Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players Lounge - Singles League

Options
  • 11-06-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Also from Bobby:
    I am starting a Singles League -- same as the one I used to do in the Horse and Jockey-- on Wednesday 24th June.

It is run on a round robin basis throughout. There will be eight sections with top four players in each section quallifying for next stage(last 32).

The competition will then continue on a round robin basis until a winner emerges. It is a long format and involves a lot of games but is popular with the players.

I hope to have 8 sections of at least 8 players per section.

Regards Bobby
    file.php?id=24

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Carrickman wrote: »
    Also from Bobby:

file.php?id=24

My name in already - 4 of us from the club are going should be good darts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I just caught this.

With the wife and kids off to the States for two months, this is just the sort of thing I am looking for.

I may actually get some practice in before this one too !! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

A bump for this lads. It is going to be a very good competition with a good standard of darts.

A note for anyone playing, you will have to be there for 8pm next Wed (no later) so the names can be finalised and the draw done. This is open to all so help spread the word with your dart playing mates.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 James M

I know the competition starts on the 24th and entrys must be confirmerd on the 21st but im away at the moment and wont be back until the 27th. Can I still enter I would love to play is there anyway somebody can put my name in, i would really appreciate it, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Is it a once off competition on the night or do you play one game per wednesday for a number of weeks

coz i imagine a couple of wednesday i wont be free so im just wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

The Players Lounge Singles League starts on Wednesday 24th June. It is essential that players arrive at venue early to facilitate Open Draw at 8-30pm. Entries are going well so players wishing to participate in this competition who have not already entered should do so as soon as possible.
    Lads if you have any quiries give Bobby a buzz on the number on the poster above.

Carrickman wrote: »
    Lads if you have any quiries give Bobby a buzz on the number on the poster above.

I just spoke to bobby in the last hour.

This should run four or five weeks.

Eight pools of eight or nine players with a round robin play. You should play at least seven other players and then the top four in each table advance to the Top32.

Top Eight pays according to the sheet listed above.

One last bump for this.

Excellent night down at the Players Lounge last night. Andy and I were the only ones that I knew from Boards though (which is a shame).

The standard was excellent for the most part. There are really some excellent dart throwers showing up for this league/tournament.

The night started a bit slow (as to be expected setting up the draws with those numbers). Bobby really does a great job keeping everything moving on six boards at once. This town could use a few more characters like him around.

For those of you couldn't make it, I really think you missed out on very good opportunity to get some games against some solid opponents. This is a great test to measure yourself against and to really push your abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I think a few lads from the farmhouse were out there last night..........who did ya play rented.....and did ya win or lose?

• Advertisement

MBC wrote: »
    I think a few lads from the farmhouse were out there last night..........who did ya play rented.....and did ya win or lose?

Player two games against a Jimmy and a Matt.

Could buy a double to get started in my match against Jimmy and lost 2-0.

Shot better in my second game against Matt and won 2-0.

How did the tournament go last night Im away at the moment but entered into it so I should be there next week. Was there a good standard of darts.

James M wrote: »
    How did the tournament go last night Im away at the moment but entered into it so I should be there next week. Was there a good standard of darts.

There were some county players as well as one PDC (Shane).

Very good standard overall. You would really want to be ready to play when you step up to the line.

The league has now split into to groups. One Monday group for brackets 1-4 and Wednsday for brackets 5-8.

If you are in, I would check with Bobby to make sure you know when you are supoposed to be there.

I think im on the monday I spoke to Bobby a week or so ago and he told me. I´ll need to give him a ring tommorow when i get back from me holidays and need to get straight back on the practise board if i wanna try win acouple of matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

The Singles League Competition was a very successful and competitive event with 72 players taking part.

The Round Robin format throughout was very popular but involved a lot of games(Almost 500) but we managed to meet our schedule on the respective nights.

There were two preliminary stages to leave 16 players on the final night with the last 8 players recieving prizemoney

Players League Singles League

Last 8

Paul Ryan
    Keith Crook
    Anto Turner
    Paul Brewer
    Alan O'Reilly
    Gareth Gray
    John Burke
    Sean McArdle

Last 4
    Gareth Gray
    Alan O'Reilly
    Paul Ryan
    Keith Crook

The deserving if unexpected winner of the competition and first prize of 600euro was the emerging star Keith Crook who played brillant darts on the night.

Keith beat the other three players at the Last 4 stage to come out on top as the overall winner.

Gareth Gray and Alan O'Reilly shared second/third and Paul Ryan another rapidly improving player took fourth prize.

Overall the competition was a resounding success and I would like to congratulate the prizewinners and and indeed all the players who participated.

Bobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ADINKO

Maybe you could get them to display this info on their site?

http://www.theplayerslounge.ie

Advertisement