Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The car petrol and diesel thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭b.gud

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's still a rip off

Ya but then again so is pretty much everywhere around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I was in Ennis yesterday and saw diesel for €1.29 in Liddys - Big difference to this here Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Driving past the Texaco (diesel only, self service) station opposite Merlin hospital this morning, they are down to 129.9

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

lampsie wrote: »
    Driving past the Texaco (diesel only, self service) station opposite Merlin hospital this morning, they are down to 129.9

That's more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Sofa King wrote: »
    I was in Ennis yesterday and saw diesel for €1.29 in Liddys - Big difference to this here Galway.

Galway seems to be the most expensive part of the country to buy fuel in. South east & midlands had the vast majority of the diesel prices between €1.29 & €1.33 per litre this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Petrol 1.39 in Monaghan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭westskipper

Great Gas (Claregalway) sunday 14th Dec:

petrol 137.9
    diesel 131.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Was on journey down to Tipperary this week and in general the prices from Limerick down to around Tipp town were I guess an average of 1.36 (cheapest I saw was 1.33, nothing above 1.39). Drive up into Galway and immediately back upto 1.40 to 1.44.
    How can they justify that pricing if not in a cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Webbs wrote: »
    Was on journey down to Tipperary this week and in general the prices from Limerick down to around Tipp town were I guess an average of 1.36 (cheapest I saw was 1.33, nothing above 1.39). Drive up into Galway and immediately back upto 1.40 to 1.44.
    How can they justify that pricing if not in a cartel.

Not long till Applegreen come along and rattle things up a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I got petrol today in the topaz opposite the galway airport for 138.9 and their diesel was 134.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I got petrol today in the topaz opposite the galway airport for 138.9 and their diesel was 134.9

Diesel at Esso at Tony Burke Motors is 132.9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Topaz silverstrand diesel is €1.32

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I don't begrudge anybody a bargain and I certainly won't criticise people for the choices they make. However, I'll walk before I'll buy fuel from Topaz or Esso filling stations, both owned by Denis O'Brien and having boards stuffed with the likes of Brian Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Esso Ballybrit new prices

Petrol: 135.9 litre

Diesel: 129.9 Litre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If people believe there is a cartel, make a simple complaint to the investigating body.
    The Competition Authority
    http://www.tca.ie/Complaints.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

snubbleste wrote: »
    If people believe there is a cartel, make a simple complaint to the investigating body.
    The Competition Authority
    http://www.tca.ie/Complaints.aspx

This has been debunked before in Galway by the competition authority.

https://www.competitionpolicyinternational.com/competition-authority-rules-out-gas-station-price-fixing-in-galway

http://connachttribune.ie/petrol-price-fixing-in-galway-ruled-out/

However home heating oil has seen cartels successfully prosecuted

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/oil-firm-chiefs-face-sentence-for-fixing-price-of-home-fuel-26393571.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Anyone know where to get cheap petrol around Galway? Unleaded = 1.28 in Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

think I saw 1.29 in Topaz at Arch Motors on Seamus Quirke Rd

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

petrol Station in terryland is very cheap (the one near Lidle) Usually 54 euro for a full tank in Maxol Salthill but was 47 euro there! They use Claddagh Oil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Petrol 126.9 at Woodquay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

snubbleste wrote: »
    Petrol 126.9 at Woodquay
    if thats the place near walsh cycles i wouldnt go there for me petrol, cos it didnt last long for the same milage as we usualy do.not happy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

131.8 in the new Applegreen

131.9 in the Top on the Tuam Road

137.9 in the Topaz in Westside

Some difference in Petrol prices in the city!

Applegreen is great.

Bye bye Topaz and your rip-off prices for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Applegreen is great.

Bye bye Topaz and your rip-off prices for years

Apple green is very expensive when you get inside though. I guess they have to make their money somewhere.

Apple green is very expensive when you get inside though. I guess they have to make their money somewhere.

No idea, I won't be shopping there. Fuel only

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Aren't all fuel station shops expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

if as is expected, the dollar keeps gaining on the Euro then prices will be set for continued rises in the near future. Just like to update everybody on the good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

How much is diesel in the applegreen?

zarquon wrote: »

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »

Advertisement