Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in creating a tattoo art piece?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone would like to help in the creation of a piece of artwork for a tattoo. I have an idea but I am not an artist. This is not something I am willing to splash out money on, just rather and if your interested in having your talent shown as unique tattoo.

Just though I'd through it out there :)

Regards
    Ste.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Your better off finding a tattoo artist first and taking through your ideas with them. Most tattoo artist will be able to draw what your looking for with input from yourself and as they will be tattooing it they will have a better understanding of what is need for a good tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 derek finn

send me your idea and ill see what i can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

i can have a go at it if you wish but i agree that you are better off asking the man or woman who will actualy put the tattoo on you.

their hand in drawing will always make for better results if they designed it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

omyatari wrote: »
    i can have a go at it if you wish but i agree that you are better off asking the man or woman who will actualy put the tattoo on you.

their hand in drawing will always make for better results if they designed it themselves.

+ 1 I know OP your not willing to spend money but your going to have to pay to get it tattooed and I wouldn't skimp on that part - a decent tattoo artist will have a meeting with you before hand to talk through your design and 9 times out of 10 the tattoo artist will redraw sections if not the whole design to make it more suitable to being on skin. This is normally included in the cost of your tattoo unless your asking for a major design [like a full back design or something]. I know when I got both of my tatts I brought a design I'd done myself the tattoo artist needed to redraw some lines to space them better due to where I wanted them on my body and also the colours I wanted use.

There is a tattoo forum you should post in saying what type of tattoo your looking for [line work, tribal, colour, portrait etc] and you'll get plenty of rec's of tattoo artists whose portfolios are online for you to look through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

ztoical, thank you for the reply but I have already been through the tattoo process. I want a Full Moon tattoo this time. If you think about that, it is going to be difficult to do as I want it black and shading so it is most likely going to have to be like a negative(maybe). I don't plan to skimp on anything but I like the idea of community collaboration so I decided to just ask if anyone was willing to give the concept drawing a go. I am only starting out on this so my first point of contact was this forum. The Tattoo and Piercings forum is helpful but not in creating the concept/design of the tattoo. Your advice is very helpful but I have thought this through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement