Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Watch size

• 19-05-2009 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 54kroc

Does anybody know if there is a standard size that watches are made to?
    I went in to a jewelers today and tried on at least 20 and none would fit, the sales assistant told me they would have to send away for extra links. I always thought there were extra links included in the case.
    My wrist is 8.5" is this abnormal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭ bogmanfan

I have a 7.5" wrist, and I usually have 1 link removed (Omega, Tag bracelets) so I'd say 8" would be standard length.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 old boy

try a watch with a divers extension,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 54kroc

Cheers for the advice, I don't mind paying for the extra links I was just anoyed I couldn't buy a watch and wear it straight away.
    I'd prefer a braclet but they did have one festina watch that had a bracelet and a strap but that was also to small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,176 Thomas_S_Hunterson

cork45 wrote: »
    Cheers for the advice, I don't mind paying for the extra links I was just anoyed I couldn't buy a watch and wear it straight away.
    I'd prefer a braclet but they did have one festina watch that had a bracelet and a strap but that was also to small.
    On the bright side you can wear some nice large-faced watches and not look like a twat.:D

Advertisement