Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to spend thrusday night with family?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hello my parents are coming to Dublin tomorrow for the afternoon and night to meet me and my sister.

any ideas for what to do, We will take in a meal and a few drinks anyway.

so looking for suggestions for restaurants, maybe with good offers on at the moment.

also are there any special events on, maybe a play or something similar?

or just any novel suggestions would be most apreciated. We are all familiar with Dub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

http://www.gaytheatre.ie/

fun for all the family

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Laughter Lounge is always fun
    220.jpg14th/15th/16th May 2009
    Eric Lalor plus guests

Eric Lalor: This comedian has a Phd in the art of stand up comedy!
    Simon OKeefe - The Johnny Depp of Irish comedy is back !
    Steve Cummins - Hecklers have finally met there match - do not sit in the front row you have been warned!
    Plus Special Guest
    Due to TV commitments Karl Spain is no longer available for this show.

Tickets Price : 26Eur

Or this would probably be better
    LISA RICHARDS IN ASSOCIATION WITH AIKEN PROMOTIONSneil_delamere_08.jpg
    ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE
    NEIL DELAMERE
    LIVE AT VICAR ST. May 16th
    May 16th will be recorded for Neil's Live new DVD!!

With a platinum-selling DVD, star of RTE's The Panel and BBC's The Blame Game Neil Delamere will perform his brand new show Crème Delamere in Vicar St. this May 16th. The Saturday night show will be recorded live for Neil's brand new DVD which will be released later in the year. Tickets are €28 on sale now through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide. Booking Line: 0818 719 390.
    Covering a day in Stockholm, Crème Delamere is an exploration of how a chance ncounter can change your day as well as detailing the finer points of slagging off Ryanair's CEO as he and 700 others look on. Practical advise on what not to do when swimming with sharks is also included. (Mocking the aforementioned multi-millionaire is considerably riskier as sharks tend to be more one dimensional in their attacks).
    The main question remains, as in all good films, will Neil get the girl?
    The unstoppable star of Irish Comedy, Neil Delamere is one of the top headline acts on the International circuit. Having performed on five continents, he staged his debut solo show at the Edinburgh festival in 2004. Neil featured in both series of The Liffey Laughs, RTE's stand-up show in 2005 and 2006 as well as The World Stands Up for Paramount. He has also hosted RTE's coverage The Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal for two years in a row.
    "Primed to make you explode with laughter...bloody funny" - Scotsman

*EDIT I know that says Sat but he's on tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where are these free drinks of which you speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Des wrote: »
    Where are these free drinks of which you speak?

ah balls I meant to say a few drinks, quiet distracted today,
    I also meant thursday not thrusday, damn quicker left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

What's the budget shoulder? What are you looking at? French Bistro, mad expensive classy joint, Tapas and beer? Decent pub food? Give me the info and I will point you in the right direction. Seeing that it's Wednesday now I will advise Chez Macs for French bistro (Entrance to Dublin Castle) Pintos for Tapas (Temple bar) or The Market Bar for larger portion tapas pub food (Georges St.) For more upmarket, big huge comfortable seats, pricey but good I would recommend Peploes on Stephens green.

Enjoy.

• Advertisement

wow seems like you know your stuff,

I am not even sure what a French Bistro is,

basicaly would stretch the budget if the place was worth it I don't know maybe in the region of 30 pps max on food but would be just as happy to pay 15 if the place was good,

Looking for a quiet night basicaly somewhere that we can talk and chill out.

That's a big budget. I don't really know my beans, just spend a lot of time out and about, I don't have kids so I'm not sure about family gigs, Chez max would be good, its novel enough, frogs legs, snails and stuff, but there is roast lamb, steaks and the rest. The only thing is, last time I was there they were dying to get rid of us. Might not be the same these days.

Market bar is brilliant, but noisy.

Pintos, you can't book it, its a walk in job. Great place, great food.

I will think of more tomorrow..

Winding Stair on Eden Quay does serious food, they got a website, its a really relaxed place, all organic stuff, but kinda pricey. Tis my favourate restaurant in Dublin. It aint quiet or formal. They've a huge wine list too if thats what you're into and they do all foreign beers

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Winding Stair

Brilliant place. A tiny bit pricey though... but great food, great view, great service.

lightening wrote: »
    That's a big budget. I don't really know my beans, just spend a lot of time out and about, I don't have kids so I'm not sure about family gigs, Chez max would be good, its novel enough, frogs legs, snails and stuff, but there is roast lamb, steaks and the rest. The only thing is, last time I was there they were dying to get rid of us. Might not be the same these days.

Market bar is brilliant, but noisy.

Pintos, you can't book it, its a walk in job. Great place, great food.

I will think of more tomorrow..

ha cool, when I say family, I am 22 and the youngest.
    will definitely check out those tomorrow and go to one.

Winding Stair on Eden Quay does serious food, they got a website, its a really relaxed place, all organic stuff, but kinda pricey. Tis my favourate restaurant in Dublin. It aint quiet or formal. They've a huge wine list too if thats what you're into and they do all foreign beers
    Brilliant place. A tiny bit pricey though... but great food, great view, great service.

cheers, I will let ye know how we get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Someone mentioned a tapas bar in a previous post.
    If you are considering going down that route you could check out The Port House on South William Street.
    I was there a few months ago and it was excellent. Shared a bottle of wine and a few tapas. It came to about €80 but thats because the bottle of wine was expensive.
    Better off sticking to a glass of beer.

Edit: Make sure to try the mini steaks and cheese platter If you do go.

Nice one Mardybum, that's the same gang as Pinto's! Great place. Must have been some bottle of vino! I have never walked out of that place after spending 80 Euro for two!!! Usually costs me about 54 max for two.

220.jpg14th/15th/

I hear they get really cranky if people laugh to hard in the CC.Seriously.
    People were giving out yards about them on the radio.

Jake1 wrote: »
    220.jpg14th/15th/

I hear they get really cranky if people laugh to hard in the CC.Seriously.
    People were giving out yards about them on the radio.
    Its not if they laugh too hard!!! But they give out if people are talking durin the show, think it was because before christmas, people were on their work parties and were locked and havin a laugh amongst themselves during the show, I ain't giving out about em, anyone would be the same in a big group!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Nice one Mardybum, that's the same gang as Pinto's! Great place. Must have been some bottle of vino! I have never walked out of that place after spending 80 Euro for two!!! Usually costs me about 54 max for two.

The food came to about €40 for the two of us. Then the bottle of wine was €33. ( I have no idea what a good wine tastes like, I am a bavaria connoiseur ). Then I left a wee tip.

I must have forgotten I am a broke student that particular night. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bull and Castle opposite Chirstchurch does lovely food, it's quiet enough downstairs aswell, has a great selection of beers, etc... aswell. If you like fish I'd recommend the beer battered haddock *drools*.

Menu: http://www.fxbrestaurants.com/castle_dinner.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

take them to the bodies exhibition and then to an authentic Chinese on parnell street

take them to the bodies exhibition and then to an authentic Chinese on parnell street
    Is that Bodies thing still on? I'd been intending to go

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Is that Bodies thing still on? I'd been intending to go

as far as i know it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Don't you think the authentic Chinese being exhibited would put them off?

• Advertisement

Spare ribs?

Where did you's go in the end?!

Advertisement