Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie or Vegan Partners

Options
  • 06-05-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I was just wondering (being nosey really), does anyone have a veggie or vegan partner also? Does anyone only exclusively see veggies or vegans?

I remember when seeing my first boyfriend (I was 16 and veggie 5 years at that point), I was freaked out by the idea of kissing him after he'd eaten meat.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My girlfriend is a vegan. :eek:

It's handy if you are both of that persuasion, I wouldn't have constricted myself to just veg*ns though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

My first serious relationship was a veggie, as was I at the time. My second and current is veggie and I'm vegan now. Am happy that he respects my avoidance of eggs etc. but wouldn't mind if he started liking my oat milk as much as he likes my rice milk ice cream!

I don't think I would have excluded the possibility of a relationship with a non-veggie, but it was one of things that certainly added to the attraction.

Good question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Ended up going out with a vegan after we bonded over being the only non-carnivores on a week course, but otherwise dated omnivores. My current bf always cooks veggie if we're eating together, and has learnt what beans to buy me in the market and how to cook tofu. :)

I've been out with a meat loving vegan, who was incredibly fussy for obvious reasons.
    And then a meateater who was terrified of trying new things and vegetables, so was also a pain in the hole.

Someone who will eat what I put in front of them, and not complain would be nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

*shamelessly revives thread*
    My current OH is a meat eater, and its probably a bit weird but I find it quite attractive! there's not a snowballs chance in hell he'll ever give up meat, but that doesn't bother me. He's always been very sensitive to my dietary choices(making me veggie lasagne and the like), so I'm not gonna try and change his!

• Advertisement

lol! perhaps it feels as if you are dancing with the devil (food)? strange indeed!

lol! perhaps it feels as if you are dancing with the devil (food)? strange indeed!
    Haha I think its cos to me eating meat is a bit taboo or something!
    What a pathetic kink to have...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i was witha meat eater (lol, funny term) and i hated when hed try kiss me after a burger, yick the stink! freked me out!
    last bf was a veggie too so that was grand. duno if id be able to be with a meat eater again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I would never go out with a girl who ate meat. Doesn't bother me tho, usually vegetarian girls are much hotter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yah, my fella's a veggie, though i'd have no problem with being with a dude who eats meat, as long as he doesnt shove it in my face.

• Advertisement

jape wrote: »
    I would never go out with a girl who ate meat. Doesn't bother me tho, usually vegetarian girls are much hotter ;)

so so true ;)

You know they say vegetarians taste better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Both me and my OH are veggies! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pix!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my OH would eat a whole cow raw, if he got the chance

and i cook him a lot of raw cow too (by cook i mean wave it at the frying pan for about 30 seconds on eat side)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

My bf was a big meat eater for years but ate my veggie stuff too, then a couple of years ago he turned around and said he wants to be a veggie! Now he feels as strongly as me about it, it's great! Never minded cooking him meat though and would never make him feel bad about it, it's a very personal choice....but nice to know I inspired someone I love so much to be veggie:D

Linguo wrote: »
    My bf was a big meat eater for years but ate my veggie stuff too, then a couple of years ago he turned around and said he wants to be a veggie! Now he feels as strongly as me about it, it's great! Never minded cooking him meat though and would never make him feel bad about it, it's a very personal choice....but nice to know I inspired someone I love so much to be veggie:D

Hmm my bf is of the opinion that unless its mainly made of meat, it's not a meal!So pretty sure I could never get him to go veggie! It's pretty cool you inspired him like that though! Well done!

pix!

lol, u mean u want pics of all the veggie/vegan girlies?

maameeo wrote: »
    lol, u mean u want pics of all the veggie/vegan girlies?

Of course, we ,eh, need, eh, proof for, um, scientific research you see...

well, eh, im new here so, eh, i duno how to post an image (good excuse no?)

• Advertisement

a likely story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I've never dated a vegetarian or vegan. My first boyfriend tried debating with me a lot on how animals were needed for meat and experiments in order for humans to progress :mad:
    My boyfriend now, is also a meat eater, however he says that he would like to become vegetarian, excpet his parents would freak out. He doesnt mind eating veggie meals at my house, and said that when he moves out, he'll probably become, or try to become a vegetarian, for the most part anyway. I don't mind at all, he loves animals and he tries his best for going to restaurants with a good veggie choice.
    And besides, i know very few vegetarian guys.

Would Avril Lavigne suit you, sir? :P
    Anne Hathaway?
    Alyssa Milano?

That's just the celebrities beginning with "A" :D

Would Avril Lavigne suit you, sir? :P
    Anne Hathaway?
    Alyssa Milano?

That's just the celebrities beginning with "A" :D

Who is this avril, hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Is that not considerably narrowing down the amount of girls you can go out with? I only know two other veggies. So where do you meet all these veggie ladies?

I don't know a single vegetarian man. Not one. I think having the same prerequisite is a little more difficult for my sex :(. I don't mind going out with a meat eater, as long as they respect my choices as much as I respect theirs.

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Is that not considerably narrowing down the amount of girls you can go out with? I only know two other veggies. So where do you meet all these veggie ladies?

I don't know a single vegetarian man. Not one. I think having the same prerequisite is a little more difficult for my sex :(. I don't mind going out with a meat eater, as long as they respect my choices as much as I respect theirs.

Probably depends on your friends. Nearly all my child hood friends are vegetarian now and some have and do go out with each other. I suppose if you restricted yourself to vegetarians in Ireland you woul have to go to vegetarian society meetups or pm hot vegetarian studs on this forum. :D

Otherwise it's off to india!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Probably depends on your friends. Nearly all my child hood friends are vegetarian now and some have and do go out with each other. I suppose if you restricted yourself to vegetarians in Ireland you woul have to go to vegetarian society meetups or pm hot vegetarian studs on this forum. :D

Tread carefully Tar.Aldarion, that almost sounds like an invitation :D

Away to India it is so! Or I could hang around Govindas all day, actually, that doesn't sound half bad at all. :)

Where did you grow up? On a commune? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

My gf was a vegetarian long before I became a "learner vegan" myself.

We see all sorts of people not just vegetarians

• Advertisement

hmmm, i wonder are all the male veggies 'hot studs'?!
    pix?? :P

Advertisement