Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon fs11 video to imovie on Mac Book? any help

Options
  • 20-05-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have a Canon FS11 video camera which records to an internal memory and and extra sd card which I bought. However I have to convert the files via Capty mpeg first before I can import them to imovie on my Macbook, which is taking an age, does anyone have a sugestion as to how I could avoid this?
    would appreciate any thoughts.
    :confused:

After some research, I am still on imovie 6 and need to upgrade to at least imovie 8, but they are only selling ilife 09 now, but I need Leopard to run ilife 09! This doesn't seem fair. :frown:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thats pretty harsh alright, needing Leopard. However, iMovie in iLife '08 wasn't good. Apple intentionally removed lots of features from it, that people had used from '. Indeed, there was such a fuss about it, Apple put up a free download of iMove '06 on the web for anyone who had '08. I must admit, I never went near iLife 08 myself. '09 has returned a lot of the functionality back to iMove apparently. You could try adverts.ie or buy and sell for a copy of 08 if you were desperate. Just remember Snow Leopard is probably due shortly which is the successor to Lepoard, so don't go buying Leopard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Very Interestin

Thank you Whiterebel, good advice on two fronts there.
    :)

Advertisement