Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be elected

Options
  • 30-05-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

*Robbed from Dublin County North*

Well with just under a week to polling day who do you think will get a seat on the council? Or who will hold on to a seat?

Who has done work? Who has been good for the area?

Personnally I'm going with (South West Inner City)

1)Clare Byrne (FG)
    2)Rebecca Moynihan (Labour)
    3)John Gallagher (Labour)
    4)Tina MacVeigh (People Before Profit Alliance)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Personally I wont be voting because I don't really give a shite about these incredibly unimportant elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

=Gavin "shels";60472749]

1)Clare Byrne (FG)

Your just voting in order of best looking :pac: (Im not gay but John Gallagher or anybody is better looking than Tina MacVeigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Well with just under a month to polling day
    :eek: I thought it's next Friday already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ass wrote: »
    Personally I wont be voting because I don't really give a shite about these incredibly unimportant elections.

Well they're important if you live in an area and plan on staying there, I know the majority of the local candidates in my area have done a good and much needed amount of work, be it getting a new development over-turned which was never going to help the area to getting new street-lights.
    dancor wrote: »
    Your just voting in order of best looking :pac: (Im not gay but John Gallagher or anybody is better looking than Tina MacVeigh)

I'm not!:D But seriously I'm not, Clare Byrne has done a good job since she came on board (after her mother Catherine became a TD). Then I'm still undecided about which order to have John and Rebecca in, John having a good track record but Rebecca being young and new and hopefully full of new ideas.
    xia wrote: »
    :eek: I thought it's next Friday already ;)

What you talkin' bout fool!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

In that case, I should hope that if you've any issues with your local area you'll keep them to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Fair enough but don't post here next month moaning about your useless council and useless MEP's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

For the first time in my life I'm considering making a protest vote.

I'm in Dublin 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

For those in the Clontarf Ward, here's a radio programme with all the candidates in the area (bar Ronan Callely)

http://www.nearfm.ie/podcast/index.php?id=647

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Long-time fianna failer. Getting a little pisshed the 'ol nepotism. And though I regard the other parties as fools who can't get anything done, I've voting Labour all down the list to keep the Govt honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

banquo wrote: »
    Getting a little pisshed the 'ol nepotism.

Remember that it isnt just FF doing this. Labour is probably the worst example parachuting Nessa Childers into the East MEP constituency. SF have Toireasa Ferris, Labour have 2 in Dublin i can think of and im sure FG have plenty also. Perhaps im a little naive but i feel that any person who is the son or daughter of a politician are simply following a career path they have been exposed to since childhood.
    At the end of the day a candidate should be judged on their ability, especially in local level where political affiliation is almost meaningless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Crumlin/Kimmage

Joan Collins (PBP)
    Ruari McGinley (FG)
    Ray McHugh (SF)

Charlie Ardagh (FF) and Eric Byrne (Labour) could challange McHugh though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Don't vote Fine Gael, imagine that plank Enda Kenny being a Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

hunter164 wrote: »
    Don't vote Fine Gael, imagine that plank Enda Kenny being a Taoiseach.
    Oh I wont be voting for any of the 'main' parties, I just think they're likely to emerge as big winners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Chap has no charisma, me dead granny in a pot downstairs has mre life in her than that gimp.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dont turn to labour people... they feed on misfortune... they are only ever popular when folk become unemployed cos they pull their stupid robin hood speeches...

dont turn to labour people... they feed on misfortune... they are only ever popular when folk become unemployed cos they pull their stupid robin hood speeches...

That may be, but Labour are the only people that do anything in my area, the only people who hand out bi-monthly (usely) and issues, and stuff which has happened, etc... Now if there was a General Election, not a hope I'd vote for them and that muppet Joan Burton, God do I hate her snobby voice.

*Robbed from Dublin County North*

Well with just under a week to polling day who do you think will get a seat on the council? Or who will hold on to a seat?

Who has done work? Who has been good for the area?

Personnally I'm going with (South West Inner City)

1)Clare Byrne (FG)

Clare Byrne (FG)
    Rebecca Moynihan (Labour)
    John Gallagher (Labour)
    Críona Ní Dhálaigh (SF)

They're the 4 elected in South West Inner City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Clare Byrne (FG)
    Rebecca Moynihan (Labour)
    John Gallagher (Labour)
    Críona Ní Dhálaigh (SF)

They're the 4 elected in South West Inner City.

Very Good

GALLAGHER, John 1574 19.0% :rolleyes:
    BYRNE, Clare 1400 16.9% :o
    MOYNIHAN, Rebecca 1315 15.9% :)
    NÍ DHÁLAIGH, Críona 1006 12.2% :)

SZCZECINSKI, Lech 55 0.7%

Anyone know who this chap is, any background? The only one I have not heard about:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zen947l68c

unlucky lech, i love the way he says 'june':D legend

why? at least they are a bit differen from FF AND FG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Delighted Maureen O' Sullivan got in & Christy Burke didn't get a sniff :D (North Inner City)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Walsh wrote: »
    Delighted Maureen O' Sullivan got in & Christy Burke didn't get a sniff :D (North Inner City)

Christy Burke was Elected with 1537 votes (12.9%):confused:

i was dissapointed ivana bacik didnt get in but ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

i was dissapointed ivana bacik didnt get in but ah well.
    I wasn't personally disappointed, but was very surprised. I really thought that Bacik was the dark horse of Dublin Central and would be sure to take that seat.
    Given Labour's otherwise stellar performance in Dublin and the urban centres, it's all the more surprising.

She ticks all the right boxes - liberal, female, left wing, educated and well spoken. Big national profile too. In a working class district she should be a hit. Why doesn't she sit well with DC voters, can any locals enlighten us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zen947l68c

unlucky lech, i love the way he says 'june':D legend

With a name like Lech, i'd vote for him based on the lovely beer! :D

Advertisement