Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth train line - footpath

Options
  • 22-05-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭

I need to get to Castleknock Golf Club tomorrow and it looks from Google Maps like Clonsilla is the nearest station but I can't tell from the map if you can walk along the rail line to get to Porterstown road. Does anyone know if it's possible or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Why would you want to? Easier and shorter to walk along the R121 and Luttrelstown Road. That's where the entrance seems to be.

Or is this a new place that's not on that map? I'm confused given the address in the results you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Might be too late but...

If you go south from the station there is a footpath until the junction of Luttrelstown Rd. After that I don't think there is a parh to the Golf club enterance. I wouldn't recommend walking this way.

You can walk along the canal to Poterstown Rd. Take a right then a left when you get to Luttrelstown Rd.

The route along the canal is a path and could be muddy given the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

Cheers for the help. I took the R121 and Luttrelstown Road like sdonn said (the map on their website was worse than useless) - that was a longer walk than I expected. Didn't see Orobhsa's post until it was too late - we walked along the canal from Porterstown level crossing to Coolmine - it wasn't exactly the stroll I expected :D

Advertisement