Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Open On TV - Tonight + Every Wednesday @ 11.30pm, TG4

• 06-05-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

as the title says people. The Irish Open on TV starts tonight at 11.30pm on TG4 and continues for the next 8 weeks.

The first table tonight has Richard 'Chufty' Ashby and Brian 'sbrugby' Townsend on the starting feature table.

We then move onto Tom 'TheNutPeddler' Kitt along with Donnacha O'Dea and Action Dan Harrington.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

is commentry in irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Series link isnt available. Get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

How long is each episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

aodea wrote: »
    is commentry in irish?

no
    Series link isnt available. Get on it.

il ring George Hook now to let him know
    lillou wrote: »
    How long is each episode?

each show is 1 hour

sweet ill understand so. Well there is still the rules and hand rankings but im sure they will be explained.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

as the title says people. The Irish Open on TV starts tonight at 11.30pm on TG4 and continues for the next 8 weeks.

The first table tonight has Richard 'Chufty' Ashby and Brian 'sbrugby' Townsend on the starting feature table.

We then move onto Tom 'TheNutPeddler' Kitt along with Donnacha O'Dea and Action Dan Harrington.

I do my best impression of a ferocious tiger when the camera points at me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Thanks for letting us know its on tonight.

Any out-takes?
    (a recorded scene or sequence that is not included in the final version of a movie or television program, usually because it contains mistakes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Paul Marrow's exit hand is an outake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Is this on pokertube, and if not is it going up, and if so when???

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have no interest in listening to 'Welcome to the Paddy Power Poker Irish Open, and then PPP, and then PPP, and then PPP, and then PPP and then PPP. I would guesstimate that they mention PPP at least 40 times per show. If I do get around to watching it, I'll have the mute button on for sure. Not only that PPP thing but that commentator from last year was so annoying as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

eagle eye wrote: »
    I have no interest in listening to 'Welcome to the Paddy Power Poker Irish Open, and then PPP, and then PPP, and then PPP, and then PPP and then PPP. I would guesstimate that they mention PPP at least 40 times per show. If I do get around to watching it, I'll have the mute button on for sure. Not only that PPP thing but that commentator from last year was so annoying as well.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/index.html

There's one out-take placed randomly in each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

eagle eye wrote: »

what do you want us to do? pay for everything and then not brand it? your soap box is in danger of crumpling.

If you ever create a new account you should consider calling yourself TheNutFool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i hope i don't upset you as much as eagle eye did with this question! but i'm genuinely a bit confused, you've made a few posts like that making out that ppp is preforming a service to irish poker by running (and paying for?) the io, i know you had to add money to the prize pool last year but other than that surely the festival is run at a profit, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

i hope i don't upset you as much as eagle eye did with this question! but i'm genuinely a bit confused, you've made a few posts like that making out that ppp is preforming a service to irish poker by running (and paying for?) the io, i know you had to add money to the prize pool last year but other than that surely the festival is run at a profit, no?

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

For what reason do you think any sponsor run an event (any event!)?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

who wuz that homeless guy at the start ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

haha :D

For what reason do you think any sponsor run an event (any event!)?!

for exposure i guess, but i never understood what the benefit to the players was in playing a sponsored event, i mean i played some games last year that were sponsored but the reg fee was exactly the same as a non sponsored tourney, and there was no money added.

i guess for the ipo and those type of small buy in games a sponsor is necessary, but surely the reg and rake covers the io?
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Wow.

hmmmm, maybe my post came across the wrong way, it's just surprising to think it's not a profitable tournament that's all.

• Advertisement

I was really worried there for a minute but they explained the rules and i have seen Liam floods tie. i need that first break and all before a hand is shown.

kara scott may get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

where did that presenter pull that accent from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Rentes? Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Jackpot make a tonne of money from it. The City West make a tonne of money from it. The TV production company makes money. The room decorators make money from it. TG4 make money from it (you don't think they're going to pay PPP to show it?) The dealers make money from it. Card Room Magic pocket some cash for running the tournament clock. The Taxi drivers see hundreds of fares there'd never have got. Airlines make money off the hundreds of players who book flights. Even as a blogger I make money from it.

Paddy Power on the other hand, they do their nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Wii Tennis FTW

The Jackpot make a tonne of money from it. The City West make a tonne of money from it. The TV production company makes money. The room decorators make money from it. TG4 make money from it (you don't think they're going to pay PPP to show it?) The dealers make money from it. Card Room Magic pocket some cash for running the tournament clock. The Taxi drivers see hundreds of fares there'd never have got. Airlines make money off the hundreds of players who book flights. Even as a blogger I make money from it.

Its ok mind Paddy Power prob break even over the course of the year. Unlike the Taxi drivers who the jackpot profit from once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Channing is very good in the commentary box.

He is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I do my best impression of a ferocious tiger when the camera points at me

I lol'd, wp.

• Advertisement

so the io definitely wouldn't be able to run w/o ppp's money? that doesn't make sense to me, i mean people run much smaller festivals with €50 reg or w/e w/o sponsors and i assume are doing it for profit, how can the io with a much larger reg and far far bigger cash action not be able to do the same?

Advertisement