Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus stop on parnell Sq

Options
  • 13-05-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

hi there.
    Will be staying in dublin next month and i will need to get a bus from parnell sq.
    I wanted to stay near to Parnell Sq, so i found Barrys on Great Denmark Street....
    or Jury's inn on parnell street.
    I presume both these hotels are within walking distance to Parnell Square..??

Now, next question.. i was looking at a map to find parnell square and it looks like..more than an actual square, looks more like a street....
    Can anyone tell me where i would get the bus from..is it outside a particular landmark/shop?

Thanks in advance

Femelade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

Landmark the rotunda hospital,stay in jurys not barrys its a kip they are both within walking distance of parnell square......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

jazoo wrote: »
    Landmark the rotunda hospital,stay in jurys not barrys its a kip they are both within walking distance of parnell square......

Agreed, Barrys attracts travellers, granny riders and there is a strip club under it. Buses stop on Parnell Sq East or West, jurys hotel is located on the south of the square.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.353151,-6.263167&spn=0.002337,0.005472&t=h&z=18

http://www.dublinbus.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

You're right beside O'Connell Street aswell for even more buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

+1 on Barry's, stir well clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Cheers guys!

Thanks for the info...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The Maldron is a short walk away from there, used to be Quality Inn before they changed the group name. If you tell us where you're going we'll be able to tell you where to get bus from

I am going to slane but cant say why... dublin bus have buses going but only until 4.
    i have booked jury's inn.
    It says that we can park over night in any of 3 car parks near it..
    anyone know which is better, i looked at prices and the parnell centre (is that whats its called - looks to be cheaper) is it near enough to jury's inn though..?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Femelade wrote: »
    It says that we can park over night in any of 3 car parks near it..
    anyone know which is better, i looked at prices and the parnell centre (is that whats its called - looks to be cheaper) is it near enough to jury's inn though..?
    Yes it is, it's about 100 metres away.
    Bringing a car into Dublin unless you absolutely have to is a bit mad.

Are you driving in to get a bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That Jury's on Parnell St. is grand, rooms are great, good grub too.

spurious wrote: »
    Yes it is, it's about 100 metres away.
    Bringing a car into Dublin unless you absolutely have to is a bit mad.

Are you driving in to get a bus?

well yes, you see we are coming up from cork, but have to stop in clare for a wedding the day before going to dublin, so we will be driving from clare to dub, time will be tight as we have to get the bus no later than 4, which means leaving clare quiet early the morning after the wedding..

(there is no option really but to bring the car as there is no accomodation available where we are getting the bus to - so easiest option would be to go to dublin and get bus from there)

• Advertisement
Advertisement