Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big drinking session tomorrow - Help

Options
  • 12-06-2009 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Guys I need your help, I've a big drinking session tomorrow starting in the afternoon, I've been away from the booze for a couple of months now and havent been getting much practice in, have you any recommendations on how to avoid a spew session.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Don't go drink for drink with people. Take it at your own pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you better get pissed as soon as possible, maybe after luch if you can, it'll build up your tolerance for tomorrow..

maybe start with a pint of baileys just to line the belly, you should be able to drink all night after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Try drinking bottles for the day,have a big meal before you head out and another half way through,if you feel yourself getting locked sip a pint of water

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Eat lots and dont mix your drinks.
    Stick to say,bottles of beer and drink them slowley..in actual fact your tolerance wont be harmed too much by giving up but take care with the pacing and variety of drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Hey just remember one thing and you'll be fine.........never ever drink and drive..........you might spill your drink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

yeah, take drinking advice from degsy

he gets fucking hammered off a pack of wine gums

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ass wrote: »
    yeah, take drinking advice from degsy

he gets fucking hammered off a pack of wine gums

They're Maynards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Wasnt as hard a session as I thought, had some milk thistle before I went out, drank mainly cider and bloody marys, more milk thistle when I got home and loads of water.. not much of a hang over at all except in the afternoon when my brain shut down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

milk thistle.....dear oh dear
    :rolleyes:

what kind of a man are you at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Wots "milk thistle":confused:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www2.vhi.ie/topic/topic13844
    Milk thistle seed extract contains a group of substances called silymarin that may help protect the liver. Human studies have found milk thistle seed extract beneficial in treating alcoholic liver disease, drug-induced liver disease, bile duct inflammation and chronic hepatitis. Among 170 patients with cirrhosis (chronic scarring of the liver, often caused by alcoholism), those who took milk thistle extract survived longer than those who took placebos (dummy pills). In another small study, it significantly improved symptoms of chronic hepatitis. However, more research is needed to verify these results. When injected, milk thistle extract has been used successfully to treat liver failure caused by amanita mushroom (Amanita phalloides) poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ahhh, another wonder drug from natures cornucopia thats up there with arnica and tea tree oil and willowbark. :)
    Fermented barley to damage the internals, milkthistle to stop it happening.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

icecold.jpg

"Worth waiting for, but I'm glad I had that milkthistle"

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TroyStavros

rustynutz wrote: »
    Try drinking bottles for the day,have a big meal before you head out and another half way through,if you feel yourself getting locked sip a pint of water

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

Alcohol free becks ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stokes wrote: »
    Alcohol free becks ftw

FTB. (For The Bin)

Advertisement