Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for the O2

Options
  • 25-05-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm heading up to the O2 on Friday but am trying to figure out where to park. I need to be able to get out to Bewley's Dublin Airport Hotel as fast as possible afterwards. I was thinking of parking around Connolly station and getting the shuttle bus to/from the O2 or walking it.

Is it possible to park there?

If not, could anyone suggest anything else?

I will have plenty of time before the gig to get wherever I need to get in the city centre, once I will be able to get out fast enough...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

lauratkd wrote: »
    I will have plenty of time before the gig
    If you really have plenty of time, hang around Sheriff Street Upper until a space become vacant. It's very close to the Point and on street parking is still free but it can be difficult to get a space. You could aim to get a spot when day time workers return and the concert crowd hasn't really arrived yet.

After the concert, drive westwards (not eastwards) and either exit via the East Road (at the Wapping Street junction) and then onto the East Wall Road or keep going down to Seville Place, onto Portland Row and head north from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

or the car park behind jury's inn in commons street is open and only costs a fiver between 5 and midnight. after the concert, driving around customs house and up gardiner street shouldn't really be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

If as you say you have plenty of time I would Park as wishbone ash suggest on Sheriff Street Upper. I would however head eastwards and go through the tunnel to get to Bewleys airport hotel. When you exit the tunnel take the first slip road and head right through the roundabout to the N32, bewleys is just on the right hand side travel time approx 10 Mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

or the car park behind jury's inn in commons street is open and only costs a fiver between 5 and midnight. after the concert, driving around customs house and up gardiner street shouldn't really be a problem
    After the concert, drive westwards (not eastwards) and either exit via the East Road (at the Wapping Street junction) and then onto the East Wall Road or keep going down to Seville Place, onto Portland Row and head north from there.

Feck Gardiner Street or Portland Row, at that time of the evening the port tunnel toll will only be €3, use that and it'll pop you out near the hotel. 10 minute drive. Plenty of time saved to find your car, wherever it is.

Edit: beaten to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

after the concert, driving around customs house and up gardiner street shouldn't really be a problem
    To drive around the Custom house (it's one way clockwise and the Quay there is one way eastbound) would involve driving westbound on North Wall Quay/Custom House Quay, over Matt talbot bridge, going up George's Quay on the southside, back over the Liffey on Butt bridge and then onto Gardiner Street via Beresford Place. A bit long winded.
    TheBlock wrote: »
    I would however head eastwards and go through the tunnel
    sdonn wrote: »
    Feck Gardiner Street or Portland Row, at that time of the evening the port tunnel toll will only be €3
    Lads, the reason I suggested going westwards is that, after a concert, the junction of Sheriff Street Upper and East Wall Road is heavily congested. The Gardai often hold up traffic on Sheriff Street to try to relieve congestion on the East Wall Road.

The DPT route would certainly be quicker at most other times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Thanks for all the suggestions!! I'm still undecided as to what I will do.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Another suggestion I got is to leave the car out in the hotel get the bus in and a taxi back.... There will be four of us to split the taxi cost and we won't have to worry about parking or anything like that...

Will it be awfully hard to get a taxi though???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

lauratkd wrote: »
    Will it be awfully hard to get a taxi though???

Doubtful ;)

There's a derelict warehouse on Sherrif st that is sometimes open and charges €10 for the evening. If there are 4 of you, you are probably better off getting a taxi, less hassle.

Advertisement