Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireball Effects Loop quiery.

Options
  • 04-06-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Recently a freind o mine bought himself a fireball half stack and as he had never used an effects loop in his life asked me to set it up for him. Now i myself havent used an effects loop in ages(sold all me effects ages ago) but I think I got the right idea behind it, that is the Guitar is going into the amp, then the send is going into the first pedal and the last pedal in the chain is going back into the return.

However somthing aint going right with this setup because A) the effects arent actually effecting the chain and B) when the wet/dry nob at the back is up full the volume is KILLED, as in to the stage where you can BARELY hear the guitar. Im scratching my head as to whats gone wrong with this one.

If it makes any difference the pedals being used goes like this(from the send): Cry baby, Isp decimator, Mxr 6 band eq, Pitch black tuner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

is thre any other knobs/buttons to press? like a effects loop boost or anything?

some effects pedals can effect the volume of the loop, but keep it 100% wet anyways and yeah the signal goes as fx loop send > pedal input > pedal output > fx return ...most pedals in the loops are the usual modulation ones, delay, chorus, phaser, pitch shifters, flangers n stuff

either way the pedals he has there id keep in front of the amp in the chain anyways... and you mean the Isp decimator? ...the noise supressor?

id go Guitar > wah > eq > Tuner > decimator > amp input

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I'd double check the setting on the noise suppressor, it could be set up poorly and affecting the signal going in to the return. That would explain why when the mix knob is up the volume is down.
    To test out the loop and see if it's working ok, plug the guitar in to the main input. Plug a single working pedal in at the loop with the send going into the input of the pedal and the output of the pedal going to the return on the amp. turn the mix knob up high so you will get a lot of the effects signal. That should indicate to you if the loop is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

if its new its prob ok those were mad pedals to be having in the loop

and if it is the decimator noise supressor its just one knob to turn! ...if you have an eq in the loop it will drasticly affect the volume

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yeah, actually everything in the whole setup bar the wah is brand new(he got a whoe new rig) So everything should be working. Also like i said absolutly nothing makes any difference on the sound/output level. Even when i boost everything on the eq 6db the sound levels dont change.

Any fireball users here, cmon....Hungus where are you when your needed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I'd say either the Tuner is muting the loop for some reason or that your ISP decimator isn't set up properly. Try doing a send-return with just the Wah and the Wet/Dry mix set to 12 O' Clock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭felim

Try your setup one pedal at a time. Having one pedal alone in the loop each time, that will start to narrow down what may be the problem.

In any case, if it were me, I would have the ISP and the EQ in the loop, everything else out front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

felim wrote: »
    Try your setup one pedal at a time. Having one pedal alone in the loop each time, that will start to narrow down what may be the problem.

In any case, if it were me, I would have the ISP and the EQ in the loop, everything else out front.
    I was thinking this myself. Ok so il try this out next time im up, trying one pedal at a time makes a hell of a lot of sense too!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Man it was in barrys house. You really should have just checked for dodgy leads.... which it was :P

Advertisement