Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What area?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    Im going to be moving to dublin in about 2 months for work. I'll be working in the IFSC. Just wondering could someone recommend me some decent areas to look for accomodation in. id prefer not to have more than a 20min commute and would want to pay between 550-700 rent for a double room in shared accom. Other than that I dont really have any preferences.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

South docks, most parts of Ringsend, Sandymount, Clontarf, city centre itself. With 20 minute commute by train most of coastal Dublin would suit. If you're walking it's slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

just look alone the dart line, clontarf, killester, raheny. theyre all less than 20mins away and nice areas too. just be careful with clontarf, its very big and u cud be no were near dart station!
    dont know what the other direction is like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fatedtopretend

the docklands isn't a bad place. It's literally a 5 minute walking distance from the IFSC, and not too pricey either.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

If you're wiling to pay that kind of rent, I'd go with Sandymount - nice area, walking distance to trendier Ranelagh/ Rathmines, on the DART line, Southside, by the sea so great for summer strolls, pretty, man I'm starting to wish I lived there.

Are you going to be the last person working in the IFSC?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

InFront wrote: »
    Are you going to be the last person working in the IFSC?:pac:

Or maybe he's the start of the Celtic Tiger II.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

stick with the northside, you dont wana be bullied in work about being a southsider! :P
    DDSS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

InFront wrote: »
    If you're wiling to pay that kind of rent, I'd go with Sandymount - nice area, walking distance to trendier Ranelagh/ Rathmines,

You must be a fast Olympic walker!

Walking distance from Sandymount to Ranelagh/Rathmines is at least a few miles to knacker the legs of anyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

gurramok wrote: »
    You must be a fast Olympic walker!

Walking distance from Sandymount to Ranelagh/Rathmines is at least a few miles to knacker the legs of anyone!!

A few miles wouldn't knacker the legs off anyone... I used to walk that for study breaks!

Advertisement