Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Trials

Options
  • 08-06-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Anyone involved in these at the moment, Kerry started their trials last Sunday.

The Kerry Darts Association has announced the dates and venues for the trials it will be holding in relation to the formation of a Kerry team for next year's inter-county championships.

A total of 16 trials will take place over the next six months with the first one taking place at Sheila O'Neill's Bar Killorglin on Sunday May 31st at 7pm. The second qualifier will take place in the Killarney Avenue Bar on Sunday June 14th while the third night will be on Friday June 26th in Karl J's Bar in Milltown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Yeah ive being at the Mayos this year but have underperformed at both.

The top 7 county players by average are automatics and cannot be displaced, which doesn't really matter as those 7 are all savage and would just hammer the qualifiers anyway.

Ours is played over 4 days, with everyone playing 7-8 games. 2 points for a win 0 for a loss. Your best 3 days from the 4 are added up and the top 9 qualify.

the 9 qualifiers than go to another qualfier round where they play round robin against the 9 lowest averaging players on the county panel where everyone plays everyone in a round robin.

Top 9 on average, not points qualify and are on the team.

Atm I've underperformed, only won 2 from 7 the first day as i missed a pile of doubles (should of won at least 6). Second day I only took 6, beating the 3 strongest players on my board and losing to everyone else lol.

I can write off the first day so I need 12 points a day from my last 2 days as 30 looks like the cut off point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

No hope of trials as per usual up this way:mad:

Carrickman wrote: »
    No hope of trials as per usual up this way:mad:

that really is a disgrace as imho theres no excuse for it in any county anymore. Its apparently a big problem in alot of counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

padr81 wrote: »
    Yeah ive being at the Mayos this year but have underperformed at both.

The top 7 county players by average are automatics and cannot be displaced, which doesn't really matter as those 7 are all savage and would just hammer the qualifiers anyway.

Ours is played over 4 days, with everyone playing 7-8 games. 2 points for a win 0 for a loss. Your best 3 days from the 4 are added up and the top 9 qualify.

the 9 qualifiers than go to another qualfier round where they play round robin against the 9 lowest averaging players on the county panel where everyone plays everyone in a round robin.

Top 9 on average, not points qualify and are on the team.

Atm I've underperformed, only won 2 from 7 the first day as i missed a pile of doubles (should of won at least 6). Second day I only took 6, beating the 3 strongest players on my board and losing to everyone else lol.

I can write off the first day so I need 12 points a day from my last 2 days as 30 looks like the cut off point.

Just out of curiosity, when are the Mayo trials held ?

Next Sunday and than the 28th of June in Breaffy House in Castlebar. Dunno when the date for the top 9 to play the panel is as I def won't be there but think its September. All the trials have being moved to Breaffy House this this year as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Does anyone know what the story is wit the dublin trials only back playing after 5 years but used to be if you played tues in the dun laoghaire borough league you couldnt play is that still the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

paulcorr wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is wit the dublin trials only back playing after 5 years but used to be if you played tues in the dun laoghaire borough league you couldnt play is that still the case

Not sure Paul but think thats the rule..........boycey was called up to the Dublin Youths at the end of last year........but because he played Tuesday he wasnt allowed go :mad:

MBC wrote: »
    Not sure Paul but think thats the rule..........boycey was called up to the Dublin Youths at the end of last year........but because he played Tuesday he wasnt allowed go :mad:
    Stupid rule if your good enough you should be allowed play how many tues players this year would get on dublin team senior and youths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Stupid rule if your good enough you should be allowed play how many tues players this year would get on dublin team senior and youths

yeah totally agree..........the farmhouse committee put that forward but unfortunately they didnt see it that way.

Depends what age youths goes up to.........Boycey & Shane Ryan.......both 20 years old.......gar gregory is 23...........the 3 of these would be in the top 5 players in the tues league imo.

MBC wrote: »
    yeah totally agree..........the farmhouse committee put that forward but unfortunately they didnt see it that way.

Depends what age youths goes up to.........Boycey & Shane Ryan.......both 20 years old.......gar gregory is 23...........the 3 of these would be in the top 5 players in the tues league imo.
    without a doubt why doesnt someone suggest a dun laoghaire borough team sure isnt it the county of dun laoghaire rathdown now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Not a bad idea paul for once

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Not a bad idea paul for once
    YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF GETTING ON IT NOW AFTER THAT COMMENT WHAT YOU MEAN FOR ONCE HA HA HA IT IS SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO DONT YOU THINK why is there not a comp between all the leagues around dublin how many leagues are there would it not be fun to pit your wits against players from other leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

I'd love that mate should be a summer tournament or some **** ME THATS TWO IN A ROW FOR PAUL you wouldn't make it either you're an adopted culchie

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    I'd love that mate should be a summer tournament or some **** ME THATS TWO IN A ROW FOR PAUL you wouldn't make it either you're an adopted culchie
    i tried getting on the wexford team but they were throwing the darts up in the air and hitting them wit a hurley at the board couldnt get used to it at all so does anyone know how many dublin leagues there are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

I can only think of the North City Dublin League and the Vinters league but not too sure they could even be the same league!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

cork trials, is there any information about them, if any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

jamesbere wrote: »
    cork trials, is there any information about them, if any

It might be on this site James!

http://www.corkdarts.org/news.php

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

without a doubt why doesnt someone suggest a dun laoghaire borough team sure isnt it the county of dun laoghaire rathdown now

it was discussed a few years back,but nothing came of it.at the time there was 4/5 on the dublin team and a couple on the wicklow team from the borough league.
    the monday singles champion is entitled to a place on the dublin team.

DFD wrote: »
    it was discussed a few years back,but nothing came of it.at the time there was 4/5 on the dublin team and a couple on the wicklow team from the borough league.
    the monday singles champion is entitled to a place on the dublin team.
    but do you not think the singles champion might not always be the best player maybe some people should suggest a borough league team again would you rather play for dublin or the borough league that could be a new forum too i know i would rather play for the borough league how many borough players are on the current dublin team

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

i tried getting on the wexford team but they were throwing the darts up in the air and hitting them wit a hurley at the board couldnt get used to it at all

They must have started this after I retired so, cause I cant hurl worth a damn:eek:.

• Advertisement

NeoRox wrote: »
    They must have started this after I retired so, cause I cant hurl worth a damn:eek:.
    I MOVED to gorey 5and half years ago started playing in the gorey league they played pool played the jukebox had sing songs while the darts were going on so we needed the hurleys to sort them out :):):) some good players in gorey and on the wexford team

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

If there is anyone from Kerry County Board on here or if anyone has access to latest rankings would it be possible to post an up to date rankings table please.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

How are the Kerry trials going?

Advertisement