Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird, can anyone help me out

Options
  • 09-06-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

ok this mite seem a bit weird but today i was walking down grafton st. when a teenage girl(im a teen myself) comes out of the blue and says ''can i ask you a question' in a fairly nice manner, however i found it a bit weird and said 'nah your grand thanks' :o and kept walking i felt like such a prick because maby she needed some help, but she was local, she had no id or anything so i dont think she was a chugger. i do actually feel bad, so if that girl is on here im so sorry :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I wouldn't feel to bad, normally when someone just stop you like that in town, its for the usual reasons. If she needed directions or something, she would probably have started with,, "sorry do you know where blah is"

If she was looking for directions, im sure shes not still lost :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

You fool. She wanted in your pants. Or was working for a charity or something.

Probably wanted in your pants though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If she was hot you're a fool.:pac:
    The charity people start of with charity stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

i was thinking that, but that wouldnt happen in ireland and plus im not exactly hot property like lol although the 1% chance that she did come up to me like to ask me out or something is why i feel bad especially if her friends were close by.

yeah cian she was hot :D, **** please tell me she wasnt going to ask me out!!!!! confident girl ;) nah but really 'can i ask you a question' this is a very interesting way to begin a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

there's a place that does free haircuts on Grafton and i used to get offered them quite a bit,how's your Barnet looking? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hanley Centre people most likely, in future just say you're not 18 and they can't sell you the scratch cards, that's what I do even though I'm 18.:cool:

punchdrunk wrote: »
    there's a place that does free haircuts on Grafton and i used to get offered them quite a bit,how's your Barnet looking? :D

this might be it, **** she was hot and she noticed my crappy hairstyle.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Hanley Centre people most likely, in future just say you're not 18 and they can't sell you the scratch cards, that's what I do even though I'm 18.:cool:

You big rebel!!!! Next you'll be going upstairs on buses, ya mad yoke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, say it was Hanley Centre...

whats hanley centre?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

whats hanley centre?

The guise is scratch cards to save addicts. Or some such guff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

humberklog wrote: »
    The guise is scratch cards to save addicts. Or some such guff.

Cant remember the exact figure but rough 50 cent from the €2 goes to the seller itself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I saw a similar one a while ago, an Indian girl was asking for directions, she had got out of her hubbys/boyfriends car and was on the road stopping a guy in a suit. I reckon, because of her sari the fella thought she was maybe a Roma gypsy and ignored her!! When the girl insisted on following him and saying "excuse me, I am just looking for directions" in her beautifully cultured Indian accent he realised what was going on and was mortified! In the end he gave her directions of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Davy wrote: »
    Cant remember the exact figure but rough 50 cent from the €2 goes to the seller itself

I used to "work" for them.
    We sold lines at a pound each..we'd get 40 pence,our supervisor got 20 pence,his supervisor got twenty pence,10 pence went for printing and stuff and the "charity" got ten pence in the pound..i sold hundreds and hundreds of lines and i never heard of anybody winning the 600 quid top prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

10% to the charity...FFS...if I ever bought the things I would stop

Degsy wrote: »
    I used to "work" for them

I'd say you loved that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ok this mite seem a bit weird but today i was walking down grafton st. when a teenage girl(im a teen myself) comes out of the blue and says ''can i ask you a question' in a fairly nice manner, however i found it a bit weird and said 'nah your grand thanks' :o and kept walking i felt like such a prick because maby she needed some help, but she was local, she had no id or anything so i dont think she was a chugger. i do actually feel bad, so if that girl is on here im so sorry :)

One day Daddy Rabbit wakes up and there have been strange changes to his body.

Same with Mummy Rabbit.

Mummy Rabbit holds Daddy Rabbit's hand and says that she is having strange urges......

lightening wrote: »
    I'd say you loved that.

It was actually good crack and you made good money..back in 1990 i could clear 30 quid a day which was not to be sneezed at.
    The problem was when certain areas became saturated with sellers (like crown alley) then there'd be complaints from businesses and we'd get told to lay off the area for a while.

It was actually good crack

Can you explain why you target certain people? Obviously you get fairly wide at guessing who is likely to stop and chat and who won't give you the time of the day. You get good at reading people.

I never get stopped, I'm not unfriendly looking or anything, I don't have a shaved head and lots of visible tattoos, but I never get stopped.

Can you explain why you target certain people? Obviously you get fairly wide at guessing who is likely to stop and chat and who won't give you the time of the day. You get good at reading people.

I never get stopped, I'm not unfriendly looking or anything, I don't have a shaved head and lots of visible tattoos, but I never get stopped.

Never,ever ask people in suits as they wont give you the time of day,this applies to men and women.
    People who look they're in ah urry,striding purposefully along are also a no-no as they havnt got time to stop and chat or they're in a hurry.
    When i was doing it i was a punk rocker so i tended to target curehead and goth girls,they would usually stop and once you've rattled off your speil that was more than half the battle.
    Basically as you say,you can come to read people and thier potential reactions although there are surprises..one bloke in particular was a bit of a weirdo and would but 50 quids worth of lines off a girl who worked with me.

• Advertisement

That's gas. A few weeks on the job and you can read people like a book! Excellent street training!!

That's gas. A few weeks on the job and you can read people like a book! Excellent street training!!

Not allways..one bloke stuck a syringe through his cheek and walked off laughing..i didnt really expect that!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Not allways..one bloke stuck a syringe through his cheek and walked off laughing..i didnt really expect that!

That wouldn't have been in the Chugger's Handbook.

I did a stint for a week with The Liffey Trust selling fripping poxy fire drill charts to houses and on the street. I sold one. It was around '86. Thankfully Guinness came to the rescue with a summer job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I used to "work" for them too, gave it up when a group of scumbag teenagers (didn't even try to stop them) walked by and one of them slapped me in the face. Fun times!

Advertisement