement