Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi lost and found?

Options
  • 30-05-2009 12:35pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does any one know if there is a lost and found office for taxis?
    As in stuff that's lost in taxis as opposed to actual taxis that have been lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

It's called the carriage office, i think. And it's in Dublin Castle and staffed by the gardai. Not guaranteed to get your stuff back. I didn't get my bag back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The Taxi Regulator site has info (exactly what mal1 said).

If you have a receipt with the taxi plate number that would be really helpful - they might be able to contact the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Give it a few days in case they don't drop it in to the carriage office right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

The best thing is if you always get the taxi number when you get one.

Not trying to be a pr*ck or anything but i never do anything about lost items in my car. I just throw them in a box at home. If someone contacts me either by the card i gave them or the carriage office I'll tell them where to collect it.

But nearly every day someone leaves something behind. I havent got time to be bringing peoples lost goods anywhere. And neither do most drivers.

So always get the number and then you know how to contact the driver.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Thanks for replies. I tried the Carriage office and it's only a mon-fri job.

If anyone sees a camera Canon A1 looking like they don't know what they have...then it's mine.

I was for too drunk to be taking taxi numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Not trying to be a pr*ck or anything

Perish the thought :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Perish the thought :rolleyes:

Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

If you lost a phone, ring it straightaway. My other half left her phone in a taxi before and rang it and the guy promptly dropped the phone through the letterbox in the middle of the night.
    And the guy who did the charitable deed was African so anyone who thinks they are dodgy, get that chip of your shoulders! :P ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

It is against the law not to report all lost property to the carridge office that is found in your taxi.If someone reports it to the caridge office and they have your badge or plate number you are going to be in serious trouble my friend.I would also say you would probibly be likely to lose your badge over it.You have a PSV licence and you are providing public service.It is a pain in the B##ls but just amagine you left something in a taxi.I've even be rewarded by people who have lost property and received it back.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

gurramok wrote: »
    If you lost a phone, ring it straightaway. My other half left her phone in a taxi before and rang it and the guy promptly dropped the phone through the letterbox in the middle of the night.
    And the guy who did the charitable deed was African so anyone who thinks they are dodgy, get that chip of your shoulders! :P ;)

same happened to me a few years ago, i lost an expensive phone in a cab and rang it and the driver brought it back. he was in greystones and i was in raheny by the time i realised i had lost it. it was very nice of him to bring it back as it was late on xmas eve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

+1 for lost phone experience. Rang the phone, and he was still on his shift in town, he agreed to drop the phone into the Garda station near where he lived (Ronanstown) and I drove there the next day to get it. Sound guy. Well worth a try if you lose a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Palmy wrote: »
    It is against the law not to report all lost property to the carridge office that is found in your taxi.If someone reports it to the caridge office and they have your badge or plate number you are going to be in serious trouble my friend.I would also say you would probibly be likely to lose your badge over it.You have a PSV licence and you are providing public service.It is a pain in the B##ls but just amagine you left something in a taxi.I've even be rewarded by people who have lost property and received it back.:cool:

Im shaking. Like most laws, its very hard to enforce this one isnt it.

same happened to me a few years ago, i lost an expensive phone in a cab and rang it and the driver brought it back. he was in greystones and i was in raheny by the time i realised i had lost it. it was very nice of him to bring it back as it was late on xmas eve

Ive brought a few phones back this way. You'd be surprised how often it happens. I cant stress enough that you have to get the taxi number because a lot of drivers are like me. Just dont have time to bring stuff in for ages. But if you call you'll get it back no problem.

Advertisement