Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

size? in dublin (shoe store)

Options
  • 02-06-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

how do people find it? bit different from the normal thing but is it too expensive?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

aye 10 - 20 euro over shue... just go there, anything size has they do, they order in stuff for ya like

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

They good if you're looking for rare runners, remember around Christmas searched Dublin high and low for a pair of Fred Perry runners I'd seen on the internet and well ended up buying them off the internet, then the following week Size? had them in stock but still no other shop.

Always check around though as melekalikimaka they can be dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

More expensive, but they have nice stuff. Remember though, online is always a good bet for rarities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

stovelid wrote: »
    More expensive, but they have nice stuff. Remember though, online is always a good bet for rarities.

its just awkward trying them on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Stood waiting for service for 15 minutes there one day as the only customer there while two employees stood about talking about how they play the best music on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A lot of shoes there you can't buy anywhere else, they're only about a fiver more expensive, good service in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Táck wrote: »
    its just awkward trying them on

Fair enough. It's usually Adidas I'm after at the minute, and a 10/10.5 usually does the job. Thankfully never got anything that didn't fit.
    Stood waiting for service for 15 minutes there one day as the only customer there while two employees stood about talking about how they play the best music on the street.

Just tap one of the shoulder and ask, "Do you actually perform a function in here?" Generally works. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

why didnt you approach them? the shop is tiny. 15 minutes is quite a long time to stand in a shop of that size

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Decent selection of stuff, slightly overpriced.

Generally I'd only go there if I need to try something on and can't get it anywhere else. (I.e. online)

In terms of selection it's infinitely better than Schuh, Office et al.

Advertisement