Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Camp/Tuition 2009?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi! My 14 year old daughter would like to do something this summer to improve her Spanish. Too young to send her off to Spain, but wondered if there is anything in Ireland? Something similar to the Irish language camps where they spend one or two weeks having some fund, but learning the langauge as well, would be perfect! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hi! There is the Euro Languages College which organises Spanish courses in Ireland. Basically your daughter would be staying in a boarding school ( I think it's usually Alexandra College in Dublin) for roughly 3 weeks. Personally I did the French one and thought it was beneficial and was good for making friends. I know people who have done the Spanish version of it and found it good. I myself am quite fluent in Spanish after studying as an exchange student in 4th year and found my friends to speak good Spanish after their time in elc. I'm not particularly sure but I think this course is for post junior cert to leaving cert students. their website is www.elc.ie

An exchange with a Spanish girl could be a good experience and it would be safe (and beneficial if it's minimum 3 weeks to pick up the language). Personally it never worked for me but then again I think girls would be more mature than guys, frankly. Try asking the Spanish teacher he/she would or have contacts that would know of courses out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭noelma

Thanks djcervi!!
    I will check with her Spanish teacher...
    The ELC course only has Senior Spanish... and it's €1100! :eek:

Advertisement