Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taylor vs barney

Options
  • 01-06-2009 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

lads just an idea or a dream of mine that could come true an exhibition with barney vs taylor plus possibly 32 people to play doubles at 25 euro a head per ticket who'd be interested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Me 100%!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

cheers bud it will prob be a while away as ive to find a venue suitable and arrange the sale of prob 700 tickets but try i will:eek:

just a yes or a no will do;)

wayne76 wrote: »
    just a yes or a no will do;)

Yes
    ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Isn't it roughly 5 grand to get the two of them on an exhibition??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

i'd say it'd cost closer to 8 grand.i'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

I'll tske the OVER on 8k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Hell, I'll do it for eight grand !!

Sign me up.

Please make all cheques payable to CASH.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That would be the dream exhibition.

A huge YES from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

a big yes wayne .and im sure you would get alot of interest .
    the noggin inn on the stage would be a great venue ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Yes yes yes yes

Isn't it roughly 5 grand to get the two of them on an exhibition??
    i was quoted nearer ten mate hopeing a bit less mate but if im going to do it i would want a pdc stage set up and maybe russ bray or someone to call no point half doing things:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

yes

boards evening out?

yes

boards evening out?

I'd be up for that!:D

Sent you a pm wayne what you think

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If you need any help with fundraising or anything for this wayne then give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Jayz that would be some exhibtion........go for it wayne. Fair play mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

cheers bud it will prob be a while away as ive to find a venue suitable and arrange the sale of prob 700 tickets but try i will:eek:
    why not arrange a doubles comp 10euro a head with the winners runners up and semi finalists getting the chance to play taylor and barney do you think many would be interested or would it work if you enter you then get first chocie to play if you dont win a place plus your 10 euro comes off the 25 to play them only an idea to raise some funds you could have a couple of comps say on a fri nite you could also sell tickets on the nite or have a table quiz to help raise money you could have teams from each pub mon tues wed 25 euro a team would be fun see who has the brainest team anyone else got ideas to raise money

im just waiting to get an exact price for the players paul to see if its worth doing need to find out all the pro's and con's like how many players they'd play and i know barney's a diva at the best of times but i'll explore all avenues as of it fell flat it could cost me a pretty penny:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 box car willie

great idea wayne, but make sure what ever venue you use that thay dig deep into there pockets, no more mr nice guy bud,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

great idea, but I heard an interview with Taylor on Robbie Irwins sport bag on 2fm (sunday mornings) 3 to 4 months back. Taylor only does 10 exhibitions a year and he said he charges €15 grand a time. Not sure how much Barney would be.
    However great idea and if you get in on I would support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Hope u get this Going .Would be great to see and i would support any Tickets Sales as well.

right lads i will know by next week if it's going to get off the ground someone will have a chat with both players at the weekend it'll depend on weather taylor will do it and how much, barney will but he wants three nights over here on the spin there's a place in tramore and the submarine bar in town want the same line up so barney's sorted but with the same line up in town i'm not sure if it would clash with one out this way:confused:

right lads i will know by next week if it's going to get off the ground someone will have a chat with both players at the weekend it'll depend on weather taylor will do it and how much, barney will but he wants three nights over here on the spin there's a place in tramore and the submarine bar in town want the same line up so barney's sorted but with the same line up in town i'm not sure if it would clash with one out this way:confused:
    i know it will clash if it does go ahead but why not get in there first and get the first nite in dublin then let the submarine worry about the second nite i know the submarine would probably put up the money themselves no fund raising needed there why not approach one of the hotels in the borough wit a big function room get even more people to attend and ask them to put up some of the money they would make a fortune on drink on the nite anyway you could even get them to do food charge an extra tenner a ticket if you want food they would know well in advance how many people would want food just an idea make it a nite to remember

hey wayne if you need a hand in what ever i'll help tickets or posters anything mate just ask like the tassie's one's

thanks ste if its happening i'll give you a shout mate

paulcorr wrote: »
    i know it will clash if it does go ahead but why not get in there first and get the first nite in dublin then let the submarine worry about the second nite i know the submarine would probably put up the money themselves no fund raising needed there why not approach one of the hotels in the borough wit a big function room get even more people to attend and ask them to put up some of the money they would make a fortune on drink on the nite anyway you could even get them to do food charge an extra tenner a ticket if you want food they would know well in advance how many people would want food just an idea make it a nite to remember
    thats the plan paul the other two places want fri and sat so i'd go thurs night might not suit some but better than sun the others got in before for call on the nights but what youre saying is the plan to hit the hotels

thats the plan paul the other two places want fri and sat so i'd go thurs night might not suit some but better than sun the others got in before for call on the nights but what youre saying is the plan to hit the hotels
    plus we'd be the first in the east of ireland to hold such an event but as i said it will be tues again i know, if this will roll fingers crossed it will :rolleyes: plus i dont think thurs is a bad night for us in the borough

plus we'd be the first in the east of ireland to hold such an event but as i said it will be tues again i know, if this will roll fingers crossed it will :rolleyes: plus i dont think thurs is a bad night for us in the borough
    I will give you a hand selling tickets down my way in gorey lots of darts players down here im sure they would be interested if it happened could put up posters in most of the shops and supermarkets

• Advertisement

paulcorr wrote: »
    I will give you a hand selling tickets down my way in gorey lots of darts players down here im sure they would be interested if it happened could put up posters in most of the shops and supermarkets
    cheers paul fair play hopefully it comes off mate

Advertisement