Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers in Capitol

Options
  • 01-06-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Has anybody noticed that the bouncers they have on Capitol randomly stop you going in sometimes, with the "not tonight" routine.

I used to be a regular there (and kind of still am) but this weekend was the second time I was refused in the space of a month with "not tonight". Both times there was two of us guys, both well dressed and only had a couple of drinks on us!

I've heard from other people they've had trouble getting in there but I just assumed they must have been drunk or with a big group but now I've experienced it for myself I know that's not the case.

I can't understand it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Haven't been there in years since one of their bouncers tried to kill me (literally tried to kill me, the Gardai had to arrest him.)

The place has always had a random "not tonight" policy. Just don't give them your business - there are much better bars in Dublin, e.g. Dice bar, Sin e, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Haven't been there in years since one of their bouncers tried to kill me (literally tried to kill me, the Gardai had to arrest him.)

You have to elaborate..

Only got refused by the bouncers once. Was soaking wet and me and a mate went straight out from work but were wearing hoodies, just plain ones. Was a Wednesday night so didn't think they'd mind much. We just laughed and walked off to Fibbers and after a few wouldn't have been able to tell the 2 places apart after the first few :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Brimmy wrote: »
    You have to elaborate..

It's a very long story, but he was a criminal from Korea who used to beat his ex-wife in public. An utter psycho scumbag who should be locked up for life. Of course, the useless Gardai let him go and he now has an Irish passport.

But to cut a long story short, his tried to kill me because I was sleeping with his ex-wife (I didn't even know she was married or used to be married or whatever, the first I heard about it was when he was kicking down the door with a knife in his hand...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyboy23

i used to do a bit of bouncing and i always found that a nice chat telling the person to cop on is good enough notting as bad as seen young fella or girl getting man handled some bouncers think there the law theres no need for it,i went out clubbing with 9friends sunday nite everyone of them was well on except me i dont drink so off to the club where my 9 merry friends all paid and were going in until you always get one p...k who wants to think the place wouldnt run without him stoped me and said not tonite mate i said what not tonite sir your drunk all my friends came back and told the gob****e that i was the only one there that was stone cold sober do you think he would say sorry mate i made a mistake enjoy your night not this fool he wasnt backing down so in the end the lads got there money back and we went to a better club saying that there are some good and kind bouncers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement