Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailoring course?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any tailoring courses anywhere in the country? There are quiet a few dressmaking courses but I can't seem to find a tailoring course anywhere. Any (useful :rolleyes:) information appricated.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/2008/0223/ruralliving/countrylifestyle/feature.shtml

This course was highly reccommended when I was in collage, anyone who went on to fashion design after had really good tailoring skills.

What area do you want to get into?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Nice lead, thanks. I'll make contact and get talking to someone there. Having somewhere closer to Dublin would be useful but I'll see if a commute is possible.

I'm just thinking of doing this for my own sake, not interested in making it a career. One of those career things is enough to handle! However I have always hankered making a suit from scratch and learning the process. Couple that with the fact that it is very very difficult finding suits that are a little out of the ordinary without going down the whole bespoke road (which is costing me a fortune). For example I love the cut of suits from the 1930-1940's, both European and 'murcan styles, but even if you ever manage to find a vintage suit somewhere the fit is bound to be awful. So I want try to make my own. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from Fashion and Appearance at OP's request. If it's not suitable throw it back our way. :)

Advertisement