Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Man Freindliness of the George Foreman

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:10am

What's wrong with a George Foreman ?

OK, so they drain the good juices away, but all you have to do then is pour the stuff back onto the lumps of meat when you're finished...

No fiddling with ovens to turn something over just to watch it fall through the gaps to the floor of the oven, then scraping off the oven-cleaner-tasting sh*te off it.

No cleaning ovens.

Just plug it in, wait for the light to turn off, then keep watching the lamb/porkchop/bacon rib/ chicken breast/nuggets/dippers till it almost burns.

What is unmanly about that?

Easy cooking= no fiddling= proper Brotherly way to cook!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Frying pan + lard + wimmins = proper way to cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hehe massive coronary's are coool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Passenger wrote: »
    Hehe massive coronary's are coool.

Here's your coat, there's the door, bye bye

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm in two minds about the george forman Grills,

on one hand, you can lose all the meatty juices as they drip away into the tray. But they are my go very handy when the wimmins are away

I Honnestly this this should be a part of "Super Friday" on June 5th.
    See if we can get that to be Twenty-Ninth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland Bill, 2009

2374762071_fbef9c50d7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

From the Charter
    Things that don't even exist on the BGRH forum
    Rod Stewart. Michael Bolton. Veet. Light Beers/Ciders. West Coast Cooler. Diets. Quorn chicken or any other meat "substitute".
    Bud Light or indeed any kind of "lite" product
    Any products that fail to show required respect to tasty animal fats, such as George Foreman Grills *spits*
    Mentioning of the aformentioned subjects may result in an instant and permanent ban.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I'd like to point out that the George Forman grill yoke is deadly, cos if you replace the drip tray thing, with a foot-long crispy roll, cut lenght-ways, you get to save all that drippy goodness! Works great with smokey bacon!

You can set it up cooking, and by the time you've downed your first "ice-cold" beer, the whole lots ready!

Sorry if this means I get binned, but I suggest it's a contraption that has hidden talents, it's just been ruined by all those left-wing do gooders (snarl!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah, the innocence of youth. :)

You are missing the point completely. The Brethren don't cook. Not on a George Foreman, not on a Zanussi, not on a Neff Ultra*. I think Brother smashey has summed it up nicely.

Anyway, a George Foreman is an abomination of a cooking device. It's like freeze-dried coffee. You take all off the goodness, the aroma and the juices, heat the bejaysus out of it until they are all gone, and you are left with a shrivelled mess that bares no resemblance to what it started out as.

*I should explain that Mrs. Dunne is in the process of purchasing a new oven/cooker thing, hence my new found familiarity with cooking, em, things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    .... It's like freeze-dried coffee......[/SIZE]

Ah now, you've got to admit, it is handy when your stuck for your java fix, and it's really crunchy! It's only when some eejits mix it with water that it's ruined :cool:

trout wrote: »
    From the Charter

:cool:

Where do you think I got the idea for the thread?

Anyways, I still think it's a manly way to cook rasherses, for those of us Bretheren who are wimminless and haven't enough money for Snack Box Meal every day....

(PS rinds are the best part of rasherses)

I know what you're thinking. It's just a dry patch, that's all. I'm too *&^%ing poor.

Although, the truly manly way to cook has to be.....

Pig_on_spitroast.JPG

Edit: Link to article on spit-roasting where image came from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You dont' want a man friendly grill you want a loved up brethen mad wimmin.

A grill won't fetch you beer, but the paper in the toilet, make you rasher sambos
    and keep her head out of the way while she gives you a foot rub as you watch sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You dont' want a man friendly grill you want a loved up brethen mad wimmin.

A grill won't fetch you beer, but the paper in the toilet, make you rasher sambos
    and keep her head out of the way while she gives you a foot rub as you watch sports.

Surely you meant to type fellatio there...

Oddly enough, I've been asked to do the dinner for the family tonight back home.

Four great big f*ck-off lumps of meat await my parent's great big f*ck-off George Foreman.

Brethran! Ta-nite, we dine in STEAK!

Life is good. So was Lyonidas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kai wrote: »
    Surely you meant to type fellatio there...

Dear gods no, it would be wrong for a true wimin to use her sexual wiles and technique to distract a member of the brethren in such a manner when he was watching sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Dear gods no, it would be wrong for a true wimin to use her sexual wiles and technique to distract a member of the brethren in such a manner when he was watching sports.

I wouldn't have a problem with it!

*points Mrs.Applepie to this thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thaed is right, such activities, while truly worthy, should be resisted until the ad breaks, and for the extra little something, during the match of the daytheme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ah my old friend George. Sadly he doesn't come around these parts anymore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

George foreman is a legend tbh.

His cooking device is great for when dominos etc are closed, great idea catching the gravy as well.

Advertisement