Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Funding..caught between rock and hard place

Options
  • 27-04-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I completed an MBS course work last year in Human Resources but had to defer my thesis submission until this summer due to personal reasons. I have now decided with the current job market there is no chance of graduate job and am considering doing a Masters in Accounting or Finance next year but I am unsure of funding. I know experience would be far more beneficial to me but as most of you will know most places on job freezes and have cancelled all work placement/experience programmes.

According to Higher maintenance grant I would not be able to claim funding as my Masters was funded although my undergraduate was not.

Would I be better off not submitting my thesis and accepting a Pg Dip from the course which means i would be able apply for Master courses in Accounting/Finance and obtain a full Higher Maintaince grant (As it is higher level qualification, Although lose my CIPD accred), or would you complete course and take out loan etc to fund it? Been on social welfare since last June/July so would also lose this and I would not be able claim BTEA as i hold a Postgrad qualification already.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement